Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 00:46 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Why do the Scottish people, well some of them, fall for it?

The average IQ in Scotchland is 5 points lower than the South East.

Any further questions?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 02:13 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Any further questions?

Poor quality bait Roger.

the average IQ for any given population is ALWAYS 100. By definition.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:24 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic...

OMG, stop Brexit immediately, you're all turning into a bunch of fishy breathed non-meat eaters. Shocked

If you're not careful the Scots will be quitting the Buckie next. Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:32 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Any further questions?

Poor quality bait Roger.

the average IQ for any given population is ALWAYS 100. By definition.

When sitting the same tests, the Scotch folk score 5 points lower than our betters in the South East.

They'd understand that.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best Brexit analysis ever Thumbs Up

https://www.euronews.com/2016/12/20/theresa-may-s-brexit-problem

Quote:
May’s dilemma stems from the fact that the “Leave” coalition, while sharing certain conservative values, comprises two incompatible factions: mostly middle-class, affluent pensioners who want to leave the EU because they think it is too bureaucratic and protectionist; and mostly working-class voters who want to leave because they favor more protectionism.

Clearly, there is no form of Brexit – or post-Brexit Britain – that will satisfy both groups.

That explains why Corbyn is such keen supported of Brexit and hates EU.

Also explains why May is not very keen to define her goals. She wants to declare victory whatever the outcome LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
The best Brexit analysis ever Thumbs Up

https://www.euronews.com/2016/12/20/theresa-may-s-brexit-problem

Quote:
May’s dilemma stems from the fact that the “Leave” coalition, while sharing certain conservative values, comprises two incompatible factions: mostly middle-class, affluent pensioners who want to leave the EU because they think it is too bureaucratic and protectionist; and mostly working-class voters who want to leave because they favor more protectionism.

Clearly, there is no form of Brexit – or post-Brexit Britain – that will satisfy both groups.

That explains why Corbyn is such keen supported of Brexit and hates EU.

Also explains why May is not very keen to define her goals. She wants to declare victory whatever the outcome LOL.

Noise, more pointless noise
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:01 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does highlight that Sharia May is a big problem. Her career has been based on waiting and seeing, then claiming credit for whatever happens[*]. She's precisely the wrong sort of person to be in charge of a process that requires aggressive confrontation rather than supine appeasement.

We should subcontract it out to Trump. Whistle

[*] The exception being her foul hectoring of the police on orders from her masters. She knew they're a soft target that can't do a thing about it other than quit.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
It does highlight that Sharia May is a big problem. Her career has been based on waiting and seeing, then claiming credit for whatever happens[*]. She's precisely the wrong sort of person to be in charge of a process that requires aggressive confrontation rather than supine appeasement.

[*] The exception being her foul hectoring of the police on orders from her masters. She knew they're a soft target that can't do a thing about it other than quit.

Let's say you have somebody in charge that is keen on aggressive confrontation.

How exactly you can satisfy what wealthy middle class that voted for leave want with Corby/Syriza lefties that also voted leave and want down with capitalist EU?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:14 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

How exactly you can satisfy what wealthy middle class that voted for leave want with Corby/Syriza lefties that also voted leave and want down with capitalist EU?

It's easy

everybody, without exception including me, who voted to leave did so because they're small thinking bigots with no grasp of politics the economy or logic. As remainers constantly explain ('Mainsplaining?)

so all we really want is all the Polish tradesmen throwing in the back of a van and deporting. (or bring back bent bananas)

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Let's say you have somebody in charge that is keen on aggressive confrontation.

Simple really and what all remainers don't get, once you leave the tenticles of the eu, the government has direct say over everything, so if Corbyn gets in, he can nationalise the railways again, if the tories stay in, they can cut regulation and vat etc etc
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 19:46 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

As mdp said and the minor short term bad effects will pay off in the long term, like leaving the ERM, or is that another theory

Ooh, ERM, otherwise known as economics 101 or 'real world' economics shitting on theory.

In the real world, interest rates and exchange rates cannot be controlled simultaneously (with free movement of capital), irrespective of whether we are in the 17th, 20th or 21st Centuries. The ERM debacle is the greatest example of this and what happens when an idiot (our Chancellor) thought his crack-brained theory would supplant real-world economics. You can read 'Impossible Trinity' which is

Brought me back to a transaction I had to once bank in ECUs. I'm one of the only people in the world to have actually moved money in the shortest lived currency in the history of Europe.

Now your theory is if we Brexit, negative economic effects will only last a short time. I believe in looking at real world examples, not theory.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorillaonabike wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

As mdp said and the minor short term bad effects will pay off in the long term, like leaving the ERM, or is that another theory

Ooh, ERM, otherwise known as economics 101 or 'real world' economics shitting on theory.

In the real world, interest rates and exchange rates cannot be controlled simultaneously (with free movement of capital), irrespective of whether we are in the 17th, 20th or 21st Centuries. The ERM debacle is the greatest example of this and what happens when an idiot (our Chancellor) thought his crack-brained theory would supplant real-world economics. You can read 'Impossible Trinity' which is

Brought me back to a transaction I had to once bank in ECUs. I'm one of the only people in the world to have actually moved money in the shortest lived currency in the history of Europe.

Now your theory is if we Brexit, negative economic effects will only last a short time. I believe in looking at real world examples, not theory.

Cool story bro, But your examples are out of date, each time something happens, it is unique to the time period.

Comparing apples and Oranges, so it's just a puerile attempt of justifying eu membership in the end.

You're arguing from a point of Hard brexit, we've already established this won't happen, ie the Nissan deal, so other than more pointless Noise, i don't really know what you're going on for and going by all the latest data, check the ONS, we're pretty much where we should be, so uncertainty isn't hurting us that much and we're only uncertain atm, because remainers such as yourself, keep putting obstacles in the way, so stop trying to sink the ship and get behind the wheel,

Brexiteers were led to believe, we would invoke article 50 the day we voted leave, so don't come moaning now when it's your lot holding us up.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 23 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorillaonabike wrote:
The ERM debacle is the greatest example of... what happens when an idiot (our Chancellor) thought his crack-brained theory would supplant real-world economics.

Wasn't the ERM an EU idea, and EU-wide?
("EEC" back then.)

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:18 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
...what all remainers don't get, once you leave the tenticles of the eu, the government has direct say over everything, so if Corbyn gets in, he can nationalise the railways again...

Just to be clear, I couldn't give a fuck either way - I just like to call bullshit on fallacious propositions. And this is one.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
...what all remainers don't get, once you leave the tenticles of the eu, the government has direct say over everything, so if Corbyn gets in, he can nationalise the railways again...

Just to be clear, I couldn't give a fuck either way - I just like to call bullshit on fallacious propositions. And this is one.

Well explain yourself then?

Or are you another remainer with no idea about public sector directives that do not allow renantionaistion of public sectors, the Greece were proper moaning about this when they had to do this in order to get bail outs.

More pointless noise.
19)
To ensure a real opening up of the market and a fair balance in the application of procurement rules in the water, energy, transport and postal services sectors it is necessary for the entities covered to be identified on a basis other than their legal status. It should be ensured, therefore, that the equal treatment of contracting entities operating in the public sector and those operating in the private sector is not prejudiced. It is also necessary to ensure, in keeping with Article 345 TFEU, that the rules governing the system of property ownership in Member States are not prejudiced.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1440422472952&uri=CELEX:32014L0025

There, i did it for you, we're part of the singe market, that means the free movement of goods, labour and services, you cannot restrict the railways to complete public ownership whilst in the SM, it is all quite simple.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Mart_er6
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:11 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorillaonabike wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

If you're talking about Lamont then you'll find he was actually against the ERM. Also the Euro is a continuation of the same thing; different countries but same currency without the ability to devalue when things go pear shaped; hence why Greece is being screwed by the EU (to bail out French & German banks). The Euro benefits France and Germany at the expense of the rest of the EU. The whole thing is setup up poorly and is prone to instability; one significant reason why the UK should detangle itself from the EU.

A good source about this topic is Yanis Varoufakis' book, 'The Weak suffer what they must'. He is pro the concept of an EU but against the current way the EU and the Euro is setup.

Mart_er6
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:20 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

There, i did it for you, we're part of the singe market, that means the free movement of goods, labour and services, you cannot restrict the railways to complete public ownership whilst in the SM, it is all quite simple.

Someone forgot to tell the French then.. have you had a look at what their government owns a controlling stake in. Doesn't stop at the railways (SNCF state majority)..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise#France

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mart_er6 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Someone forgot to tell the French then.. have you had a look at what their government owns a controlling stake in. Doesn't stop at the railways (SNCF state majority)..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise#France

It's hardly a 100% nationalised network like Corbyn proposes though is it, abit of a shoddy manifesto pledge, if you vote corbyn in, to find the route you use, is still in private hands.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:44 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for ponting out that EU diktats are more honoured in the breach than the observance across most of the continent. Which makes our slavish obsequiousness particularly galling.

Also, do let's all keep citing the same economists who have been utterly, laughably wrong about Brexit so far. I grant that they do make a good show of being perspicacious about past events, given years of hindsight.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Thanks for ponting out that EU diktats are more honoured in the breach than the observance across most of the continent. Which makes our slavish obsequiousness particularly galling.

Also, do let's all keep citing the same economists who have been utterly, laughably wrong about Brexit so far. I grant that they do make a good show of being perspicacious about past events, given years of hindsight.

Made me chuckle when I went to Bulgaria and, despite having the same anti smoking policies as the UK, et al, the air in the restaurants was grey/blue with smoke.

Are the doom and gloom economists not just making predictions? It is fairly tricky being wrong on something that hasn't happened yet or did I miss something and you lot got a Brexmas instead of a Breaster?

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:21 - 24 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mart_er6 wrote:

The Euro benefits France and Germany at the expense of the rest of the EU. The whole thing is setup up poorly...

Yes and all the evidence is there for that. There are huge benefits for a small number of countries and others are scr@wed although Yanis' book is way too left wing for me.

What I disagree with is the UK solution - leaving the EEA.

Merry Xmas 1 and all.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:58 - 25 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Honestly, no.
[b]If the Chinese wanted to up the ante they've only got to start playing silly beggars with their imports

Maybe I'm missing the gist here, but it's a buyers market. China is screwed if big Western economies reduce their dependence on buying Chinese goods. Their economy is slowing down quite a bit already.

Silly me, China wouldn't dream of messing about with world trade. Note that's GM's chain they're yanking (and GM's largest market to boot) not some two bit Rainpal startup...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 126 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 6 of 523