Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 21 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't really be surprised if that poll actually isn't far off the mark. Despite the distaste many seem to have for Boris, he does seem to be offering the quickest resolution to this purgatory we're currently in, for better or worse. I think most folks now just want a resolution one way or the other, and the sooner the better. I think party politics are taking second place, as we see how actual day-to-day politics have become so paralysed over this whole affair, as the media and other commentators seem to just want to continue to drive a wedge ever deeper and more firmly into the middle of society in the UK.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 22 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

More mushrooms. I have it on good authority that since eastern europeans have neen leaving that there are more wild mushrooms left to pick.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:02 - 22 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
It's an end to healthy school dinners now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49397728

f..k off BBC with your Crxp.

Up and down the land, children will go sobbing to their beds for want of out of season broccoli and green beans.

And today's narrative of doom says bin lorries will have to drive north and tip London's rubbish in a layby somewhere.

Apparently this is because the channel ports will be too congested to send it to Holland or Sweden to be burnt. Or something.

You have to wonder who is dreaming this stuff up - and why.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 22 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered £250 to a nine hour sleep in shift at a residential care service sunday night because staff shortages are getting so acute in social care. Given the places i work are all short staffed and about thirty percent of staff are from eastern europe I ptedict....... £Dosh£ incoming

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 22 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

And today's narrative of doom says bin lorries will have to drive north and tip London's rubbish in a layby somewhere.

Apparently this is because the channel ports will be too congested to send it to Holland or Sweden to be burnt. Or something.

You have to wonder who is dreaming this stuff up - and why.

Lots of people with their snout in the EU trough, who are either too lazy or too mediocre to come up with another way of lining their pockets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:29 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I was offered £250 to a nine hour sleep in shift at a residential care service sunday night because staff shortages are getting so acute in social care. Given the places i work are all short staffed and about thirty percent of staff are from eastern europe I ptedict....... £Dosh£ incoming

So the prices of services will be increasing? Who could have possibly predicted that Thinking

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:45 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

So the prices of services will be increasing? Who could have possibly predicted that Thinking

That's good. All these jobs that pay the absolute minimum and rely on tax credits to boost them up to a decent standard should go, and they won't with a labour pool of east Europeans forcing the wages down.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:27 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

No. The cost of services has been kept artificially low for over a decade. Even without brexit potentially turning off the cheap labour tap the communuty social service sector will still be in crisis. The issue is not just cost its the cost in terms of quality and scope of service provision when service providors cannot retain as well as recruit staff. To give sime perspective, in the year 2000 i was paid the equivalent of £22000 per year plus extra money for sleep over shifts and was able to enrol in the local authority pension fund. I workef in a team that wad stable and had an average level of experience measured in many years with some colleagues with decades of experience. The same job today will be around £16000 with only a basic pension and working in a team with the majority of colleagues being very inexperienced and temporary or agency. Its a mess.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:19 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

No. The cost of services has been kept artificially low for over a decade.

So now it will increase, but it will be a good increase which the customers will pay with joy, right?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:41 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

So now it will increase, but it will be a good increase which the customers will pay with joy, right?

The customer is the local authority. The general public has been bulls#itted for years over the real cost of social services. Poor standards have been hidden beneath layers of box ticking so called quality inspection and "standards" legislation and now the whole lot is in crisis.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife works in a private care home of 24. Bearing in mind this is a care home and not a nursing home, I would say less than half of the residents have any real quality of life.

If it was me, I'd call a vet to put me to sleep rather than live like that and see any money put by for my kids disappearing at the rate of £800+ a week.

Seriously, Euthanasia has to be legalised in the not to distant future.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a moderate to severe Teffing might do the trick for most...

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
My wife works in a private care home of 24. Bearing in mind this is a care home and not a nursing home, I would say less than half of the residents have any real quality of life.

If it was me, I'd call a vet to put me to sleep rather than live like that and see any money put by for my kids disappearing at the rate of £800+ a week.

We'll send someone over when your ready.

Of course due to continuing austerity measures a painless death cannot be guaranteed. However a claw hammer to the back of the head is quite effective and usually quick. You will also have to provide a lime filled pit at your own expense.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

We'll send someone over when your ready.

Of course due to continuing austerity measures a painless death cannot be guaranteed. However a claw hammer to the back of the head is quite effective and usually quick. You will also have to provide a lime filled pit at your own expense.

I could go and sit in a park in Tottenham for that to happen.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:28 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

The customer is the local authority.

So the local authority will have to spend more. I wonder where will they get money from. Ideas, anyone? Thinking

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

So the local authority will have to spend more. I wonder where will they get money from. Ideas, anyone? Thinking

So there's a funding crisis. As ive already pointed out.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Guess what cdlxxvi - this funding crisis and all the austerity has happened while we are in the EU. Shocked

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh but it's the uncertainty of us leaving it which caused everything.
Never ever blame the EU for anything Folded arms

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:02 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Guess what cdlxxvi - this funding crisis and all the austerity has happened while we are in the EU. Shocked

And the solution to it should be? Perhaps spending tax billions on airlifting medicines? Or kicking out good value for money workers?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:10 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Kick mpd out.

2. ???

3. Britain will be great again.

Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:42 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

And the solution to it should be? Perhaps spending tax billions on airlifting medicines? Or kicking out good value for money workers?

Who's going to do that? Where's it been said that there's the intention to do that?

Are you just making things up again, like you seem to have been when you wrote this:

cdlxxvi wrote:
Meanwhile, in a land of fairies and unicorns far, far away:
Quote:

The People want the hardest of Brexits. Anything short of flooding the Channel Tunnel will be the end of democracy, because that's what the People WANT!!!!!11111

So what is the source of that quote? Did you make it up yourself, or not? Where's the source for your claim above (bold, underlined)??

Let's have a decent answer!

Or you could just say if you made it up, and apologise.
Riejufixing This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

And the solution to it should be?

A new approach, a realigning of priorities, a kick up the arse. EU, GE and local elections were changing nothing so when the referendum came along the majority voted for significant change. You can argue all you like about how damaging you imagine that will be in the short term.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Yes, good value meaning they have about as much experience of looking after someone as they do of adjusting the valves on your bike. But for minimum wage they would happily have a go and might even bung in a brake overhaul for good measure.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I could go and sit in a park in Tottenham for that to happen.

Ah but then you would miss out on our complimentary eco friendly cardboard head stone. We take our green credentials very seriously. Did we mention we're a charity? You can make a donation now.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 412, 413, 414 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 413 of 523