Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 468, 469, 470 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:12 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, at some fantasy fiction convention...

Grand Wizard wrote:
Let's Brexit! Once free from the EUvil EUmpire, we will attract investors of all worlds, from Arnor to Zerrikania!

Enter reality:
https://www.cer.eu/sites/default/files/body-images/chart3_costofbrexit_14.10.19.jpg

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Meanwhile, at some fantasy fiction convention...
Grand Wizard wrote:
Let's Brexit! Once free from the EUvil EUmpire, we will attract investors of all worlds, from Arnor to Zerrikania!

Just like all your stuff. You make it up. Pathetic.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Have we left yet? The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

Times today:
Quote:
"Boris Johnson hit by prospect of no Brexit until 2020"

Me: not if UK Parliament puts Johnson deal to new and fair referendum first.

Means there will be no Brexit. Not now. Not in 2020. Not ever.
Happy days Laughing Laughing Laughing

Or we can have an extension until 2120, gammons will be apoplectic, surely BCF leavers can see the fun in that:

https://i.imgur.com/6QjNFPm.gif

another referendum is dead, you didn't accept this one and we wont accept the result of the next one, you'll just have to fight to get back in

and as remainers say, until the tories brought it up, no one really cared about the Eu before 2013, so other than the most nutty remainers, no one will be arsed enough to fight to rejoin, especially with the Daily mail and the RW media soo anti EU Wink
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Source: the Centre for European Reform.

How are they getting on? Laughing

The image just says it's the Brexit uncertainty which needs to be ended. Leaving would do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

another referendum is dead, you didn't accept this one and we wont accept the result of the next one, you'll just have to fight to get back in

Perhaps the Remainers can get their friends in the IRA to help. I see Ch4 is already busy trying to enlist them.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:04 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

The image just says it's the Brexit uncertainty which needs to be ended. Leaving would do it.

No sir, it shows the dive in UK-bound investments during our 3 years of endeavour to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

No sir, it shows the dive in UK-bound investments during our 3 years of endeavour to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Due to uncertainty, wouldn't you say (as business does)?

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:17 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Due to uncertainty, wouldn't you say (as business does)?

It may be - not the subject of the report I quoted.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:20 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls / surveys like that aren't accurate.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 16 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big a cheque to the DUP will Boris need to sign to get them on board? Sounds to me like they want a big one.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:58 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
How big a cheque to the DUP will Boris need to sign to get them on board? Sounds to me like they want a big one.

So far they appear pragmatic: there's no cheque big enough in Johnson's pocket to cover the Brexit hit on NI.

Plus, they may actually be real unionists (unlike the incumbent Tories) and take an issue with a deal that makes the 1st step towards detaching NI from UK.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

12Bn........a year!

Tw@ts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should do a Berlin deal. Wall of the Catholic areas of Belfast and the road to the Republic of Ireland. Problem sorted.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:16 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

So far they appear pragmatic: there's no cheque big enough in Johnson's pocket to cover the Brexit hit on NI.

Plus, they may actually be real unionists (unlike the incumbent Tories) and take an issue with a deal that makes the 1st step towards detaching NI from UK.

I don't particularly want brexit, but binning off NI altogether would be a bonus in any scenario.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don’t understand is that NI haven’t had a functioning government in nearly 3 years, why on earth do they think they have any rights or say in any of this?

DUP has already rejected the new deal, within minutes of it being issued.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Johnson I can't see what is DUP problem seriously? I mean there will be no actual sea border just some handling of goods inside in NI and main UK that will vary depending on what they are. That is not much different how HMRC currently handles goods from different countries. And I am saying that as unbiased observer given the fact I actually want UK to stay in the EU not have that "deal" which is much worst then what we have now.

I hope the UK Parliament puts Johnson deal to new fair referendum first.

Means there will be no Brexit.Not now.Not in 2020.Not ever.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:28 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
I don't particularly want brexit, but binning off NI altogether would be a bonus in any scenario.

Maybe there should be a referendum..... Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:26 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPs win bid to vote on second Brexit referendum in Saturday parliament showdown

MPs have won a key parliamentary vote paving the way for a Commons bid to secure a second referendum on Saturday.

Ex-Tory backbencher Sir Oliver Letwin led a successful attempt to allow backbench MPs to amend Boris Johnson's Brexit plans, in a knife-edge vote that passed by 287 votes to 275.

MPs also approved a rare Saturday sitting to scrutinise Mr Johnson's new plan - but the government's proposal for a short debate on a motion to either "approve the deal or approve a no-deal Brexit" were derailed by the backbench victory.

The move now clears the way for pro-EU MPs to force a vote on a second referendum, by tacking on an amendment calling for another public vote on the prime minister's Brexit blueprint.

Sir Oliver said the plan would allow MPs to move any amendment to the government's proposal and for them to be voted upon, if selected by Speaker John Bercow.

He suggested that it could close a loophole in the so-called Benn Act - which requires the PM to seek a Brexit delay if he does not have a deal by 19 October. The law only compels the PM to seek an extension if MPs fail to pass a motion.

Sir Oliver told MPs: "That will enable those of us, like me, who wish to support and carry through and eventually see the ratification of this deal, not to put us in the position of allowing the government off the Benn Act hook on Saturday, but only at a time when the bill has been taken through both Houses of Parliament and legislated on."

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Commons leader, said Mr Johnson would make a statement at 9.30am on Saturday and take questions about his talks with the EU.

He suggested MPs would be offered the chance to either approve a deal or approve a no-deal Brexit.

The Brexiteer said he would support the plan, as the prime minister deserved credit for his "remarkable success in a deal that all of us can support".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-vote-second-referendum-amendments-bill-boris-johnson-commons-a9159966.html

Rolling Eyes

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone summarise for the hard of thinking (me) the differences between this new deal, and May's thrice a turd deal?

Apart from the fact that the EU didn't write this one, of course.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 17 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
MPs win bid to vote on second Brexit referendum in Saturday parliament showdown

I don't know why they don't just make a law that says Boris has to revoke A50 outright. Cowards!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 164 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 468, 469, 470 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 469 of 523