Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand how anyone in a reasonably well paid secure job would want to stay in the EU. After all why upset the applecart where you may have something to lose. Someone like me though, badly paid, service sector and job value reduced by cheap EU labour. F'all to lose.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I'm tired of the leavers and the remainers bickering.

That is my point.

You've been on BCF how long? Shocked
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
You've never understood May's "deal."

So argue about it, from an informed start. You say I've never understood it, with the clear implication that I'm wrong, so you must know exactly what you're talking about, unless you're a fool.

So, come on, let's 'ave yer! Why am I wrong?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
All this empire bollocks.... The EU are 100 years too late.

We, Great Britain, built the greatest empire of all time, much of which enriched the countries we included with our technology and world order. As we progressed as a nation, we had the humility to realise that empires are not the future and nations should have their own self rule and control.

We turned the vast majority of our own empire back into their own nations and not the EU is trying to lecture us on how we should be a part of and are actually physically trying to force us, to be a vassal state in their empire.

Anyone who can't see he problem here should not reproduce and further their genes.

I think there are a few fuzzie-wuzzies out there who may disagree with you jingoistic view of world history, old chap....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I don't claim to own a tardis, but I strongly suspect nobody else on here does either.....

That, my friend, is where you're wrong:

https://i.postimg.cc/zv7bhyr9/more-one-tardis-papercraft-via-papermau-002.jpg

Mr. Green
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I can understand how anyone in a reasonably well paid secure job would want to stay in the EU. After all why upset the applecart where you may have something to lose. Someone like me though, badly paid, service sector and job value reduced by cheap EU labour. F'all to lose.

And the trend of wealth migrating to the top and the gap between wealthy and poor growing hasn't changed any, so it's likely more and more will be in your position. Good reason for the EU to ditch democracy eh?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:11 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

And the trend of wealth migrating to the top and the gap between wealthy and poor growing hasn't changed any, so it's likely more and more will be in your position. Good reason for the EU to ditch democracy eh?

The middle classes are politically complacent to the same extent the service classes are politically dispondent. It all works well for the powerful rich minority.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

The middle classes are politically complacent to the same extent the service classes are politically dispondent. It all works well for the powerful rich minority.

But my prediction, and I'm not alone in this if you follow the AI debate, is that the middle classes are in for a rude awakening in the not-too-distant future. Theirs are the next jobs in line for replacement by automation. So if you want to run a technocracy such as the EU, you need to make sure these people don't have a political voice so that they can't vote you out of office when they start to suffer. And judging by the numbers already disenfranchised, or economically squeezed half to death across Europe, it won't need that many more added to their numbers.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Diggs wrote:

I don't claim to own a tardis, but I strongly suspect nobody else on here does either.....

That, my friend, is where you're wrong:

https://i.postimg.cc/zv7bhyr9/more-one-tardis-papercraft-via-papermau-002.jpg

Mr. Green

Flash bastard!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN, thank you for your astoundingly insightful contributions to the debate Laughing

Chickenstrip mate.
PM a moderator ASAP.
It looks as though your account has been hacked into by MDF 4x2.
Shocked

Very Happy

PS

So insight is the solution?

Hmmmm? I'll rain check the fuck out of that decision making policy.

Almost 5 years of insight and debate has brought us as far along the road as we were 5 years ago.

Make me laff please. Question Praying

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:

I think there are a few fuzzie-wuzzies out there who may disagree with you jingoistic view of world history, old chap....

Such as India? Zimbabwe maybe?
How has Zimbabwe fared since independence?

FFS man.
At least have the decency to pick a better example. 🤣

OK maybe independence is not such a success after all.
It's not as easy to survive in the ocean when you're not a part of a shoal. Unless you are very powerful, extremely quick
Or have big fuck-off teeth.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:07 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

You live in Scotland. Your whole life is a rain check Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:16 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
https://pics.me.me/410-turdis-doctor-poo-22045552.png

I had to rename it after I went to look at the future of the EU, and landed in a continent of shit Wink Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:24 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

And when the EU wants to go to war with Russia, you'll be OK with your kids being conscripted too?

UK government will be straight in at the front in any war the EU ends up in, whether in aggression or defence. Our leaders never want to miss out on such fun.

Plus it'll probably part of the new UK-EU trade deal Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
MCN wrote:

You live in Scotland. Your whole life is a rain check Laughing

Aye... well... but.... anyway...

Fuck aff yoo. 🤣🤣🤣

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is that if we are successful in Brexit, other EU nations will follow suit, and it will be much easier for them.
Either way we're in for a spanking Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the backstop never has the phrase:

"Well sir, if I were you, I wouldn’t start from here."

...been more apposite!

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:36 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Farage pretty much nailed it in the short time they allowed him to speak today.

It's difficult to argue against his point.

https://youtu.be/gNlfJcBYCHw

Luckily all the MEPs seem to have been busy doing democratic things elsewhere, just a few Brexit Party people there running things Laughing .
How much do they get paid again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Try and not come across as preposterous with your sweeping statements. Thumbs Up

Rated "Insightful." Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 18 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
So argue about it, from an informed start. You say I've never understood it, with the clear implication that I'm wrong, so you must know exactly what you're talking about, unless you're a fool.

So, come on, let's 'ave yer! Why am I wrong?

Easy, Tiger. It was addressed way back, and mpd72 has just made the same points about May's Deal not being "Leave" at all. I'm surprised you've raised it again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 458 of 523