Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So this happened...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Quote Me Happy

PostPosted: 11:15 - 20 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJP wrote:
I think that people are missing the point.

A private motorist knocked over the OP's bike. Simple as that.

It's a straightforward insurance claim.

The fact that she's a police officer is irrelevant: She wasn't driving a police vehicle and presumably wasn't acting in an official capacity at the time.

A complaint vs the police won't go anywhere because it's a private matter and re the conversation that took place in the nick, she'll just say that she was exchanging details with the OP as required after an RTC.

I think you have actually missed the point. The insurance claim is the straightforward part.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 20 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
I think you have actually missed the point. The insurance claim is the straightforward part.

I suspect he's never had dealing's with the police that were not favourable to the police. A lot of people have no idea about how quickly "rules" and "professionalism" get left by the wayside when it's a member of the police force getting the pointy end of the stick. Not all coppers are twats, but all coppers will, with almost no exceptions, look after/protect a twat that's in the wrong.

It *should* be a straightforward insurance claim, but given the actions already taken by the police, I very much doubt that is going to be the case. I'm a stubborn twat, so it would just me me all the more determined.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 20 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albigularis wrote:

They said that there isn't CCTV covering that side of the car park.

Given their overly officious and deceitful approach I'd stick a Data Protection Act Subject Access Request in anyway. It'll cost you a tenner but worth every penny if it comes up trumps. Also, get everything written down while it's still fresh in your mind.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 20 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJP wrote:
I think that people are missing the point.

A private motorist knocked over the OP's bike. Simple as that.

It's a straightforward insurance claim.

The fact that she's a police officer is irrelevant: She wasn't driving a police vehicle and presumably wasn't acting in an official capacity at the time.

A complaint vs the police won't go anywhere because it's a private matter and re the conversation that took place in the nick, she'll just say that she was exchanging details with the OP as required after an RTC.

She didn't take him into an interview room and try to strong-arm him into thinking it was his own fault for parking in a private place as a civilian though did she?

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 20 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikester wrote:
don't believe what left wing propaganda is out there about corruption and cops getting away with stuff.

Make no mistake, an increasing number of people in the UK believe there have been several serious cover-ups over the decades. Theresa May is amongst them. It's not a left and it's not a right wing issue. It's across the spectrum. Public faith in the police is at an all-time low - and for very good reason.

This is neither the thread nor the forum for it, but please - don't try and dismiss poor policing as something only a bunch of paranoid conspiracy theorists believe.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates? Thinking

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:09 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Updates? Thinking

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Gen-2-Suzuki-Hayabusa-13k-miles-FSH-Cat-C-/252691346374?#ht_500wt_1156&clk_rvr_id=1143024772880&rmvSB=true
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:14 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the bent coppers though? Question

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:26 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

Transferred to a different station and given a pay rise?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:18 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

That would buff out. Such bargain, many cheapness.

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

Currently have a meeting set up for going in to see some complaints guy next week, shall update afterwards!

Gonna milk it.

Me so scared of police. Such trauma, many compos plz.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:38 - 21 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid, splendid. Thumbs Up

I hope the next owner enjoys getting random tugs for no reason at all. Whistle

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:20 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOAR updates pls kthx.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
MOAR updates pls kthx.

bought a car with his payout....

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4401914&highlight=#4401257

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:54 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste Sad

If you buy Civic, you buy EK9. Anything else FWD needs to be Integra.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 pages in, and no one has any decency to ask these days...
Needs pictures of female copper.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:17 - 09 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

Scotplod ladycoppers tend to be of the nippy sweetie variety, with a face you could use to chop wood.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 11 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Female police officers. They tend to spend their time smashing about the Isle of Wight in vans at ridiculous paces until they get tired and sit at high spots such as Freshwater Bay painting their nails. Being caught by the police veered into piss take territory a long time ago.

And before anyone thinks this is a joke,

https://s27.postimg.org/g45366scz/14925274_10154681179678485_8389305730252306046_n.jpg

My Grandfather was a particularly respected Traffic officer. The present lot position themselves squarely between 'Thug' and 'associated thug'

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:30 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

When I had to produce my documents in Reading police station back in about 2002 the two desk sergeants were both extremely attractive. One blonde and the other a Brunette. Someone had brought in a lost puppy and they both went nuts over it so they moved to the public side of the counter and were cooing over it and fussing over it.

I have to say, they did look good in uniform... Embarassed But then again no Robocop body armour, radios or ninja weapons.

Conzar
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread needs updates!
11:05:35 Rob Fzs: i just wanna own an rd350 valve before they send us to war with durkadurkastan

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:35 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conzar wrote:
Thread needs updates!

The post before yours needs pix.

*I like puppies

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:09 - 12 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:

The post before yours needs pix.

*I like puppies

Have a fox in a box then!
https://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a449/mikecarter1969/Fox%20in%20a%20box/foxinabox2-small-1.jpg

Albigularis
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
What a waste Sad

If you buy Civic, you buy EK9. Anything else FWD needs to be Integra.

EP3s are known to be awesome, and primarily (reason I bought it) reliable.

I've still got enough money from the insurance payout to buy another Hayabusa after buying the EP3 Type-R. If I'd bought an EK9 Type-R it would need to be an import, I'd be lucky to see change from 6 grand. Fuck that. Also wanted a bog standard non-molested one, my EP3 is literally factory-production standard.

Regards to police issue. It's going to court and that's the only detail I am allowed to share. I signed something with the effect of an NDA, they are aware of this thread and what I've shared so far. The complaints officer got me to direct him here so he could read it and he was laughing at a few of the posts Laughing.

Join the dots and you'll see why I haven't forked out on another bike just yet...

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 13 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy you JDM fan boi yo! Laughing

Hope the case works out ok for the OP and you get a decent outcome and absolved of any wrong too!

Can see why you sold the 1300R, you can always get a different example of one at the end of this if and when it's sorted.

The EP3 breadvan is a pretty capable and cheap civic for what it offers. Styling is controversial but they have more ability and up grade potential than the spaceship FN, and being the original UK type R they will be classic soon enough, and start going up in value like mint classic impreza turbo's now are.

I've known people with the EK and though the R is lighter and more powerful than a normal Vti the power is right at the top and it's not real world faster. If you was a mad Honda fast hatch enthusiast, you'd buy a cheap Vti and blow into it for good value for money performance.

Saying that if you were a mad hard core Honda civic nut, you'd want an EG or even EF instead for the lighter shell.

Most Honda tuning nuts like to start with the K-series now, as B-series engines are getting harder to find and all need a re-build by now. I like the old heavy big block H-series lump instead as it's both unfashionable, but also it's cheap and brutal once it's been built to take a bit of boost.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4