Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trump did it, how bad will it be?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump to withdraw from Trans-Pacific Partnership

Quote:
Japan’s prime minister, Shinzo Abe, warned that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) would be “meaningless” without US participation.

Speaking to reporters in Buenos Aires on Monday, Abe conceded that other TPP countries had not discussed how to rescue the agreement if Trump carried out his promise to withdraw.

Laughing

Why would it be meaningless if the US left the agreement? Could it be that all the other countries involved just wanted a slice of the American economic pie? Laughing

This is fantastic. Another spanner in the works for the globalist agenda.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt the left that was against TPP will congratulate Trump
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
No doubt the left that was against TPP will congratulate Trump

And the pseudo-left who have no idea what they're talking about will no doubt call him a racist xenophobic insular big old meanie for doing it.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Trump to withdraw from Trans-Pacific Partnership

Quote:
Japan’s prime minister, Shinzo Abe, warned that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) would be “meaningless” without US participation.

Speaking to reporters in Buenos Aires on Monday, Abe conceded that other TPP countries had not discussed how to rescue the agreement if Trump carried out his promise to withdraw.

Laughing

Why would it be meaningless if the US left the agreement? Could it be that all the other countries involved just wanted a slice of the American economic pie? Laughing

This is fantastic. Another spanner in the works for the globalist agenda.

Being a bit simple-minded for a sec, does that mean the US won't be importing any more Japanese bikes? Does that mean the resultant decrease in demand will see increased prices for the rest of the world?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
More like they're jumping on the anti Trump bandwagon.

I've never known that paper be anything other than robustly and consistently anti-Trump.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:31 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Being a bit simple-minded for a sec, does that mean the US won't be importing any more Japanese bikes? Does that mean the resultant decrease in demand will see increased prices for the rest of the world?

As far as I can tell, it seemed like the TPP was basically intended as a trading thing, so fixed tariffs, mutual beneficiaries, that kind of thing.

A bit like how the EU started? Thinking

Also, given that the TPP hasn't even started yet, I doubt prices would change based on Trump's decision to step away from it. Doesn't look like his plan is to go completely isolationist. Though if it did go that way it would just mean more US bike sales to US citizens. The actual global availability of motorbikes wouldn't be reduced and they aren't an essential item like oil where one country can be a dick and pull all the strings, so the market should stay the same either way, surely.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:45 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Doesn't look like his plan is to go completely isolationist.

At a guess, his plan is just to negotiate like everybody else does, i.e. take all you can, give nothing back.

"The rising tide that lifts all boats," is a nice soundbite (Theresa), but if 11 negotiators go into a room cynically determined to carve out as much flesh as possible for themselves, and one walks in blathering about (and worse, believing in) globalism and cooperation, it's not hard to predict the result.

One thing you can't accuse Trump of is being a bad negotiator. He literally wrote the book on it. And if he's only focussed on the next deal on the table rather than on his legacy as a Statesman, that's to the benefit of the US and USians.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
He literally wrote the book on it.

For all his character flaws and the overall absurdity around the fact that he got into the white house, it's quite refreshing to see someone with real industry experience taking the reigns.

Back in the days of me going to and from South Korea a fair bit, I learned that their government consists mostly of ex industry professionals and business heads, and was sold on the idea. Makes sense really. Good to see career politicians being booted away from the limelight a wee bit.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
One thing you can't accuse Trump of is being a bad negotiator. He literally wrote the book on it.

Being a good negotiator is a lot easier when you start from a position of considerable wealth and power. At any rate, I'm relatively confident my own somewhat limited abilities would improve noticeably if I had such resources to hand. Wink

As for writing a book - eh. Yeah okay - I suppose he could've done such a thing. I mean, it's definitely possible.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
He literally wrote the book on it.

For all his character flaws and the overall absurdity around the fact that he got into the white house, it's quite refreshing to see someone with real industry experience taking the reigns.

Nigga. Please?

Worked his way up from the shop floor. A veritable living advert for the American Dream I tells ya. An example to us all. An inspiration.

etc.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:39 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the point is, whether he got a small loan of a million dollars or not, he still knows far more about the ins and outs of these things than someone who's spent their whole 'career' talking about 'policy'.

Though I'll admit I don't know a thing about how the game is played in US politics. I'm just comparing it with recent Brit attempts - the whole PPE thing, Osborne the ex-chancellor with his history degree, etc... absolutely stunning we can have people like that running a country.

Simply, the UK has been run by a clusterfuck of arts and social science students for too long. So it's nice to see anyone with experience in a non-political arena running the show for once.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:49 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, pretty much. Politicians spend their career competing with other politicians, from the student society, through their local constituency, up the greasy party pole, then again for Minster for Foo / Secretary of Bar roles.

It's a poor metric against which to measure success and competence.

Can Trump deal with them while in office? Well, ask the seasoned politicians that he rekt on his way there, using his zero years of experience. Whistle

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Somehow I doubt he's the type to learn from all those mistakes. Isn't he basically owned by China?

Also nice to see the grubby little Farage desperate to be part of Trump's entourage and syphon off some of his money. Odious little turd.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Also nice to see the grubby little Farage desperate to be part of Trump's entourage and syphon off some of his money. Odious little turd.

Don't get butthurt just cos the recession you promised hasn't happened.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Don't get butthurt just cos the recession you promised hasn't happened.

You mistake my commentary for giving a shit about it.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Farage will get on way better with Trump, than May and all the other British politicians, purely because he wasn't thick enough to jump on the popularity bandwagon and slag him off.

No, he'll get on fine with Trump because he'll do whatever he needs to grab himself a lucrative role with lots of cash. He's exactly like every other politician a sell out and looking after himself, nobody else.

You might believe otherwise, that's up to you. If you do you've been taken in.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

So, much like Brexit, you don't think those white slagged off the idea, thinking it would lose, fecked up then?

Again, but this time in English please.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:37 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
No, he'll get on fine with Trump because he'll do whatever he needs to grab himself a lucrative role with lots of cash. He's exactly like every other politician a sell out and looking after himself, nobody else.

He didn't so much sell out as buy in to politics. Remember, he was a city boy, trading commodities. If he'd stuck with that, he'd likely have raked in a lot more than an MEP's salary, even with the expenses.

ScaredyCat wrote:

That's a bold statement of fact. Can you show some evidence backing it up? Beyond the usual hearsay slander, and therefore-Hitler smears, I mean.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

That's a bold statement of fact. Can you show some evidence backing it up? Beyond the usual hearsay slander, and therefore-Hitler smears, I mean.

I honestly can't say I follow mpd72's life that closely

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:50 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Eh? He went to speak at a Trump rally when everyone was still laughing at Trump, and Farage was promptly laughed at as well. For the second time in a year the jokers triumphed, causing monumental butthurt (that some people are still experiencing Wink), so obviously they share some sort of connection.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11