Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

reductio ad Hitlerum

Brilliant! I do love a bit of Latin Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:00 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Well the last time Germany tried to turn Europe into a giant federal state, apparently the communal showers weren’t all that.

At the end of that period it was the US and U.S.S.R that were in charge of Germany so who is in control now?

Well, it was a russian (not ussr) zone, an American zone and a British zine. The us and British zones allowed free movement between them and acted as one country but check point Charlie was the entry point into the British zone from the Russian one.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Jmoan wrote:

At the end of that period it was the US and U.S.S.R that were in charge of Germany so who is in control now?

Well, it was a russian (not ussr) zone, an American zone and a British zine.

Aren't you thinking of just Berlin? Germany was divided into the GDR under an East German govt. beholden to the Soviets, and the FRG of the west under democratic rule from 1949.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:33 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The British and US zones were to all intents and purposes one country but this wasn't the original terms of the treaty setting out the splitting of post war Germany.

Edit: it was the treaty of potsdam and there was a fourth zone, the French one.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a Third Man?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:06 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Was there a Third Man?

No, but I do enjoy a second bird being involved.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:37 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Everyone has already surrendered this time, including most of our parliament and the Queen.

Ignoring the irrelevance that is sovereignty of the British Isles, how exactly is a European superstate going to arse fuck the typical British gammon?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
What far left?

Momentum?

Hahaa, they wish.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Ignoring the irrelevance that is sovereignty of the British Isles, how exactly is a European superstate going to arse fuck the typical British gammon?

You might want to rephrase that if you want anyone to bother giving you a serious reply. You appear to have been listening to Val too much.

And btw, I don't happen to think national sovereignty is an irrelevance. If you can't work out why, it's not likely you'll understand an explanation, although god knows the EU demonstrated it in a way that couldn't be clearer.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
We’re too different to Germany and the rest of the mainland.

I don't think it's that, not at the level of the ordinary person. But as countries, we have gone through very different experiences. That shapes a nation and its people. What your parents and grandparents went through is passed down to you, not necessarily in explicit terms. And even what your country did many generations ago - it forms the background that you now grow up in.

But this EU project - it's too damn impersonal, removed from the ordinary man and woman. There's no soul in it, no sense of place for people. It's just business this, and trade that, with no thought of, well, are material benefits all that people need to live fulfilling lives? The EU is a machine, sucking us in, chewing us up and spitting us out. It is a project for the sake of itself. And if it is the only way the continental countries can avoid being at each other's throats in war, there's something seriously wrong with them. But as usual, that's about politicians. As we are seeing in our own country in no uncertain terms, they always fuck everything up for everybody. What kind of sociopath is it that wants to be a politician? Never trust anyone who tells you they're interested in getting into politics. Manipulating little weasels.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:31 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

But this EU project - it's too damn impersonal, removed from the ordinary man and woman. There's no soul in it, no sense of place for people. It's just business this, and trade that, with no thought of, well, are material benefits all that people need to live fulfilling lives? The EU is a machine, sucking us in, chewing us up and spitting us out. It is a project for the sake of itself. And if it is the only way the continental countries can avoid being at each other's throats in war, there's something seriously wrong with them. But as usual, that's about politicians. As we are seeing in our own country in no uncertain terms, they always fuck everything up for everybody. What kind of sociopath is it that wants to be a politician? Never trust anyone who tells you they're interested in getting into politics. Manipulating little weasels.

And how is this any different to any other treaty or trade deal?

Is this a reason why the Scottish, Welsh and the remaining Irish should leave the experiment that is the UK?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:38 - 10 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says what you quoted from me was about trade deals? Is that really all you Remainers can think of? I feel sorry for you. Let me ask you why you want to remain in the EU?

Btw, let me reiterate: Europe does not need the political institutions of the EU for trade that is beneficial to all.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Isn't there some anti democracy, militant lefty, remoaner snowflake site you can bore instead, with your "everyone who voted leave is a Nazi" bollocks? Thumbs Up

Isn't there some anti democracy, militant far right, brexit, snowflake site you can bore instead, with your "everyone who voted remain is a ignorant twat", bollocks?

Who, exactly, appointed you the, fuckin', forum police, noob?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:08 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all n00bs. Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:08 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Manipulating little weasels.

Hey! Don't be maligning wizzels!

https://i.imgur.com/gWZaXBl.jpg

The more I think about it the more Remoaners remind me of the "Useful Idiots" that went to Cuba and wrote all those articles saying how wonderful the health care and the schools were.

The way they bang on about the No Deal it's as if an Iron Curtain is about to drop across the Channel (and the Irish border) and everyone in the UK will starve to death in a week. I wouldn't be surprised to see articles about potential cannibalism heading into October. (The Daily Fail are big on fad diets.)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:22 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see articles about potential cannibalism heading into October. (The Daily Fail are big on fad diets.)

From last month...

Why is cannibalism taboo? Psychologists say eating members of the same species is natural and we could 'adapt to human flesh if need be' in extreme cases

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7383903/How-cannibalism-taboo-sets-humans-apart-rest-animal-kingdom.html

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:24 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You're all n00bs. Razz

Haven't you fossilised yet? Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:51 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The are still a few who've been on BCF for longer than me and are still posting. There's G (less than 100 posts this year), robby (less than 300 posts this year), Phoenix (1 post this year), Kris (2 posts this year) and McJam (10 posts this year).

So they'll be fossilised before me. Razz

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:17 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The are still a few who've been on BCF for longer than me and are still posting. There's G (less than 100 posts this year), robby (less than 300 posts this year), Phoenix (1 post this year), Kris (2 posts this year) and McJam (10 posts this year).

So they'll be fossilised before me. Razz

So when you turn fossil, I'll have 5 years left. Sounds good to me Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:20 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffs, go to bed already! Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 04:14 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
go to bed

https://i.imgur.com/DmmfPwz.jpg

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:41 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
We’re too different to Germany and the rest of the mainland.

I don't think it's that, not at the level of the ordinary person. But as countries, we have gone through very different experiences. That shapes a nation and its people. What your parents and grandparents went through is passed down to you, not necessarily in explicit terms. And even what your country did many generations ago - it forms the background that you now grow up in.

God bless the British Empire...

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:12 - 11 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Isn't there some anti democracy, militant lefty, remoaner snowflake site you can bore instead, with your "everyone who voted leave is a Nazi" bollocks? Thumbs Up

Isn't there some anti democracy, militant far right, brexit, snowflake site you can bore instead, with your "everyone who voted remain is a ignorant twat", bollocks?

Who, exactly, appointed you the, fuckin', forum police?, knob Rolling Eyes

Efa
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 444 of 523