Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
M.C wrote:
So you've committed yourself to being upset about (the outcome of) a democratic referendum for years to come? Are you for real?
Perhaps you don't think the effects will last very long?

Eh? People who voted leave did it for the long term benefits, I thought that was obvious. The fact people are rage quitting this country already has been a bonus.

ScaredyCat wrote:
I take a stab that your comprehension skills are a bit shit. You've failed to read what I wrote. I wasn't talking about the general populace, I was talking specifically about the Tories - They have a divide in their party and have for some time, those who want out at any cost. The referendum was Cameron saying "Come on then" expecting zero contest.

My comprehension? Read the paragraph above the one you quoted Rolling Eyes Specifically it was a selfish political gamble by Cameron...

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

My comprehension? Read the paragraph above the one you quoted Rolling Eyes Specifically it was a selfish political gamble by Cameron...

And yet you still think that I was

M.C wrote:
arrogantly assuming the motives of those who voted to leave.

and that I believed they were

M.C wrote:
only elderly white racists

I didn't even mention them.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, if someone specifically refers to a point you then try to 'school' them on it looks well... you can guess.

ScaredyCat wrote:
all they really needed to do was wait a few years for most of them to die of old age.

Yeah gonna be waiting a while genius...
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/139/590x/secondary/prit-608912.jpg

ScaredyCat wrote:
those who want out at any cost.

No assumptions here, move along.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Dude, if someone specifically refers to a point you then try to 'school' them on it looks well... you can guess.

ScaredyCat wrote:
all they really needed to do was wait a few years for most of them to die of old age.

Yeah gonna be waiting a while genius...
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/139/590x/secondary/prit-608912.jpg

ScaredyCat wrote:
those who want out at any cost.

No assumptions here, move along.

Yes, in the Tory party. Do keep up.

Here it is again, since you doesn't seem to be able to find it.

Quote:
What started out as a way to shut up anti-europe Tories and prevent their party splitting has snowballed when all they really needed to do was wait a few years for most of them to die of old age.

There's historically been a handful of Tories who been have vehemently against the EU from the start (not a few years, decades). They are, old. It's a fact. They have been the driving force for it. They were the ones Cameron was 'offering out' to. The likes of Patel wouldn't have had the balls to force the issue ( and wouldn't have likely got anywhere if she did ).

Quote:

On 15 Jun 2016:
Priti Patel was absent for a vote on European Union Membership

On 14 Sep 2016:
Priti Patel was absent for a vote on UK Withdrawal from Membership of the European Union

Looks to me like she was hedging her bets.

Last edited by ScaredyCat on 23:22 - 07 Dec 2017; edited 2 times in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:19 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Yes, in the Tory party. Do keep up.

Wait is this your superior comprehension again? Do you not see the picture of the Tory politician? Very Happy

ScaredyCat wrote:
Here it is again, since you doesn't seem to be able to find it.

I quoted it in the post above yours, are you sure you can keep up?

ScaredyCat wrote:
There's historically been a handful of Tories who been have vehemently against the EU from the start (not a few years, decades).

One of the reasons Thatcher was ousted.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait do you mean Douglas Carswell, Mark Reckless, Penny Mordaunt (all in their 40s)? I guess the former two defecting had no bearing.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:17 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Oh wait do you mean Douglas Carswell, Mark Reckless, Penny Mordaunt (all in their 40s)? I guess the former two defecting had no bearing.

Tory MPs are a subset of the Tory party.

mpd72 wrote:
You called a "Federal State of Europe" an assumption and criticised me for it, ergo, you don't "assume" it will happen.

No. No I didn't. You may have interpreted it like that as you are wont. It's not what I said.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:55 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
It's not what I said.

Yes, you said.

Well, NO SURRENDER seems to have gone by the wayside. Even Al Beeb this morning seemed baffled as to what Appeaser Theresa has offered to the Norn Spudlanders and the few decent Tories still remaining in order to get the surrender process moving along.

They're quoting "full alignment" for Spudland, which to me sounds worse than "regulatory", but what do I know? I mean, other than the English language.

Arlene Foster was on growling about how she'd been given guarantees that the whole of the UK would be out of the EU, of the EEA and the Customs Union. Let's see how that plays out.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:15 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I particularly liked

Quote:
EU citizens in the UK "will be able to go on living as before".

Because I didn't realise we were going to slaughter them in the first place.

Here's the progress report...

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/joint_report.pdf

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:28 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rumour mill is grinding that they'll get 10 years of super-powers by us remaining subordinate to the ECJ.

It seems that Appeaser Theresa is going full fudge on it. Obfuscate any deal which May or May not have been done, in all meaningful ways stay signed up for at least another 5 or 10 years, and let someone else sort that mess out. Splendid politicking, round of applause. Clapping

Well, Guido (as usual) has the actual deal, so we can lulz at it together:

https://order-order.com/2017/12/08/deal-done-read-full/

Highlights:

Full family unification rights. Welfare and healthcare access for Elbonians. You can sod off back to Elbonia for 5 years, then put a foot briefly back in Blighty and retain all your benefits.

Yup, CJEU retains primacy. I can't see a time limit.

"the United Kingdom will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the all-island economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement"

How the actual fvck is that not ceding Norn Spudland to Brussels?

Then a part about how we're totally on the hook for paying for the EU even though we've left, because, you know, why not?

Well, that's a funny looking Brexit.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 09:39 - 08 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's this too..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eboirw39prb8a9n/brxy.jpg?raw=1

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:49 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I missed some shouting:

Correcting himself, Rogerborg wrote:
"the United Kingdom will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the all-island economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement"

How the actual fvck is that not ceding Norn Spudland the UK to Brussels?

What EU diktats could be clearly said to not concern themselves with "cooperation" between an In Spudland and an Out Norn Spudland, or the "all-island economy"?

Really, with what will the entire UK not have to align itself?

And since every decision will effect some EU nationals living in the UK, who has primacy over any legal wrangle?

Yup, you got it. Strasbourg.

Defenestration naow.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Wriggle for 18 months, cave completely.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:41 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, now that we're approaching the trade "negotiations" from a position of abject, humbled surrender and supine supplication, I'm sure we'll be able to secure an advantageous deal rather than taking whatever scraps we happen to be offered.

Certain of it.

Oh, and my man-crush on Steve Baker MP is officially over. He's chucked.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... is a bad deal is better than no deal?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
emboldening the idea that the tories are evil

I dunno, evil means direct and polar opposite to the values you hold.

They certainly hold an awful lot of direct and polar opposites to those many hold. I mean even the most ardent and hardest capitalists/tax me less types on here were against the tribunals now cost money.

They're literally portrayed as evil on social media, it's the left's way of dehumanising people to win the argument.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

looks like i hit the nail on the head ,you salty cunt

This country is fucking great, it would be even better, if miserable whinging cunts such as you, would stop sniping and trying to squander our resources to a 3rd party that wishes to centralize an entire continent to Brussels.

Most conservative people, such as myself are not tremendously bothered about the direction of the country, idiots such as you, that are forever trying to change for the sake of change will never be pleased, and your little strawman arguments as to why brexit happened amuse us the most, because you will never understand why people voted to leave.

You love the Eu soo much, yet you're here? why? i'll take a punt at it being the most economically convenient for you, which goes back to my initial point.

You're abit of a fucking parody remainer really, you're whinging about us being focused on money, yet that's the whole thing the remain campaign was built on, the real reason our political system is bent is because of the lack of focus on politicians and policy, of which branching it out to Brussels is supposed to make it even better, once sovereignty is restored, then we can start having a deep understanding of what we're part of, rather than doing as you do, and allowing anything to happen ''for the greater good''

Wow pure unadulterated drivel. Trying to give mpd a run for his money?

Shit for brains with nothing to say, you don't surprise me, carry on being a follower.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
Most conservative people, such as myself are not tremendously bothered about the direction of the country

Can you show me anything that suggests this, other than your opinion? I'm happy to concede the point if you can.

Rob Fzs wrote:
are forever trying to change for the sake of change

You're mistaken, the change is leaving. Staying is the status quo.

Rob Fzs wrote:
your little strawman arguments as to why brexit happened

Which ones?

Rob Fzs wrote:
you will never understand why people voted to leave.

I'm guessing it's because you're angry, but who knows. Give me some good reasons why you want to leave. Your reasons.

Rob Fzs wrote:
You love the Eu soo much

You're mistaken.

Rob Fzs wrote:
yet you're here? why?

Do you advocate running away?

Rob Fzs wrote:
i'll take a punt at it being the most economically convenient for you, which goes back to my initial point.

I've lived and worked in Europe for more than 10 years, there was more money there (weird stuff like 13 months of pay (not 12) 'holiday pay' which was an extra month etc) I simply wanted to come back to the UK and it had nothing to do with money at all.

Rob Fzs wrote:
You're abit of a fucking parody remainer really, you're whinging about us being focused on money, yet that's the whole thing the remain campaign was built on.

So, let's be clear. You don't like it when those who vote leave are all tarred with the same brush (racists/old farts/whatever) but you firmly believe that everyone who votes remain "did it for the money"? My position on the process has nothing to do with money.

Rob Fzs wrote:
the real reason our political system is bent is because of the lack of focus on politicians and policy, of which branching it out to Brussels is supposed to make it even better, once sovereignty is restored, then we can start having a deep understanding of what we're part of,

The real reason that our political system is broken is because politicians are self serving, dishonest blaggards with their own self interests at heart, not those of the country they are supposed to serve. And yes, before you ask, I'm talking about all parties; not just the Tories. Just look at the ridiculousness of our current parliament right now. We have a PM who can't sack anyone because she's too weak, trying to carry out negotiations that she is incapable of doing. Any negotiations need someone who is strong to lead them. May is weak and is surrounded by weak players because it's all she can find. She's not even 1/4 of Thatcher.

Rob Fzs wrote:
rather than doing as you do, and allowing anything to happen ''for the greater good''

Aren't you doing precisely that? This current government is making a pig's ear of everything they touch- standing by and watching them do their worst is "allowing anything to happen" for what you perceive to be "the greater good".

Moar strawman arguments.

I go off the polling of what people wanted to remain/ leave for, you portray the average brexiteer as the classic Kipper such as what Mdp is, it is quite handy for those of us that want to get on with brexit while your lot carry on re fighting teh referendum. Wink

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

Just look at what the likes of Schulz has come out with, Since when has the EU ever stood still? there is no status quo.

https://twitter.com/MartinSchulz/status/938748359720013824

The current government is doing a shit job, but whatever arrangement of leaving the Eu will always be a shit job, because of all the crap we have been signed up for, over the last 40 years, without asking the public may i add, there is no one politician in this Country who could pull parliament together to find a position everyone agrees with, Thatcher was frankly shit, i dunno why people keep going on about her either.

It amuses me now, that all this crap was not mentioned during the referendum, the mention of a divorce bill, the hundreds of laws we would have to rewrite, your lot trying to trick people in to still thinking it 'was just a trading bloc', and now the very same people are trying to change peoples minds by saying it's too difficult to leave, It's sad how they can swing from one position to another really.

What i would like to know, is how you would go about it?
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Last edited by Rob Fzs on 13:38 - 08 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
So... is a bad deal is better than no deal?

No deal is a fucking bad deal, it's mostly become a position because of remainers trying to reverse the vote.

If they shut their trap, got on with the EEA/ EFTA way, no deal would not even be spoken of.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:17 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To segue this into the anti-SJW thread, this is a prime example of what happens when you negotiate using feminine traits (avoid confrontation, seek compromise, accept any deal) versus masculine traits (screw you, then screw you up the Gary, then screw you in the ear).

The EU are going to metaphorically wipe their dick on the curtains when they're done with us. Perhaps literally if Drunkers get invited to Number 10 for another "working dinner".

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Moar strawman arguments.

They're not straw man arguments, they're questions.

Rob Fzs wrote:
you portray the average brexiteer as the classic Kipper such as what Mdp is,

No, I haven't talked about the average brexiter. I've talked about those in the tory party that were the drving force behind exiting.

Rob Fzs wrote:
https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

Interesting, but "it was never about immigration" doesn't seem true, going by that, and we do have control over our borders - we're not in the Schengen area, documentation is required. We also have the right to refuse entry to a citizen from an eu member state. We do have obligations under the UN convention on refugees.

Quote:
A majority of those working full-time or part-time voted to remain in the EU; most of those not working voted to leave.

Is interesting too. Disgruntled because no work or wont work so don't care?

Rob Fzs wrote:
The current government is doing a shit job, but whatever arrangement of leaving the Eu will always be a shit job, because of all the crap we have been signed up for, over the last 40 years, without asking the public may i add, there is no one politician in this Country who could pull parliament together to find a position everyone agrees with

Well there's one thing we can agree on. 40 years of intertwining with the EU can't be undone in a couple of years.

Rob Fzs wrote:
Thatcher was frankly shit, i dunno why people keep going on about her either.

She wasn't weak and pathetic like May. May is the Gordon Brown of the Tory party. In by default, despite all of her failings. May and her government make statements about how things are going to be like the have full control. They don't. The have to take two steps back. They're weak. Cameron was a coward who ran away from his responsibilities.

Rob Fzs wrote:
It amuses

That's good, because you seem inordinately angry.

Rob Fzs wrote:
that all this crap was not mentioned during the referendum, the mention of a divorce bill, the hundreds of laws we would have to rewrite, your lot trying to trick people in to still thinking it 'was just a trading bloc', and now the very same people are trying to change peoples minds by saying it's too difficult to leave, It's sad how they can swing from one position to another really.

The whole thing was a sham. I suspect it's because both sides thought we'd still be in, nobody thought beyond the referendum or how much spaghetti there was. Not only that but neither side appeared to look at what was required if we left. There are people still saying we don't have to pay, if we don't we're shitting on ourselves because it'll affect our trustworthyness in any deals we do with other countires. There's so much bluster and not enough actual fact. Nothing has been done since, and 18 months later May folds and does what the EU wanted in the first place.

You use 'your lot', they're not my lot the only similarity is that we both wanted to remain they don't represent me or my reasons. As I've said before, and prehaps you didn't notice the irony, you've repeated here that you don't like being tarred with the same brush as a:

Rob Fzs wrote:
"classic Kipper such as what Mdp is"

but you're more than willing to do the same in the other direction.

Rob Fzs wrote:

I very much doubt that you're interested in this at all.

Rob Fzs wrote:
If they shut their trap

Isn't one of your "this country is great because" arguments free speech? Or do you only like it when it agrees with you?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:16 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

I very much doubt that you're interested in this at all.

We'll never know unless you tell us.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:53 - 08 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
We'll never know unless you tell us.

How about I actually get some good answers to my questions before I answer the questions used to deflect away from the fact that mine weren't answered, first?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 83 of 523