Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

I have kicked him out, but diggsy's still quoting him. In fact, he's even comparing him to his wife! I think I observed before that perhaps they should get married...

Don't worry Diggs is wearing him down, hes on the outskirts of Berlin and anytime now FarhtenFuhrer76 will go full 'Itler and splatter his brains on the bunker wall.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

I have kicked him out, but diggsy's still quoting him. In fact, he's even comparing him to his wife! I think I observed before that perhaps they should get married...

Don't worry Diggs is wearing him down, hes on the outskirts of Berlin and anytime now FarhtenFuhrer76 will go full 'Itler and splatter his brains on the bunker wall.

MDMA and I as a couple. Now there's a disturbing thought... I prefer my bedmates a tad less vitriolic...

The lady is not for wearing down I suspect - not as long as the Rebel Media/Danny Tommo sunshine cure is available every time he doubts his values. These days he is too busy making youTube videos to argue about nonsense on BCF....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjZyTheG8ew

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:36 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

And the solution to it should be?

A new approach, a realigning of priorities, a kick up the arse. EU, GE and local elections were changing nothing so when the referendum came along the majority voted for significant change. You can argue all you like about how damaging you imagine that will be in the short term.

Ah, the protest vote. That's all very well, but:
1) The protest seems to be about problems EU membership has little to do with, or problems the membership has been mitigating rather than amplifying. How is leaving actually going to help?
2) "Leave" the majority voted for was advertised as quick, easy, and beneficial. We now know that this isn't happening, so what is the point of doing something that is long, difficult, and nasty? We voted to go out and have grand old time for free with an attractive companion. Now we know that everything we can actually do is getting mugged in an alleyway behind takeaway dumpsters - and we still have to go, because we cannot change our mind and stay home after all?

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Yes, good value meaning they have about as much experience of looking after someone as they do of adjusting the valves on your bike. But for minimum wage they would happily have a go and might even bung in a brake overhaul for good measure.

You seem to be saying that immigrants working in UK care system are under-qualified. Care to quote some research?[/b]

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
The protest seems to be about problems EU membership has little to do with,

Actually the "protest vote" is only part of it; a bonus.
cdlxxvi wrote:
or problems the membership has been mitigating rather than amplifying

Examples?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

The lady is not for wearing down I suspect

He's a perfect foil for cdxwotsit. Now there's a match made in heaven Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

You seem to be saying that immigrants working in UK care system are under-qualified. Care to quote some research?[/b]

The whole sector us under qualified theres no real investment in training for the care sector. What does exist (nvqs) is nothing more than a tick box procedure. It allows government to bulls#it the voter that there's actually an inteterest in standards. If you want to go googling stats on social care training go ahead but im nit rising to the bait. Ive worked in the sector for twenty five years if you cant have some basuc respect for that then tough.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The lady is not for wearing down I suspect - not as long as the Rebel Media/Danny Tommo sunshine cure is available every time he doubts his values. These days he is too busy making youTube videos to argue about nonsense on BCF....

Are you saying the person in your link is him?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 23 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
And the solution to it should be? Perhaps spending tax billions on airlifting medicines? Or kicking out good value for money workers?

Who's going to do that? Where's it been said that there's the intention to do that?

Are you just making things up again, like you seem to have been when you wrote this:

cdlxxvi wrote:
Meanwhile, in a land of fairies and unicorns far, far away:
Quote:

The People want the hardest of Brexits. Anything short of flooding the Channel Tunnel will be the end of democracy, because that's what the People WANT!!!!!11111

So what is the source of that quote? Did you make it up yourself, or not? Where's the source for your claim above (bold, underlined)??

Let's have a decent answer!

Or you could just say if you made it up, and apologise.

YAY!!!!! ROFLMAO! Anothe "redundant" from the chap who seems to make stuff up and gets shirty when attention is called to his machinations!

Come on, CD119, it only takes one admission or apology! Do the decent thing!

However, I bet........................

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:31 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Are you saying the person in your link is him?

Who knows? Same politics and looks like he may work in computers Laughing Laughing Laughing

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:54 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Ive worked in the sector for twenty five years if you cant have some basuc respect for that then tough.

I am always glad to learn from an expert, so I appreciate your knowledge a lot! To make it usable for a layman like me, can you describe what are the success criteria in the industry, and how the performance against them used to be better?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-hemisphere brain injury is a fascinating thing. Similar to being German, I think Laughing

(The author of this remark is aware that it isn't very PC. He assures me that he doesn't give a shit Thumbs Up ).
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

I am always glad to learn from an expert, so I appreciate your knowledge a lot! To make it usable for a layman like me, can you describe what are the success criteria in the industry, and how the performance against them used to be better?

I'm getting a strong hint of sarcasm here. But hey ho.

Gross turn over (of clients) has become the criteria for performance. With an increasing recession in capacity to genuinely attend to needs voluntary sector providers cherry pick. So leaving those with higher levels of need without support or stuck in primary services (bed blocking).
There are standards set by government for social care (look up Care Standards) and the inspection method by the care Inspectorate follows these. There are no actual "success criteria" that coyld be said to be qualitative set by the government. Any such systems are in house to a particular organisation and massively open to manipulation to produce positive stats.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
want to discuss Brexit instead of bitching about me?

Wants to discuss. "Enemies" anyone who disagrees. Thinking

Asharin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not reading through 400+ pages of replies, but I can sum it up what will happen with brexit....

Dogs and cats, living together. Mass hysteria!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 24 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris is our leader
Mrs Merkel, he did see her
It all went wrong
It all went wrong
With his foot upon a table
The press said t'was disgraceful
With Emmie Macron
With Emmie Macron
Tusk gave no consideration
To our leader's motivation
"Le backstop est bon"
"Le backstop est bon"
So with October looming closer
Better get down to your grocer
Afore the food's all gone
And now my song has ended
I hope you found it splendid
(Where's my karma gone?)
(Where's my karma gone?)

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:13 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Boris is our leader
It all went wrong
It all went wrong
With Emmie Macron
With Emmie Macron
"Le backstop est bon"
"Le backstop est bon"
(Where's my karma gone?)
(Where's my karma gone?)

Now put it to a tune and sing it. Link to the video please.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
Boris is our leader
It all went wrong
It all went wrong
With Emmie Macron
With Emmie Macron
"Le backstop est bon"
"Le backstop est bon"
(Where's my karma gone?)
(Where's my karma gone?)

Now put it to a tune and sing it. Link to the video please.

It'll go viral.

The remainers anthem Dance!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remainers panicking about the loss of foreign labour, cheap or otherwise, should answer the question why did the UK rely on importing workers rather than develop our own workforce. I've always thought it a disgrace that successive governments have neglected our primary and secondary education sector in favour of pseudo-universities and left huge swathes of iyr population behind to malinger in benefit subsistance.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorhate wrote:
Val wrote:
government of national unity stopping No Deal.

Think about that statement for a while and then consider the definition of the "irony".

What exactly is a "government of national unity"? Because from what I'm hearing it's basically a government that won't uphold the result of the referendum.

Which was advisory and also a lie based on Leave fantasy ballot which made it invalid. Duh...

How many years would take for the UK to recognise a mistake and fix it?

INB4 democracy - well the only democracy in the UK is Parliament.

Don't get me started on democracy. Do tell when you've voted for undemocratic May red lines which never have been debated, voted or accepted by the UK people or the UK Parliament?

https://i.imgur.com/5f4R8lD.jpg

The UK has not moved an inch from May's undemocratic never voted for red lines! FYI Conservative party lost majority in 2017 election based on the same red lines. UK can't be united based on lies and Brexit propaganda. Johnson has no democratic mandate for No Deal crash.

Good luck ignoring reality, expect that to end really well Laughing

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Johnson has no democratic mandate for No Deal crash.

Well the vote to leave did not mention anything about a deal. From that as a member of the public the OUT vote meant just that and nothing else.

So by default he has the mandate from the majority of the voting public. Thumbs Up

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So PM BoJo goes to the G7 and brings up the US lack of lamb, beef, red bell pepper and pork pie imports as examples for a greatly improved UK/US trade deal.

What happened to the strengths of the UK service industry or the finance industry?
Let's see how that works out trying to sell lamb and grass fed beef to a country that doesn't have the taste for them ( more's the pity Sad ) and as for red bell peppers, which grow best in the US's southern states and Mexico, and pork pies, really??

With a history of BSE and not vaccinating cattle against TB (which the septics do) there is zero chance of me ever buying Scottish raised Angus over here but hey, look on the bright side, you can have as much of our chlorine sloshed chicken as you can eat.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Motorhate wrote:
What exactly is a "government of national unity"? Because from what I'm hearing it's basically a government that won't uphold the result of the referendum.

Which was advisory and also a lie based on Leave fantasy ballot which made it invalid. Duh...

Not this tired old crap again. Still, given the source, no surprise.

The referendum was advisory. Parliament as a whole took up the result, legitimising it and mandating it by an absolutely massive majority.

We knew exactly what we were voting for. It was very well explained in the contents of and material referenced by Mr Cameron's "referendum leaflet" which was delivered to every single household in the land. It was debated, explored and presented in print and in online media, on TV and in parliament. These things are still available online.

Notable speeches were delivered by politicians including Mr Cameron. These were also debated, explored and presented in print and in online media, on TV and in parliament. These things are still available online.

We were very well informed indeed.

The decision most certainly was not, as remainers would have (like the ridiculous example above) solely about economics, in any case.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 23:07 - 25 Aug 2019; edited 2 times in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:28 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Remainers panicking about the loss of foreign labour, cheap or otherwise, should answer the question why did the UK rely on importing workers rather than develop our own workforce. I've always thought it a disgrace that successive governments have neglected our primary and secondary education sector in favour of pseudo-universities and left huge swathes of iyr population behind to malinger in benefit subsistance.

Remainers are the people who benefit from the EU trough, obviously. They don't really care about anyone but themselves, and it's cheaper for them to import slave labour from eastern EU countries than it is to train a home-grown workforce. Don't worry, if we don't manage to get out, all those pesky Brexit voters will die of disease and starvation, as their services also continue to be strangled - problem solved.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 25 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
So PM BoJo goes to the G7 and brings up the US lack of lamb, beef, red bell pepper and pork pie imports as examples for a greatly improved UK/US trade deal.

It looks terrible/good on the deliberately simplistic Remainer Facebook memes but Boris' comments were a direct challenge given Trump's expressions of goodwill, and valid examples of rules likely designed to block trade but easily lifted.

Quote:
He protested about the “very considerable barriers” faced by companies trying to sell goods as diverse as shower trays, pork pies, wine, cauliflower, rulers and insurance to American consumers.

Mr Johnson will stress that the NHS will not be “on the table” in trade talks and that Britain will not compromise on standards of food hygiene and animal welfare.

“There remain very considerable barriers in the US to British businesses which are not widely understood.”

He said Britain had sold 250,000 shower trays around the world, but added: “There is some kind of bureaucratic obstacle that stops us selling them in the US because they are allegedly too low.”

The Prime Minister said wallpaper and pillows had to be fire-tested again upon arrival in the US rather than being automatically admitted.

Melton Mowbray pork pies and British peppers are barred from the US, while cauliflowers can only be imported through specific ports.

Mr Johnson protested that English-made wine exports were “heavily restricted”, while UK microbreweries faced heavy taxes to set up in the US.

Meanwhile, the American military is barred from buying British-made rulers and measuring devices because of strict public procurement rules.

“The point I am making is that there are massive opportunities for UK companies to open up, to prise open the American market,” the Prime Minister said.

“We intend to seize those opportunities but they are going to require our American friends to compromise and to open up their approach because currently there are too many restrictions.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-complains-to-donald-trump-over-us-restrictions-on-pork-pies-peppers-and-shower-trays/

The chlorinated chicken story is an EU trade-blocking device in itself.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 414 of 523