Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Grand Tour.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably watch an old old style Top Gear. Chris Goffey measuring glove-box capacities and Tony Mason test driving hatchbacks. They'd have to settle for <1m viewers though, and find a Sunday night entertainment show in leiu of Top Gear in a completely different format.

Fifth Gear I always found a bit "I LUV CARZ MOAR THAN U LUV CARZ". The Fifth Gear presenters could easily be the Top Gear audience.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

BBC have lost a huge slice of revenue by booting Clarkson which, while they are not reliant on advertising, will still hurt.

I thought Beeb owned the TG franchise so still making money from it.

I know a show wouldent be as successful initially or maybe ever but to have a vehicle based show is good for the Beeb and my idea is they need to go radically in a different direction so go for something low key and less laddish. TG created a box that needs to be thought outside of.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:37 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Only if people want to watch it. And no-one will after the Evans/LeBlanc travesty.

They sell it overseas to broadcasters who rely on advertising revenue for income. If they don't get enough viewers to justify the cost of Top Gear, they won't buy it.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Rigga wrote:
They should have called it something else though, the name is shit Imo.

Nah, it works. GT as we know is a well known car gimick thing, Grand Tour, hinted in this pilot, next week Jo Burg, Barbados was mentioned.

I think they will be taking it around the world on a "grand tour".

it's also TG (top gear) backwards...

angryjonny wrote:

They sell it overseas to broadcasters who rely on advertising revenue for income. If they don't get enough viewers to justify the cost of Top Gear, they won't buy it.

They also sell the format, "BBC America" does it's own version with it's own presenters and I believe there is an Australian version with their own presenters too but paying a fee for the licensing of the format, theme and name etc

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Fair cop for a straight revue show but the beeb needs to put TG in the rearview mirror and move on. Maybe do a show that's a broader transport themed idea, sort of Planes, Trains and Automobiles. There's always interest in anything that gets us from A to B. Get a few competent presenters like Mike Brewer and Henry Cole for nuts and bolts stuff then sling in a wild card like Dr Lucy Worsley for the softer social stuff. Cole could be off having a look at some nutty rally, Brewer taking a trip round a supercar factory then over to Dr L for a bit of design history of ocean liners or something. Make it a low key evening timeslot and just get on with it.

With the ginger tw@ gone if LeBlanc and Co. started reviewing motorbikes as well that would make it interesting, although probably not for a mass audience. However people like the idea of bikes, so I'm sure reviewing the new Ducati supersport whatever would keep people entertained, pretty much what they already do with cars (ignoring most of the lower-end boring stuff).

Ribenapigeon wrote:

All those repeats on Dave? Smile

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 22 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

People enjoy watching mad stuff on bikes. Just look at how well Guy Martin has done and its not like there's a shortage of crazy bike related high jinks going on around the world. Might even get Dr Lucy into some leather.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:28 - 23 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was all right, that, all right.

Production values were better, not-the-Stig was worse, laughs were had, Clarkson and May need to lay off the pies. Will watch again in order to moan about how it's always the same stuff. Whistle

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

All seemed very forced to me. Perhaps they need to get used to the situation. May missed his cues quite a few times. Perhaps nerves. Felt way too long, got boring quite quickly. They could have cut out the stupid and pointless "RAF is best" drivel.

Hopefully it'll get a lot better, over an hour of Top Trumps will wear thin quickly.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad for a first episode. Thought the way of saying that 'Star In A Reasonably Priced Car' was dead was a bit pointless, and again, the RAF thing got boring after 2 goes, and there was what, 5 'cuts' in total?

Overall, similar to when the 3 of them were on TG which is no bad thing, although it was becoming a little stale so they do need some fresh ideas

Hopefully we'll see some GT challenges like the TG challenges of old, I did enjoy those.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more 'bridge has a slope on it' and 'how to upset the Argentinians' please Very Happy Thumbs Up

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/the-grand-tour-jeremy-clarkson-angers-gypsies-and-travellers-with-offensive-joke/ar-AAkFEIL?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

I would like to see the receipts for the purchase of Amazon Prime from the people who have been offended.

Tumbleweed, you say? Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 24 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
May missed his cues quite a few times. Perhaps nerves.

I noticed that as well. I think out of the 3 Hammond plays the idiot well, Clarkson is an idiot Laughing and James has always been a bit less comfortable 'acting'. He's my favourite though.

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Oh dear.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/the-grand-tour-jeremy-clarkson-angers-gypsies-and-travellers-with-offensive-joke/ar-AAkFEIL?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout

I would like to see the receipts for the purchase of Amazon Prime from the people who have been offended.

Tumbleweed, you say? Thinking

Sleeping I thought he was being kind, I think most people would have a lot worse things to say bunch of thieving raping scumbags, genocide would be too kind.

Tamsin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:39 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 2 was far more like it for me, lots of fun Laughing

They need to ditch the yank test driver and break out "the Ben Collins" soon though (even though its apparently fiction that he's joining in)

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:31 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamsin wrote:

They need to ditch the yank test driver and break out "the Ben Collins" soon though (even though its apparently fiction that he's joining in)

Weird as Hammond has tweeted this week's is silly, and last weeks was sensible. .

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:57 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few issues with episode 2 on kodi/exodus, no sound from the presenters mics but you can hear the audience Confused

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here via torrents, trying a new one now but the "internal" version is a no-go, there doesn't seem to be a 1080p copy either.

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried about 20 feeds from SALTS Exodus and a few others, all the feeds have the same audio issue Crying or Very sad

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:44 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a solution to the problem
play the show > go to Audio settings > click Stereo upmix Thumbs Up

Enjoy

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've fixed the stream(s) now Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
Tamsin wrote:

Weird as Hammond has tweeted this week's is silly, and last weeks was sensible. .

It was very silly, the audience's starting to get on my nerves a bit as well.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stick with it, it's not outrageously dissimilar to the old format.
I just wanted a bit of the old banter back tbh, looks like there could be one or two more swears in there to make things a bit more realistic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:00 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting even better. Very Happy

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 25 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrent was working for me Evil or Very Mad

If there are no complaints about this weeks, I will be very surprised . . .

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 27 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched ep 2, more like the old Top Gear!
Just needs some ridiculous chalenge/car building/destruction and they'll be back were they left off.
Beeb have fooked up big time, IMO! Laughing

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:29 - 27 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Seeing as I found Top Gear tediously boring I guess I was never the target market for this.

E01 was plodding, too long, trying too hard and scattered with incredibly dull moments pretending to be humour.

You like this stuff, good for you - I'll be sticking with South Park and Westworld.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10