Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
What is the AKM challenge?

AKM - modernizírovanny Avtomát Kaláshnikova, Modernized Kalashnikov Automatic Rifle. It is the stamped steel version of the AK47 to reduce weight and production costs.

It still shoots the rather deadly 7.62x39mm cartridge.

The challenge is I will fly you out to Cambodia or Vietnam on a first class flight. I will then shoot you with it. To prevent you from chickening out I demand you hand over your house deeds before I book the flight.

For each bullet you survive I will give you £25,000.

It's the ultimate test of faith vs reality.

Why is this relevant? Because it has excellent parallels. You say it will be great. I say how you don't provide any detail other than just believe or something that ignores real constraints.

I mean look at the example above who is going to be buying Qashqai. Sure EU buyers may continue to buy them but with the CET it's now 10% (or more) more expensive. Add in the JIT delays it may be even more expensive.

£22000? the buyers may not have +10-20% and may choose to buy something else.

Does everybody on BCF ride a BMW S1000R or Ducati? Nope... maybe they don't want them maybe they can't afford them (a constraint based on reality, belief doesn't alter this constraint).
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 04 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? I'll take a flesh wound for £30k, but I want to fly to Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:42 - 19 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will happen next eh?

Remind me why exactly the UK is doing Brexit?

Spolier alert the main "valid immigration concerns" reasons for Brexit were a barefaced lies.

The only Brexit reasons left are - a bit racism and xenophobia.

UK's Migration Advisory Committee's findings about EU migrants:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migration-advisory-committee-mac-report-eea-migration

1. Pay more in taxes, also way more then average UK-born taxpayer £78000 in total.
2. Help NHS not strain it.
3. No impact on wages/employment.
4. No impact on crime.
5. No impact on schools.

Despite the above MAC recommends removing all EU rights?

Despite that means removing UK rights in EU too! There are 1.5m brits in EU.

Good news: Brextremists are literally a dying breed.

It's this simple: even if the UK does leave EU March 2019, we will join EU back in July 2019 despite the mean and embittered old cowards who feared the modern 21st century world and tried to drag the country backwards in 1870.

Analyse this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-leave-eu-remain-vote-support-against-poll-uk-europe-final-say-yougov-second-referendum-peter-a8541971.html

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:06 - 19 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the above MAC recommends removing all EU rights

Means if they really do add value they'll score highly on a points system and enter the UK anyway, but they'll be competing with ROW. Seems fair.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 19 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's odd, isn't it, that some "remainers" are certainly among the most vilely bile-ridden, spiteful, hating, execrable people this country has the misfortune to have ever nurtured, while they maliciously work so hard to harm the UK's prospects, so that they are at least as bad as those they so violently harangue.

Ho hum.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Quote:
the above MAC recommends removing all EU rights

Means if they really do add value they'll score highly on a points system and enter the UK anyway, but they'll be competing with ROW. Seems fair.

Not if you are one of the 1.5m brits working in the EU.

You do know removing EU rights of work, live, retire and study is removing your righst too do you?

EU Freedom of movement rights is the best and the most comprehensive and sophisticated rights system implemented in the world ever. It affects family members too.

EU rights are way much better then the UK citizens right have at the moment. For example if you marry EU spouse is much more easier to bring it ti the UK or to go live abroad with him/her.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:57 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If an immigrant with no contacts, no network, who's never lived here and doesn't speak the language as a first language can get a job over you then you are the problem. Businesses, companies and corporations are not charities They will seek those who can make them the most profit at the lowest cost. This means while they may market themselves as patriots their profits and their interests are most important to them.

While there is an element of "I won't do that job its beneath me" A huge generalisation certainly. Yet how is it in many places all of the lower end staff in terms of pay scale for example the people who clean and bring tea etc were all non native... I mean surely there must be a British person who can work a tea pot or use a mop right?

I certainly did an whole load of awful jobs in my youth the scars have faded and I've moved on.

While there can also be an argument of lower costs because they share homes etc or even arbitrage. Doesn't this mean that they are simply pricing themselves out? Funny thing is this thinking sort of works with moving plants and factories away too because it's more profitable or costs less to do it elsewhere.

Ok so those kinds of people are stopped and prevented from working in the UK.

Yet hold on isn't this protectionism? Isn't that a funny paradox where you are anti and pro protectionism at the same time?

One could think that one is protesting neoliberalism / globalisation by voting for neoliberalism / globalisation which makes no real sense.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:20 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats easier to recover from, bad deal or no deal?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so funny to see the anti-corporate commies protesting in favour of corrupt institutions like the EU which preserve corporate power over the proletariat.

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Whats easier to recover from, bad deal or no deal?

From previous experience, bad deal. Remember the EU operates a ratchet clause, so once it gets powers it never gives them back.

A key point though: no deal will NEVER happen. A "big deal" might not by the deadline, but there will be a minimum deal that covers basic stuff like travel, citizens rights, property, etc etc. Remember, both sides are states and derive their power from the law so neither will allow anarchy and lawlessness, and a minimal deal will be implemented to prevent those occurring. But this is a negotiation so you never talk about that deal as it weakens your hand.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:57 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
UK's Migration Advisory Committee's findings about EU migrants:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migration-advisory-committee-mac-report-eea-migration

1. Pay more in taxes, also way more then average UK-born taxpayer £78000 in total.
2. Help NHS not strain it.
3. No impact on wages/employment.
4. No impact on crime.
5. No impact on schools.

Laughing

As there's over 500 pages, I'm sure there's a lot more to it than your 31 word summary. Wink

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentioned this in the other post, Val still spouting bullshit lol...
Copy pasta...

Europeans don't impact Crime and Violence?
don't impact schools what so ever....

And that's about a minute of google Rolling Eyes.

Itchy wrote:
If an immigrant with no contacts, no network, who's never lived here and doesn't speak the language as a first language can get a job over you the... ... stuff about jobs.

Firstly, protectionism against goods is one thing but protectionism against cheap labour is something completely different and its disingenuous to deliberately confuse the two in order to besmirch the latter...

On the subject of cheap labour (Anecdotal I know) but go check out a Costa coffee store.

I worked in Costa through college/uni in Cambridgeshire and around 2007-2008 I started seeing more Eastern Europeans employed on the floor.

When I started working at Luton Airport Costa through uni so figured the almost exclusive Eastern European staff was due to it being a Uni city having a lot of foreign students?

By the time I returned from Uni (2012), I went straight back to my old store to see about some work to tide me by until I found some more relevant work.

The entire store was run by Eastern Europeans, me becoming the only non Eastern European in the store. The Manager proclaimed they would never have even considered me if I hadn't mentioned my 5 years of experience to the assistant manager who I approached in store.

Let me re-iterate that...

They would not even consider interviewing an English person (without 5 years experience) let alone employing them.

Whilst I worked there plenty of English kids handed in CV's etc but I never saw one interviewed.

We also had a regional manager take over (sent out to improve poor performing stores) for a few months, again an Eastern European who firmly disliked English people... Never saw her interviewing a non Eastern European.

It's fair enough to generalise that Europeans who have grown up in poorer nations, through harder times and may have stronger work ethic but when that translates outright discrimination in the work place here in the UK?

When our kids aren't even going to get an interview because they are British... in Britain? I heard/saw similar things happening at Tesco's and a few other places around here at the time.

We could be considered softer due to higher living standards but we are now in competition with those coming from lower living standards?
If labour protectionism means not lowering our living standards to compete then is it such a bad thing? Should we be adjusting our living standards to that the of lowest nation that has access to our markets Rolling Eyes

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:39 - 21 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
Firstly, protectionism against goods is one thing but protectionism against cheap labour is something completely different and its disingenuous to deliberately confuse the two in order to besmirch the latter...

It is not so clear cut.

Primarily because goods and even raw materials will contain an element of labour in them. If you buy I dunno a Turkish Ford car then the labour input it Turkish cheap labour.

skatefreak wrote:
Tesco's and a few other places around here at the time..

So why do you keep voting for it then?

No I do not mean through the ballot box.

I mean through your wallet collectively.

If you have noticed that companies are hiring lots of European labour then others will have done so too...

Then you can boycott them.

A big example of the past was Coca Cola they nearly destroyed themselves over new Coke.

We see this in consumer choices in Europe If you go to Germany you notice lots of BMWs. France, Renault and Citeron etc.

I still haven't forgiven a super market with M and sons in the name when I found an eyeball and toe nail in my pie Sick. I'm not going to shop there again. In Asia it's an art with Koreans not buying Japanese goods. The Lotte boycott etc.

If enough people feel the same way then they will alter their policies as it will hit their bottom line and you can bet they will alter their policies or maybe even go bankrupt.

Yet if people keep on patronising such companies then either they can't see the externalities (that being the natives being unemployed) or they don't care.

It works too. Doc Martens left the UK and opened plants in China and Thailand. Their sales dropped off a cliff until they re-opened a UK plant. Same thing with British wheat in bread (I don't eat bread).

BCF before you time boycott a motorcycle shop that sold a ringer bike and thus their reputation from the BCF crowd went into the dirt.

skatefreak wrote:
We could be considered softer due to higher living standards but we are now in competition with those coming from lower living standards?

The problem is it has always been this way and until some sort of Star Trek utopia comes about where companies and individuals no longer seek profits or somebody does some boycotting it will remain this way.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:18 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
Mentioned this in the other post, Val still spouting bullshit lol...
Copy pasta...

Europeans don't impact Crime and Violence?

?? The UK has always had high criminality[1] Europeans or no Europeans.

Historical crime data.

11.7million people have criminal records[1]

33 per cent of males born in 1953 had been convicted in England and Wales by 2006[2]

In fact this is why the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 + 1975 amendments + 2014 Amendments were needed as there is wide spread prejudice against hiring ex-cons.

[1]https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/historical-crime-data

[2]https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/423289/response/1060100/attach/3/44921%20Stacey%20Internal%20Review.pdf

[3]https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/217474/criminal-histories-bulletin.pdf

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

That is such an unbelievable figure, I thought I'd read your evidence for it. The link you provided to back that up, says nothing of the sort.
You're just making stuff up to suit your anti UK agenda again aren't you?

Show me where is says that... The document has no 1953 or 33% anywhere in it.

You don't even need to make stuff up. All you need to do is to find the statistics that back your point of view. You can guarantee someone will have published something that will, no matter what that point of view is. This is why all this speculation about post-Brexit is bollocks. No one knows what it will look like. One reason for that is, it won't be a case of, "right, now we're out, this is what things will look like." More a case of an ever-changing, ever-evolving scenario. The world won't stand still because of Brexit, and the UK won't stand still as it finds its own way after we actually leave the EU.

So the more anyone posts about it, the more they are wasting their breath. Apparently, Itchy and Val have very healthy lungs Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Itchy wrote:
33 per cent of males born in 1953 had been convicted in England and Wales by 2006[2]

That is such an unbelievable figure, I thought I'd read your evidence for it.

"Driving offences". I can't see why you bother, the game's not worth the candle. You might ask her to break that down by various population partitions if you wanted. Age, sex, etc, etc, but IIWY I'd forget about it, debating someone's non-argument is a worthless endeavour.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:19 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
That is such an unbelievable figure, I thought I'd read your evidence for it. The link you provided to back that up, says nothing of the sort.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
You're just making stuff up to suit your anti UK agenda again aren't you?

Show me where is says that... The document has no 1953 or 33% anywhere in it.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/217474/criminal-histories-bulletin.pdf

Page 2

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/001.png

What we can also do is some maths.

With 64 million people. Lets say 50% are men.
That gives 32 million.

What is 32 / 3 = 10.6.

The number quoted here is

I am able to confirm that as of the 18th September 2017, the number of nominal records on PNC was 12,263,877 of which the number of records containing a criminal record element was 11,166,266.

So about 33% Laughing

If you read the proper link, it lists many driving offences as a countable conviction, so it;s not quite as glamorous as you make out.

Quote:
Offences covered 15. The Offenders Index covers data from 1963 for ‘standard list’ offences resulting in a
conviction at a court in England or Wales. Standard list offences are all indictable and
triable-either-way offences plus a range of the more serious summary offences such
assault, criminal damage (£5,000 or less) and driving without insurance. There have
been changes in the 'standard list' over time and when analysing the cohorts it is
necessary to take these into account. The most recent changes took place in 1995 and
1996, when several offences (including all categories of common assault, driving whilst
disqualified, driving with excess alcohol, and dangerous driving) were added to the
‘standard list’. The inclusion of these offences increased the overall number of standard
list offences recorded in 1996 by close to 100,000 offences to 450,000

They are still criminal offences though aren't they?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Itchy

Quote:
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Sound familiar? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
@Itchy

Sound familiar? Laughing

Yep. I've created plenty thanks.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
@Itchy

Sound familiar? Laughing

Yep. I've created plenty thanks.

Finished now? Razz

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:57 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

You're doing your usual, ignoring fact and using misleading figures to backup your agenda.

The PCN crime figures include foreign nationals. How many? There are currently 12% of the prison population who are foreign nationals. This figure is proportionally higher than the 9% of the population figure, which they represent.

The crimes your sensationalised shock figure is based on, includes driving offences. Something you failed to mention.

And this is why I quoted the 100 years crime stats

Lets take 1990

4,543,611 recorded crimes. All black people, Muslims and Indians right?

The list of crimes is enormous.

But lets discount the driving offences I can find.

Death by drink driving 419
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 155 of 523