Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Footballs own child abuse scandal.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:21 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/a-reason-to-feel-sorry-for-premier-league-footballers-three-of-five-players-declare-bankruptcy-after-8519908.html

TFA wrote:
Research by XPro, a charity for ex-players

Doubtless the very souls of probity and honesty. Not at all a shady outfit of professional parasites generating attention-seeking headlines to score money from loyal forehead-knucking proles.

Before you rush off to https://www.xpro.org, 'You'll see the message "This site may be hacked" when we believe a hacker might have changed some of the existing pages on the site or added new spam pages. If you visit the site, you could be redirected to spam or malware.'

Go on though, take one for the team.

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:20 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Before you rush off to https://www.xpro.org, 'You'll see the message "This site may be hacked" when we believe a hacker might have changed some of the existing pages on the site or added new spam pages. If you visit the site, you could be redirected to spam or malware.'

Go on though, take one for the team.

Site was fine, (on someone elses computer though Laughing ) looks like they've scaled back to 2 in 5 but it still stands that footballers are all idiots with low impulse control driving 500k cars and wearing 30k watchs, they get paid a lot but for a short time and don't usually provide well for the future. most think investment is a racehorse or financing a shit film for a producer credit, or just drink and gambling which becomes unsustainable once the cash shuts off.

Add to this the fact that every footballer in the land is carrying the trauma of being bummed by a youth coach.....recipe for disaster.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Funny how in the main, footballers have managed to invest wisely, with only the odd few ending up on their arse, like Gazza for example.

is that right?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/a-reason-to-feel-sorry-for-premier-league-footballers-three-of-five-players-declare-bankruptcy-after-8519908.html

what research is your opinion based off?

We all know bankruptcy doesn't mean you're on your arse. Wink

See the house Ruddock was living in despite having no money?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:04 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Chelsea are investigating claims made against another person. Not the Crewe one.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some politician on one of the news programmes tonight lecturing the FA on how this had gone under the radar. Talk about hypocritical, at least they aren't covering everything up like the MP's have. Rolling Eyes

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swimming teams will be next...

- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's because some people actually do go on to kill themselves over abuse, many more than those who do so over a bit of missold PPI?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 30 Nov 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be saying those who suffered in the Holocaust shouldn't be called survivors next, because more of them lived than ended up dead...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:33 - 01 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
There was some politician on one of the news programmes tonight lecturing the FA on how this had gone under the radar. Talk about hypocritical, at least they aren't covering everything up like the MP's have. Rolling Eyes

Allegedly Chelsea paid someone to keep quiet (about his abuse).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:31 - 01 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth Southgates press conference about becoming England manager has turned into a sex abuse inquiry. The Victoria Derbyshire show has all week been had a new footballer on.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:08 - 01 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Gareth Southgates press conference about becoming England manager has turned into a sex abuse inquiry.

It's like all of a sudden young lads being forcibly bummed is more important than them kicking a piece of leather around. Eh?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 01 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Allegedly Chelsea paid someone to keep quiet (about his abuse).

Hmmm, when does it stop being a bribe and start being compensation, when it's in the public domain?

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 01 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
Perhaps it's because some people actually do go on to kill themselves over abuse, many more than those who do so over a bit of missold PPI?

so if nearly 900 so far survived, how many thousands didn't?

Going to quickly point out the 900 or so people won't all be people who were abused - according to radio interviews today the hotline is asking for witnesses of abuse too.

Scenario in my mind is the football coach takes a fancy to one or two of the kids in the team, the rest of the team knows about it but nobody says anything because they don't realise how wrong what was happening was / the coach is in a position of authority / who would believe them anyway.

The witnesses all put it out of their mind until adulthood when a call like the current NSPCC one is put out for information relating to said coaches, by this point everyone's an adult and knows it's wrong so people step forward.

Just my take anyway...

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's possible, but with over 300 "survivors" already coming forward, it does make me wonder how some of us born in the 70's ever survived.

It's not like there are organised gangs of Muslim paedophiles being actively ignored by authorities in recent times is it?
The cynic in me wonders sometimes if the Saville/Rolf Harris/Football allegations are being dredged up over 30/40 years later to divert attention away from a growing, non PC issue.
There is a growing trend of Muslim paedo gangs popping up, which seems to get much less media attention. Current cases involving ethnic gangs, must be less news worthy than historic cases involving TV stars or football players.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochdale_sex_trafficking_gang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_sex_gan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_sex_gang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_sex_gang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telford_sex_gang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterborough_sex_abuse_case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banbury_sex_gang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aylesbury_sex_gang

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keighley_sex_gang

All of mainly Pakistani, Afghan, Iraqi, Somalian origin, and all of Muslim origin. Happening in recent times, not 30 years ago, but less news worthy than some bloke from Coronation Street allegedly touching up someone 30 years ago.

The significant difference being the bumming in question, has been committed by figures in positions of extraordinary power. The Parents of victims have unsuspectingly given care of their children over to these twisted people or organizations. They have believed there children to be in safe hands, worse yet, believing there children's dreams and aspirations are being fulfilled. A fraud of this nature makes this particular type of bumming more sinister and shocking.
Write off! Honda NSR150 RR ('01) - Sold Cagiva Mito Evolution ('00) - Sold Honda NSR125 ('01) - Current Gasgas TXT 250 ('98) - Sold Kawasaki Z750 ('10) - Write off! Yamaha FZ1 ('09) - Current Ducati Streetfighter 848 ('14)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:56 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except it's now over a dozen...

fire
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpedo72 wrote:

Just to be clear, are we talking Muslim clerics or Football coaches here?

I'll be honest, a single isolated paedo operating on their own 30 years ago, seems less shocking to me than modern day, entire gangs abusing many hundreds more victims.

Football/TV celeb makes the abusers more palatable than Muslim gangs for Al Beeb to air though.

I was referring to Football Coaches and the Media Moguls.

All of the links you have posted, the worst example being the Rochdale gang it clearly states the majority of victims came from dysfunctional backgrounds, were girls in there early teens, were often picked up off the street or groomed in shops. This is dead wrong and evil.

But this is a different sort of predator to the football coaches who were treating the team under there care as a sex shop. They were preying on kids under the age of 9 and using their careers and passions to hold them to ransom.

For this reason it is more shocking.

One of the football players gave an interview claiming football coaches 'were arguing amongst themselves about which child they got to take home'. Clearly there were more than one single paedo operating out of these outfits.

The fact that this has taken so long to come out, makes it entirely possible its still happening today.

As a Parent I know which one I find more troubling.

mpedo72 wrote:
How many thousands of children do you think were abused in the links I posted above?

Which is it, hundreds or thousands?
Write off! Honda NSR150 RR ('01) - Sold Cagiva Mito Evolution ('00) - Sold Honda NSR125 ('01) - Current Gasgas TXT 250 ('98) - Sold Kawasaki Z750 ('10) - Write off! Yamaha FZ1 ('09) - Current Ducati Streetfighter 848 ('14)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, the football kids were, as has been pointed out, left with someone the parents expected to be looking after and protecting their children. It's the equivalent of a school full of paedo teachers.

The gang thing, teenage kids, I bet the majority of the time the parents had no clue where the kids even were, because it's a common sight to see gangs of marauding kids out and about at all hours. That's not justifying it mind; that's just pointing out that parents should have more of an idea of what their little darlings are up to.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 142 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4