Yes, it's a f@cking Corsa

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 03 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
I think insurance would've been fairly open & shut in my favour (I was well over the line before the light went red and the Corsa crossed my path) - but from a 'could I have avoided that?' PoV, I was definitely part of the problem.

My understanding's you're meant to stop for amber lights, that's why I think you could have issues (with insurance). Obviously in reality no one does.

Acemastr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 03 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens at every ramp here, nothing new.

lurker
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:38 - 04 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toddling along in the slow lane then whacks the throttle open and starts overtaking the cars on the slip road. Followed by an embarrassing weave as if he's heating up the tyres. And we can't seem to figure out why we get negative reactions from car drivers for no apparent reason? Twats like this is why.

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 09 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

My understanding's you're meant to stop for amber lights

My understanding is if you can stop safely, IMO goto10 would have had to brake fairly hard (faster than the highway code braking distances) So he wasn't really at fault although I do like his 40:60 and the way he doesn't overreact like OP

Adam80UK
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:43 - 13 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you have received a barrage or critique but I'm bored so here's my two pennies worth, and it's not to have a go, we are all always learning...

Don't accelerate up a slip road where you know a car may do EXACTLY that, it is akin to overtaking past a junction.

Plus look at it from his view, he may well of checked his mirror and perhaps even saw a bike in traffic (probably not) in lane 1, but did not expect said bike to move in to lane 2 and accelerate. Even more so if you weren't indicating, it's hard to tell but when you pass under a bridge it looks like you are not (nether was the silly Corsa).

As for going round the van at 45s, I would of done that too, no issues!

Anyway nice vid man, stuff like this hopefully helps to keep people on their toes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 14 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in cars make me cringe. Sad

You are about to miss your junction...

Do you :

(a) Do minimal checks (if at all) because doing so will mean missing your junction completely, then shoot across "dangerously" making other road users swerve to avoid you.
(b) Just carry on. Miss your junction, get off at the next one and add maybe 5-10 minutes to your journey.

I've only seen a car do (b) once, and that was after he tried (a) first (into me) and changed his direction at the last minute after hearing my soundbomb kicking off!

People in cars are in too much of a hurry to get to the back of the next queue!

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 14 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

Do you :

(a) Do minimal checks (if at all) because doing so will mean missing your junction completely, then shoot across "dangerously" making other road users swerve to avoid you.
(b) Just carry on. Miss your junction, get off at the next one and add maybe 5-10 minutes to your journey.

I've only seen a car do (b) once, and that was after he tried (a) first (into me) and changed his direction at the last minute after hearing my soundbomb kicking off!

How about

(c) Just indicate, because that makes it perfectly OK to just dive in front of someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFeBIxRyxag

NSFW as there's some 'colourful' language used Smile

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 15 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

Do you :

How about

(c) Just indicate, because that makes it perfectly OK to just dive in front of someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFeBIxRyxag

NSFW as there's some 'colourful' language used Smile

Definitely the caravan driver's fault - but the camera car could've just braked, let him in and saved them both weeks of insurance drama.
Self driving cars FTW.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 15 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, as much as 'white van man' and plenty of others say it's 100% the caravan guy's fault, if van man just brakes and lets him in,there's no collision

Wonder how the insurance saw it...

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 16 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
Yep, as much as 'white van man' and plenty of others say it's 100% the caravan guy's fault, if van man just brakes and lets him in,there's no collision

Probably through some pound sign shaped sunglasses

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:06 - 26 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw miles off, did lol, go back to a 125 Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 26 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:

According to the comments the caravan driver was cleared of any wrongdoing and the lorry driver was sacked and banned for 3 years, something to do with his tacho and drink problems Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2