Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Talk about one sided. You really have fallen for project fear haven't you? All of your downsides are completely false propaganda.

Dude.. what propaganda?.. The majority decided to leave.. that's what we are going to do no matter what. To late to change people's minds.

mpd72 wrote:

The GBP V Euro argument is false. The pound has been lower against the Euro than it is now, in 7 our of the last 10 years, before any talk of a referendum.

I remember how much I was paying for Euro in 2015 (when I was going on holiday) and how much I am paying now.. roughly I was 15-20% better off back then. So if you are trying your own propaganda then at least get the facts right. I don't care what GBP vs Euro was back in 2008 during financial crisis. I care what's happening recently.

mpd72 wrote:

Prior to 1992, there was no freedom of movement. How do you think we coped back then? We didn't start working and living in Europe in the early '90's.

Sure thing you can go on holiday, but you will no longer be able to stay longer than agreed period of time without Visa. You will need o apply for visa if you want to work. Same like when you work in Australia.. I never said it was going to be impossible.. I think you have problem with reading with understanding. That's a basic skill to have a conversation.

mpd72 wrote:

The UK currently has record foreign investment.

Source? And we haven't left the EU yet just so you know.

mpd72 wrote:

Banks are not fleeing. How will they deal in Stirling if they do?

Source?

mpd72 wrote:

The UK is the biggest buyer of new cars in the whole of Europe. Manufacturers will need to move production here unless they want to pay tariffs or lose their biggest market. Many manufacturers have moved production to the UK, not from it.

And export it to the EU from here? Please don't make me laugh.

mpd72 wrote:

Leaving the EU does not mean a total ban on EU immigration, it means we get control back on numbers and quality.

Fair enough.

mpd72 wrote:

Just out of interest, where did you get all these false ideas from?

Which ones? Unless you back it up with something showing they are false.. As it is now it's your opinion vs my opinion.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musketeer wrote:
IMHO we shot ourselves in the foot with all this Brexit. But at this point there is nothing I can do to stop it so I just watch what happens next Pass the popcorn

What a mature attitude, I salute you sir...

Musketeer wrote:
My job is fairly safe (public sector - NHS) but I worry about consequences of 'our' vote.

I've already noticed that we are poorer while booking family holiday in the EU (GBP vs EUR).

Future of my children is affected by this vote, they won't have freedom of moving and working/studying in the EU without difficulties (Visas, permits etc.)

Private sector surely will shrink now all the investors will be looking to pour their money somewhere in the EU rather than the UK.
There will be no reason for international banks to operate from London so I expect lots of job losses there.
Car manufacturers, they not gonna invest into tiny 60 mln people market, they will most likely move to 700 mln EU, again job losses.

Sorry to say but the days of British Empire are over. We don't mean very much in foreign affairs alone. People will talk to EU first then to us, it's just obvious.

But look at the bright side.. no EU people will come here and take our jobs.. we should build a wall on top of the Dover cliffs too.

...oh you're going to endlessly baww about it like every other remoaner.

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

What a mature attitude, I salute you sir...

What attitude do you suggest then? There is nothing I can do to stop Brexit.

M.C wrote:

...oh you're going to endlessly baww about it like every other remoaner.

I'm just sharing my opinion like everyone else. This is what this thread is about? Or is this thread only for Brexit supporters? (I didn't read 100 previous pages of this thread) In this case I'm sorry I posted. I didn't mean to upset.

Brexit is happening no matter what we think.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musketeer wrote:
I'm just sharing my opinion like everyone else.

You shared it on June 23rd 2016.

Musketeer wrote:
This is what this thread is about? Or is this thread only for Brexit supporters?

It was to debate the EU referendum... before the vote. All the moaning since serves no purpose but to make us look divided and weaken our bargaining position with the EU, which's what some individuals actually want (a bad deal), which's somewhat disturbing if you think about it.

Musketeer wrote:
Brexit is happening no matter what we think.

Hence I was being sincere when I said that was a mature attitude. There was a democratic vote, people like Mr Blair who want to stop Brexit are anti-democratic (as he proved when he was in power).

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still we don't live in North Korea to have the same opinion.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
Unless your kids are proper thickos', they wont have any trouble living and working in the EU, more people i went to school with have gone over to work in Aus /NZ than eu countries, yet they;'re not in the EU are they?

There is a very common trope in Sci Fi and real life too.

It's where all the best and brightest people leave, in Sci Fi it was often away from earth on star ships. In real life it was people crossing the border away from the communists. In the UK there is a microcosm of this where people leave their home regions to go work in London.

When they leave they shift the bell curve to the left.

The bell curve can represent many things. Intelligence, health or even the amount of tax you pay.

As a result what is left behind declines as more people leave this shifts the bell curve to the left again.

Presently the UK is brain draining other nations. Some of those who come might be Doctors, scientists etc come work in the UK. Though this is changing with doctors and a cancer researcher being denied this week.

The US does this with everywhere. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK0Y9j_CGgM ).

So sure his non thicko sons/daughters may well be able to leave but who or what is going to be left behind?

I mean 2030 a country filled with millions of Mpd types... who all have the vote. Or a nation where there are no net tax payers only takers.

We still have net migration of over 200k a year, policy changes will occur when this starts to drop and issues really do cause the shit to hit the fan, someones always willing to move in, when all the poles came here, back home their places were taken by the Ukrainians and North Koreans , we've got that mass wave of migration from Africa to come next when climate change pushes them round abit.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting info.

I don't watch TV so I must admit I don't know what Blair did or said recently. My opinion is my own.

I didn't post here to have an argument.. so you guys win I'll just leave it at that.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:03 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musketeer wrote:
I don't watch TV so I must admit I don't know what Blair did or said recently.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=blair+brexit

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:32 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
We still have net migration of over 200k a year

500,000 a year based on passports in vs passports out, which tallies with the amount of new NI number issues each year.

And that's for legal entry of non-EU citizens.

My contact in the housing sector informs me that the majority of the urban properties to which he gains entry for non-payment of... well, anything... are wall to wall with mattresses, and you can cut the strengthening stench of diversity with the knives under every inflatable pillow.

You know how Harry Potter slept in a cupboard under the stairs?

As a sole occupant. Luxury! White privilege!

I'd be surprised if the real number is under a million a year.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile I really enjoy British politics at the moment.

There are leaving stand up comedians literally unemployed.

Here my summary of the latest Corbyn marketing strategy to win more votes in the local election (BTW I voted lib-dem).

He must work a lot on his marketing skills:

https://i.imgur.com/wozNhV0.jpg

Last edited by Val on 19:02 - 04 May 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:48 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess who is to blame for the labour losses in the local elections?

Wait for it... the jews! The protest too much. You have been warned.

https://i.imgur.com/afIIzjQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/3vjmOwx.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musketeer wrote:
I didn't post here to have an argument...

Are you new to the politics section? Razz

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
500,000 a year based on passports in vs passports out,

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Research--Policy/Statistics/International-student-statistics-UK-higher-education

450,660 in 2016/17 were non UK students.

Poking around at my old Alma mater.

Foundation year students pay £17000-19000 for their foundation years
Non foundation students pay £22,000 per year.

So a student on a 3 year undergrad will put £66,000 into the UK or £83,000 into the UK over a 4 year period... not including their living costs. That's nearly £30bn.

So Mr Borgy which services would you like to be cut or your taxes increased (by 5.3p in every pound). To cover this?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Wait for it... the jews!

This actually raises a funny point.

There are

260,000 Jews in the UK.

254000 Chinese in the UK.

420,196 Sikh people in the UK

Yet one of these groups appears to wield significantly more influence over the other groups.

Maybe it's time to go all

https://d24fkeqntp1r7r.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/09043531/Communism.jpeg

And deny all those who have any sort of religious affiliation from politics entirely! Thinking
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:49 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
So a student

An EU student, or a China-China-China student? How Brexitracist do I need to be here to answer this question?

It's gratifying to hear that they all pay cash, up front. Because of course that's what happens. There are no reparations bursaries for Tiger Lily. There are no deferred fees which are - of course - all settled up, in full, before graduation.

What are the costs to the UK for 450,660 Tiger Lilies signing up for places on UK courses - and which a significant proportion actually attend and complete in person, or by proxy, before sodding off back to China-China-China, if they ever left it in the first place - to the exclusion of UK students, doing UK courses, in order to use their UK provided knowledge in the UK for the benefit of the UK?

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Musketeer wrote:
I didn't post here to have an argument...

Are you new to the politics section? Razz

If I wanted to get into argument about politics I would go to a forum for that, not a bike forum lol

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
non UK students.

Student visas are known for being one of the main ways to get into the UK, when you have no intention of leaving.

Itchy wrote:
There are

260,000 Jews in the UK.

254000 Chinese in the UK.

420,196 Sikh people in the UK

Yet one of these groups appears to wield significantly more influence over the other groups.

That's what happens when you're successful and build influence Wink

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Student visas were known for being one of the main ways to get into the UK, when you have no intention of leaving.

FTFY

So you're familiar with UK student visas right?

To get a non EU student visa you need £12,180 per year in your bank account to cover your living costs.

AND you need to pay non subsidised student fees of £20000+/-.

So you're trying to tell me somebody is going to have £32,000 in their bank account at the very least to come work as an undocumented migrant.

Seeing that marriage is no longer a route to UK citizenship (hasn't been for a while).

Jus Solis of children is not a route to citizenship either.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The split is as follows:

Total non-UK EU 138,000

Total non-EU 312,660

Rogerborg wrote:
to the exclusion of UK students, doing UK courses,

It's not an if/or situation. Universities can expand their facilities and provision except for medicine.

So like I said that 5p on income tax... on top of the Scotch higher income tax levvies.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:34 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
We still have net migration of over 200k a year,

Which raises the question what is a suitable number?

This bearing in mind there are 70,000NHS vacancies with an 8 year lead time for new doctors and 4 years for nurses. And visas are being denied for them. This is also bearing in mind that there is a quota of 20700 visas each year and that the minimum salary to get these visas rises whenever the 20700 is exceeded.

Sometime earlier in the year this minimum salary went all the way to £50,000 this is the top 5% of earners. To earn £50K you need to be something special.

Yet these people are not wanted. So what's that thing about skilled immigration is OK?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 04 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
So you're trying to tell me somebody is going to have £32,000 in their bank account at the very least to come work as an undocumented migrant.

Yes... unless the ones I've talked to were lying about what a bitch it was to get the money and weren't working alongside me?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Yes... unless the ones I've talked to were lying about what a bitch it was to get the money and weren't working alongside me?

And you've not reported them because?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 359 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 107 of 523