Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Thought I bought a YBR

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 12:50 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Re: Thought I bought a YBR Reply with quote

Oh-Kay.. trawling through all this lot... WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

babyblue wrote:
unfortunately after being hit by a car recently and needing parts

Trying to sort the wheat from the chaff.. I am going hazard that this is the main one. You bought a bike, we assume to go places on, and it be 'broke' and cant get about on it?

Let's tackle that one. What bts do you need? What's broke? Can you fix it yourself?

NEXT problem....

babyblue wrote:
unfortunately after being hit by a car recently

If YOU were hit by a car.. why is this YOUR problem? Why arent you taking the thig to the dealer you bought it off, and telling them to fix it and send the bll to the car driver's insurance co?

There's a can of worms lurking in that one, which could probably do with being levered open....

But what's next?

babyblue wrote:
I've found out it isn't a YBR, but a sort of clone.

As discovered, this is another can of worms...but

babyblue wrote:
All documents and communications say YBR

SO you have a YBR.. END OF.

If it says Yamaha & YBR on the V5 and the recept, then to all extents and purposes what you have 'officially' remains a Yamaha YBR.

From photo you showed its obviouse t has a carburettor not fuel injection, whch suggests its either a lot earlier model of YBR than you may think, or as has been speculated it's one of the Asian Market 'Variants' of YBR, rather than an official UK model.

BUT it remains a YBR.. that's what's on the V5.

Back to Top: - WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

It's broke... and you dont know what 'bits' to buy'?

Ambgiouse 'providence' does make this a little more irksome; but its a YBR.. differences between variants are not that huge, basic design is pretty consistat from earliest to latest, with few changes of part number of major components, other than cometic ones where as a finshed part it's chaged to reflect a different colour or decal.

This is not a major major hassle; and there are thouands of 'Grey-Bikes' in the UK, similarly, f not worse aflicted; especially old 400's! Anoying as buying a YBR, you would hope to avoid the issue, but its still far less of one than had you bought any of the unbranded Chinese Learner/Commuters, where there's no basic or standardised design, and you cant get a damn thing by make, model & year!

So WHAT bits do you think you need, this COULD be remidied pretty easily.

Further implcations are another can of worms....

As a Grey Import, if you didn't declare it as such when you insured it, then they may have some wriggle room to refuse pay-out or discount your pay-out should you claim, BUT you didn't "Knowingly" make a false declaration, and its STILL a YBR according to the V5....

So, greatest impact of this is that should you have a claim, then the Ins Co are likely to 'discount' any pay-out, and ot gve you as much money as yo paid for it... which they wouldn't anyway, after takng off policy excess and allowing for 'wear and tear' since purchase.

Likewise, should you come to sell on, or trade in, buyer potting the discrepancy you missed, could smilarly discount the price.... so again, you might get back less than you hope.... we always tend to anyway, and you dont HAVE to sell to some-one who doesn't offer you as much as you would like....

So ultimately, you have made a mistake that's cost you some money....

Trading standards? I dont think would get you very far... you bought a Yamaha YBR, might not have been fully aware it wasn't an officially imported YBR, but it IS a YBR, and they would have to do a far bit of work to take the dealer to task about it, and be peculiarly more vindictve than usual TS bods to chase it for you, epecially as it would ultimately come down to your word against the dealers as to what you 'Thought' you were buying. AND you 'accepted' the bike, and have been happily usng it... AND have crashed the ruddy thing!

Not pleasant, you have made a bt of an expensve mistake in your orignal 'buy'.. but the here and now stuation IS

You have bent bike, that before it got bent was probably not worth as much as you paid/thought, but is now bent and worth bugger all... it dont work and needs fixing!

So WHAT'S the problem?

Do you want to try and find some redress for feeling conned?

Do you wat to get the bike back on the road and dong its job?

Back to top... whats wrong wth it? What parts do you need?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:52 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Have we seen a picture of this bike yet, preferably with an example of bad QCing on display?

So far we have been told it looks exactly like a Jianshe, except it has YBR and Yamaha stickers on it so it doesn't look exactly like a Jianshe. But surely you don't want to see a picture of the bike that this thread is about? Is a vague description not enough for you animals??

Top thread.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Another way to tell.

If it came of the Yamaha side of the line then the VIN will start with LBP. If it came of the Jianshe side then it's LAP.

If you are such a big cheese in QC, then why are you riding around on a shitty little YBR?

120, back wheel, unmarked car, 3 year Swansea holiday, retake test.

I don't work for that company anymore, I changed careers a couple of years ago.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:18 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
wr6133 wrote:
Another way to tell.

If it came of the Yamaha side of the line then the VIN will start with LBP. If it came of the Jianshe side then it's LAP.

If you are such a big cheese in QC, then why are you riding around on a shitty little YBR?

120, back wheel, unmarked car, 3 year Swansea holiday, retake test.

I don't work for that company anymore, I changed careers a couple of years ago.

So you are even more stupid than you sound?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:35 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no pic of the actual bike in question, just assertions that "It's like this one". Or did I miss it?

Custard test and datestamp?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The ban? Long story, but not stupid.

The job change? Stress levels through the roof. My blood pressure is normal again. Not stupid.

A 5' 4" accountant mouthing off? Fucking stupid.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:45 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The ban? Long story, but not stupid.

The job change? Stress levels through the roof. My blood pressure is normal again. Not stupid.

A 5' 4" accountant mouthing off? Fucking stupid.

Still no picture though.

5' 4 1/2" btw.

babyblue
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:04 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one here needs a picture of MY BIKE, however I've been asked nicely off forum so will take one tomorrow.

Being sold a Chinese cousin of a YBR I can't find parts for, nor can the dealers I've asked so far is annoying at best, and I'll find out if it's more than that officially.

In the unlikely event someone as a front fairing for a none YBR, YBR than I might be interested in buying it.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:11 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyblue wrote:

In the unlikely event someone as a front fairing for a none YBR, YBR than I might be interested in buying it.

Maybe you should direct your enquiries to Jianshe owners.

Yes I could be nicer, but your best mate is a twat.

babyblue
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:15 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
babyblue wrote:

A sensible suggestion, but I don't know of anyone that owns one. Many parts seem transferable with YBR but not the front fairing.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
babyblue wrote:

Says so in my name Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:18 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

but your best mate is a twat.

Says so in my name Wink

I take the time to notice things like that. You seem to be miss-named though.

'Dildo' fits better.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

Says so in my name Wink

I take the time to notice things like that. You seem to be miss-named though.

'Dildo' fits better.

Nah, you're the one that's 7" long and smells funny. Wink Middle Finger

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:58 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
[

Is this the point that you admit you were wrong?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:
[

Is this the point that you admit you were wrong?

I wasn't wrong. It's not a YBR. Says so on the VIN.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:16 - 04 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

You've yet to show us a VIN. You showed us a plate that states it's a Yamaha and the same model sold in many parts of the world as a YBR. I have a Peugeot V-Clic that has one of those plates that says it's a QM50QT made by Jinan Qinqi....... it's also a Peugeot V-Clic.

The VIN is the 17 digit long number stamped on the headstock.

Asked for comfirmation of parts of the actual VIN but it's been ignored so I'm reckoning this is a troll thread, the Plate you showed us is a stock pic you found somewhere, your name is Tritey and the bike owner is either you or a slack twatted German balloon fetishist.

Anyway as I've wasted my time translating shite for you I hope your next 120mph fantasy wheelie ends abruptly against a tree.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
ThatDippyTwat wrote:

You've yet to show us a VIN. You showed us a plate that states it's a Yamaha and the same model sold in many parts of the world as a YBR. I have a Peugeot V-Clic that has one of those plates that says it's a QM50QT made by Jinan Qinqi....... it's also a Peugeot V-Clic.

The VIN is the 17 digit long number stamped on the headstock.

Asked for comfirmation of parts of the actual VIN but it's been ignored so I'm reckoning this is a troll thread, the Plate you showed us is a stock pic you found somewhere, your name is Tritey and the bike owner is either you or a slack twatted German balloon fetishist.

Anyway as I've wasted my time translating shite for you I hope your next 120mph fantasy wheelie ends abruptly against a tree.

Imagine a Family Fortunes buzzer about now, you know, the one with the big old X?

I did say thanks for translating, but if you want to play this game... I'm not German, I don't own the bike in question, and I have no idea who or what Tritey is, but I'm not him/her/it. Oh, and thanks for airing your little fantasies. Because I don't own the bike in question, I can't run and get a picture for you, as asked. They did say a VIN check came back as a JYM, not YBR IIRC.

I did recommend them to come here given I have no real experience with imports, but yeah, kinda wish I hadn't... I forgot about Nobby being a cunt. I assume you're trying out to be his apprentice?

As for the fantasy bit, I sincerely wish a 3yr ban was but a figment of my imagination. DD40, SP60. Insurance quotes properly twatted for 11 years. There were no trees in the immediate vicinity of this bit of tarmac. Generally aren't a vast amount lining a Dual Carriageway.

DOS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby pol could you leave the guy alone or get a room with him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 01:55 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall ask once ore; cutting the crap, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

babyblue wrote:

If that is the extent of the damage, then the problem is pretty small; and the fix is to do what any-one else with a crash damaged learner-legal, whether its a genuine UK Import YBR, or a CBF or a GG or any of the various copy's clones, variants or derivatives with whatever johnny come lately brand name some-one slaps on them... where a direct replacement fairing is either not available or exorbitantly expensive and would render the bike BER to return to pre-accident condition.

You trawl e-bay, and buy a universal headlamp, headlamp stays and indicators, and bolt them to the front forks, after removing the broken bits.

Most onerous bit of the job, is if the speedo assembly is mounted into the faring rather than to the top yoke, in which case you may have to find a bit of aluminium plate or 'something' to make a bracket for it.

Could be fixed' and back on the road, in a day, after the parts arrive, which likely wouldn't be more than 48hours.

'Problem Solved'

Might not look like it did whe it came out the factory; might ot be as valuable as a bike that is 'as original'.. but it WILL 'work'.

All this shit about whether it is or isn't a 'proper' YBR, and any angst you have, justified or not for feeling 'conned' REALLY isn't helping you get anywhere... certainly on the bike.... is it?

You have broken bike... it needs fixing... stop moaning that its not what you thought t was and cant order parts by simple make model and year, and deal with the REAL PROBLEM!

OR take it back to the dealers you bought it from, tell THEM to fix t, and send the bill to the car driver who crashed into you's insurance co....

Fact you are trying to DIY implies it wasn't car diver's fault, and damage is your liability; Learn the Lesson; crashing costs. deal with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DOS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:13 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taf I respectfully won't read your long post but it friends
said to me buy a Ybr 125 and I got something that is not
that I would not be happy.

It's a copy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 02:43 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy Blake wrote:
Taf I respectfully won't read your long post but it friends
said to me buy a Ybr 125 and I got something that is not
that I would not be happy.

It's a copy.

Whatever it is, however happy the owner may be IT NEEDS FIXING!

Debating whether its a 'copy' or a variant or a alternative market model, and how mislead the buyer may have been, or how much that may have cost them, is of little relevance to the issue at hand; which is THEY CRASHED IT! And it needs to be fixed, or written off as a total loss.

So do we want to carry on, splitting hairs over t's providence, OR deal with the actual REAL practical problem here?

DOS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:54 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taffers the thing is she bought a YBR that was not that.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 03:09 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy Blake wrote:
Taffers the thing is she bought CRASHED a YBR that was not that an official Matsui Yamaha UK import.

EFA
She was, apparently quite content in her ignorance of the providence RIGHT up to the point she CRASHED it!
She has a crashed bike... sod what she thought she had bought before she crashed it, WHAT do you do with a CRASHED bike?
Lets deal with the REAL problem here!!!

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:33 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

provenance

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 09:26 - 05 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least one poster is living up to their name.
OP: if you want parts for the bike, either go to cmpo or look for the last carbed model of the YBR. It is the same bike, just rebadged under the terms of the contract that Yamaha and Jianshe have drawn up. You can either get angsty about how 'real' a YBR it is, or you can get on and ride it. You got reamed on the price either way. All of us have overpaid on something in our lives, learn from it and move on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4