Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Trump did it, how bad will it be?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 03:29 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Farage will get on way better with Trump, than May and all the other British politicians, purely because he wasn't thick enough to jump on the popularity bandwagon and slag him off.

No, he'll get on fine with Trump because he'll do whatever he needs to grab himself a lucrative role with lots of cash. He's exactly like every other politician a sell out and looking after himself, nobody else.

Shouldn't May have seen this coming?

Where was Kim Darroch who is the current British ambassador to the US when Farage and Trump were becoming buddies?

The way I see it is that Farage is going to continue being involved with US UK relations, he's not going to stop sticking his oar in just because May is getting unhappy. She can either have him on side which would give her some control over what he's getting up to or she can just let him get on with whatever it is he's doing.

Farage doesn't need to be the British Ambassador in order for Trump to be interested in hearing what he's got to say.

For this situation to have occurred is a spectacular fuck up by May! Laughing

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:35 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

He didn't so much sell out as buy in to politics. Remember, he was a city boy, trading commodities. If he'd stuck with that, he'd likely have raked in a lot more than an MEP's salary, even with the expenses.

Just to correct you, we know how much he earned and he was better off as an MEP. Farage Ltd (commodity brokers) became insolvent and you can check company records. He earned significantly more as an MEP than at Farage Ltd.

However, he did well as a broker in the days prior to Big Bang and the EU. Back then, it was about which school you went to and business was done over a pint or 10. It was often about who you knew, what school you went to, not what you knew.

When markets opened up, he just couldn't cope. Smart foreigners arrived who started doing deals on merit and analysis. Farage's old-school style (bit of banter and bullshit over a pint) just didn't wash and as the world changed, Farage hated it. There are lots of quotes, the apocryphal one in the lift with the head of the LSE etc... where Farage bemoans the ruining of the best drinking club in the City.

I remember the invasion of the US, the Eurotrash and saw how business changed almost overnight. I wasn't smart enough to understand what was going on at the time but saw the old dinosaurs disappear and was glad. Their style was to keep people in their place and if you didn't go to the right school or had the right accent, you weren't allowed into their club. Farage was part of that.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:04 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

For this situation to have occurred is a spectacular fuck up by May! Laughing

She is particularly useless, being blindsided by the obvious.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:02 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorillaonabike wrote:
[interesting stuff]

FT claims that his original Farage Futures company was successful, it was the later Farage Limited that folded.

That was after he was working full time to dodge his responsibilities in the European Parliament, and herding the cats at UKIP. I'd expect that he was a largely silent partner and it was his bankrupt brother Andrew Farage who ran it onto the rocks.

I grant that's speculating on what he might have achieved if he hadn't been busy with what he demonstrably did achieve.

https://cdni.condenast.co.uk/642x390/k_n/Nigel-Farage-GQ_26Apr13_pa_b_642x390.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorillaonabike wrote:
Back then, it was about which school you went to and business was done over a pint or 10. It was often about who you knew, what school you went to, not what you knew.

I'm so glad the worlds changed since then Eh?

Quote:
Their style was to keep people in their place and if you didn't go to the right school or had the right accent, you weren't allowed into their club.

Again truly glad those days are over Clapping

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 23:29 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Again truly glad those days are over Clapping

You have no idea, kiddo, no clue of what it was like back then. Today, go to school, get good grades and get a great job. Back in the day, do the same and get told to fuck off despite the great grades.

One guy I knew was actually laughed at in the interview despite great grades. The reason? Because he was working class and he had the temerity to try to mix it with the posh boys. His dad worked in a service station and the interviewers physically laughed at him. Fuckers. Ditto, a couple of good mates of mine.

When markets opened up, life changed. Sure, daddy's rich kid gets a leg up but the smartest and the best get their shot, irrespective of where they come from. That's the difference I see.

Or saw... I like opportunity, it's better than the opposite. And a rising tide raises all ships which is what I depend on. I'm not smart enough to make it without a buoyant economy which is why I'm anti-Brexit: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/autumn-statement-122bn-black-hole-philip-hammond-brexit-uk-national-debt-a7435201.html
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

Last edited by gorillaonabike on 23:37 - 23 Nov 2016; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorillaonabike wrote:

You have no idea, kiddo, no clue of what it was like back then.

I do know what it's like now, and arguably it's worse. At least some people got a chance with a Grammar school education, it still matters where you went to school and what accent you have.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:06 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equality of opportunity, nowt wrong with that.

Back on topic, is it possible to get yourself impeached before gaining the title? Wonder if we can get odds on that Doh! Shhh!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:32 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Equality of opportunity, nowt wrong with that.

Tell that to the equality of outcome progressives. Still, that should be the last we hear of that nonsense in the States.

Sload wrote:
Back on topic, is it possible to get yourself impeached before gaining the title? Wonder if we can get odds on that Doh! Shhh!

Could be, but their establishment tends to kow tow to their erstaz monarch, just as we'll doggedly pretend that King Charles the Green isn't a skip licker when he finally gets the gig.

That racist judge assigned to the Trump University case isn't rising any higher up the judiciary, that's for sure.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9ldUHSgjs

Saudi backing the wrong horse! LOL

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:32 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I genuinely wonder if any 'donors' are calling Clan Clinton to demand a refund.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:25 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the likes and retweets on those posts..

Leftist American snowflakes would rather side with the Saudi royals with their countries appalling Human rights record and Open hatred of LGBTQ people. A regime where rape victims are prosecuted for extra marital sex. just because he's anti trump (for all the wrong reasons by their beliefs).

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyd2_XKD3Hc

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:45 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQCaWLF2gfs

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 28 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this mildly amusing:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxBh4eeXgAAjU3j.jpg:large

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:50 - 08 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

They's trollin'. Clapping

https://i.imgur.com/kogFA6k.png

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:56 - 08 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farage was on the short list Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:27 - 08 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Farage was on the short list Thumbs Up

So was Erdogan. Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:09 - 12 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Apparently the Russians made him win now.

It's entirely credible that the Russkis hacked both the blisteringly incompetent Democrat and Republican machines, and chose to only reveal the stuff that was damaging to Clinton II.

From which I take away two points:

1) The Democrats aren't denying that they're crooked and corrupt: they're only calling foul on being outed.

2) That the Russians prefer to work with Trump. Surely that's a good thing from the bleeding heart globalist perspective, yes?

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:31 - 12 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elections were rigged, just against our lord and dankest Pepe master.

Against Bernie (just one email, check the rest if you don't believe me)

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/5571

Michigan vote fraud.:

https://archive.is/Xi53X

The latest narravtive regarding Ivan isn't new, they were saying that Wikileaks were associated with Russia in an effort to discredit them after the DNC leaks.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:43 - 12 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the "requirement" to have photo-ID, unless you sign a piece of paper saying that you really are who you say you are, totes srs tho.

What would the consequences be of doing so fraudulently, when axiomatically they only know who you aren't? Rolling Eyes

Given the way things are going with voting in culturally enriched countries, I'm thinking we should actually take a leaf out of the Middle Eastron vote-book, bin absentee voting, and use indelible ink to ensure one man person, one vote.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 12 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump wrote:
The political establishment has brought about the destruction of our factories and our jobs as they flee to Mexico, China and other countries all around the world. It is a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, have stripped our country of its wealth and put that money into the pockets of a handful of large corporations and political entities. The media cannot report on the establishment because, mainly, the media is the establishment and the corrupt media is teamed up against you, the American people.

Clapping
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11