Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Do we think that cdlxxvi believes the stuff that he posts / copy and pastes from somewhere else is accurate and factually correct?

Debatable whether it's even a human posting. There are a few robots on these forums and the clue is they don't react to anything you say about them in any natural way.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:23 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced that the Russians place people on forums in an attempt to manipulate public opinion. I'm not suggesting that he is one, but I have my suspicions...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:36 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

But stupid people also don't react to anything you say about them in any natural way. Razz

They joined BCF before the word Brexit had even been thought of and they were posting bike related stuff for a few years until May 2017 when they advertised their bike for sale on gumtree.

Until two days after the Brexit referendum, all of their posts on BCF were in the bike related forums. Since then almost everything has been in the politics and current affairs forum.

They do quote posts and they do use the karma system so I don't think they're a bot.

I think they're Portuguese https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4220870&highlight=#4220870 so maybe they're in the UK on Maddie related 'business'.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
But stupid people also don't react to anything you say about them in any natural way. Razz

They joined BCF before the word Brexit had even been thought of and they were posting bike related stuff for a few years until May 2017 when they advertised their bike for sale on gumtree.

Until two days after the Brexit referendum, all of their posts on BCF were in the bike related forums. Since then almost everything has been in the politics and current affairs forum.

They do quote posts and they do use the karma system so I don't think they're a bot.

I think they're Portuguese https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4220870&highlight=#4220870 so maybe they're in the UK on Maddie related 'business'.

Hah! I knew it Smile Ste delivers yet again Very Happy

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:25 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this thread has now gone from Brexit to whether or not Mr 476 is some incarnation of Skynet.

Thumbs Up

Personally I vote MPD sock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Portuguese.

I fucking knew it.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder he's so far up the EU's arse....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I wouldn't assume everyone from a European country loves the EU. There are plenty of signs that anti-EU sentiment is quite strong and growing in many quarters.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
bhinso wrote:

I wouldn't assume everyone from a European country loves the EU. There are plenty of signs that anti-EU sentiment is quite strong and growing in many quarters.

EU as like USA.

The resentment against the Feds in the U.S. is just the same.
And Texas aye bleats about wanting to leave the union.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secession_in_the_United_States

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US is not us Smile
MCN, you're just going to have to get used to the idea that your country is not in the EU Razz
And with a strong Tory majority in the HoC, you probably won't get another Scots Independence referendum anytime soon either Razz Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The US is not us Smile
MCN, you're just going to have to get used to the idea that your country is not in the EU Razz
And with a strong Tory majority in the HoC, you probably won't get another Scots Independence referendum anytime soon either Razz Razz

Don't be silly...

Well just let history talk.

We'll sack York again.

We'll then raise the drawbridge on the hadrains wall and drop the portcullis. Open Rothsyth docks to European cargo again.
Put a meter on the oil and gas piped to the south and stock-pile oor wahtur.

Wee Jimmy Crankie has a plan.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:58 - 14 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Wee Jimmy Crankie has a plan.

God help you (an' he don't exist!) Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:37 - 15 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/16/01/027C957B0000044D-3361843-image-a-81_1450228118883.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:52 - 15 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory:

https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ad_165828585.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C550&ssl=1

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 15 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Crankie. That happy smile that's had sex with Saville and many more. Into 3somes and other bits. Oh god my breakfast is coming back Sick

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 15 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Jimmy Crankie. That happy smile that's had sex with Saville and many more. Into 3somes and other bits. Oh god my breakfast is coming back Sick

Apologies! My intention was to inform and not to offend Laughing

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:05 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great Brexit business bonanza is here!
I mean not exactly here, but quite close. Only about 500 miles away.

Quote:
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Twice as many companies set up operations in the Netherlands in 2019 compared to a year earlier as Britain’s departure from the European Union neared, a Dutch government agency said on Wednesday.

“The trend has been a doubling each year of the number of companies coming to the Netherlands,” said Jeroen Nijland, commissioner at NFIA.

The 140 businesses are expected to create more than 4,200 jobs and 375 million euros (£311 million) in investments in coming years, the agency said.

Companies setting up in the Netherlands have largely been in finance, information technology, media, advertising, life sciences and the health sectors, the NFIA said.

That's okay then. We'll be limiting the influx of Polish plumbers and Norwegian nannies, so the engineers and managers whose job sailed on the Dutchman can find themselves things to do without those pesky foreigners' competition.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
The great Brexit business bonanza is here!
I mean not exactly here, but quite close. Only about 500 miles away.

Quote:
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Twice as many companies set up operations in the Netherlands in 2019 compared to a year earlier as Britain’s departure from the European Union neared, a Dutch government agency said on Wednesday.

“The trend has been a doubling each year of the number of companies coming to the Netherlands,” said Jeroen Nijland, commissioner at NFIA.

The 140 businesses are expected to create more than 4,200 jobs and 375 million euros (£311 million) in investments in coming years, the agency said.

Companies setting up in the Netherlands have largely been in finance, information technology, media, advertising, life sciences and the health sectors, the NFIA said.

That's okay then. We'll be limiting the influx of Polish plumbers and Norwegian nannies, so the engineers and managers whose job sailed on the Dutchman can find themselves things to do without those pesky foreigners' competition.

Why do you lie so much, and keep on lying?

"Last year, 78 businesses chose to open offices or move operations to the Benelux country, taking the total number since the British referendum in 2016 to 140, the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency said"

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at this new immigration system which will come in from 2021. Love them or hate them, the government are getting things done.

I remember Cameron promising 10 years ago to 'bring immigration down from the hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands. I didn't see how this was possible with free movement in the EU.

"We will no longer be forced to discriminate against a migrant from, say, New Zealand, over a Slovenian who enjoys an unambiguous right to come here."

Apparently you need 70 points to get in, with things such as
Speaking English - 10 points
Salary over £25k - 20 points
pHd - 10 points
pHd in Science/Technology/Engineering/Maths - 20 points

I don't know about the pHd bit, but on the plus side:
Diane Abbott, the Shadow Home Secretary, has already dismissed the Government's new policy by saying it is a meaningless soundbite and 'isn't an Australian points-based system'.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I've been looking at this new immigration system which will come in from 2021.

Apparently you need 70 points to get in

As far as I know, it depends on what they're coming here for. For a tier 1 visa, the requirements are considerably different from a tier 5 temporary work visa.

EDIT: Oh! I'm just reading guidance released today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-uks-points-based-immigration-system-policy-statement/the-uks-points-based-immigration-system-policy-statement#fn:1

Very interesting. Things really are changing.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 17:13 - 19 Feb 2020; edited 1 time in total

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:57 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I've been looking at this new immigration system which will come in from 2021. Love them or hate them, the government are getting things done.

That remains to be seen; so far they excel at getting things said, while things actually happening tend to turn out quite the opposite. The name, I believe, is "bait-and-switch".

Let's consider that 25k cutoff. This essentially closes the door to unskilled workers, and Johnson's base is happy. Now who will benefit?

Let's say I am a shop assistant on 15k, and compete for a job with Slobodan the Shop-assistant. The Dear Leader promised that Slobo will be barred from these shores, so here's my vote for His excellent Party!
Once Slobo isn't here, I go to Mr Deben-Lewis my employer, demanding I now get paid 20k. He gives me a rai... and I wake up.

Once I'm awake, Mr Deben-Lewis fires me and installs a computerised checkout machine. This is made in China by Ordinateurs Internazionale Aktiengesellschaft (their stock price rises well on the deal, from which Mr Deben-Lewis, being a shareholder, profits handsomely). People actually get jobs: Elena the Engineer who maintains it (Romanian, 30k salary so got a visa) and Stefan in Software (Swedish, 65k, works remotely in Uppsala and never spends a penny in UK). I cannot compete with them, for I don't know a first thing about them tools and computers.

I start to think that maybe having Slobo here wasn't such a bad idea... wait, no! Dear Leader explains that it was all the fault of the lefty fascists; I believe Him!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Let's consider that 25k cutoff. This essentially closes the door to unskilled workers, and Johnson's base is happy.

What £25k cutoff are you talking about, exactly?
Why exactly do you think the door closed to unskilled workers?

I think you're getting into the realms of fantasy here, Jones.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"From 1 January 2021, EU and non-EU citizens will be treated equally"

Khaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!! Those fcuking racist B@stards!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To think I come on here in my spare time to spout bullshit when I could be getting paid for it!

Totally in the wrong job... (which is to automate fuckwits out of work ironically Twisted Evil )

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 19 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
while things actually happening tend to turn out quite the opposite. The name, I believe, is "bait-and-switch".

Let's consider that 25k cutoff. This essentially closes the door to unskilled workers, and Johnson's base is happy. Now who will benefit?

Let's say I am a shop assistant on 15k, and compete for a job with Slobodan the Shop-assistant. The Dear Leader promised that Slobo will be barred from these shores, so here's my vote for His excellent Party!
Once Slobo isn't here, I go to Mr Deben-Lewis my employer, demanding I now get paid 20k. He gives me a rai... and I wake up.

Once I'm awake, Mr Deben-Lewis fires me and installs a computerised checkout machine. This is made in China by Ordinateurs Internazionale Aktiengesellschaft (their stock price rises well on the deal, from which Mr Deben-Lewis, being a shareholder, profits handsomely). People actually get jobs: Elena the Engineer who maintains it (Romanian, 30k salary so got a visa) and Stefan in Software (Swedish, 65k, works remotely in Uppsala and never spends a penny in UK). I cannot compete with them, for I don't know a first thing about them tools and computers.

I start to think that maybe having Slobo here wasn't such a bad idea... wait, no! Dear Leader explains that it was all the fault of the lefty fascists; I believe Him!

cdlxxvi what the fcuk was all that drivval?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 505, 506, 507 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 506 of 523