Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Swiss are prepared to vote again and again to make sure that parliament correctly interprets their will.

Laughing Laughing Thinking Rolling Eyes Hand
No, vote again. And again. And again. Well ok then!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

B5234FT
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 00:25 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
B5234FT wrote:

Ok, so you're accusing me of lumping all leavers into one group and then discriminating against them (which I havent done, and STILL isnt racism in any way) by lumping all remainers in one group, assuming I belong to them and then discriminating against them? I might think you're an idiot, but it's nothing to do with your race or vote, it's becase you cant discuss anything with any thread of logic.

I'm far from leftist, but again with the stereotyping and discrimination from you.

You seem to be projecting your own character traits onto others and then villifying them for it

Now is the time for you to apologise for what you have done. There is no place for your kind of racism and classism in today's society.

You still haven't explained coherently what I've done in-between ranting so I'm still none the wiser what I'm meant to have done that's offended you so much!
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read a thing between earlier tonight and coming back from the pub, and believe you me, this is difficult to type.....

Can I just say as an ordinary pissed-up man, that your love for YL will come back and bite you because he really isn't the messiah. He is a very naughty boy.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:20 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you. You are my best mate

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:10 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say. I took it repeatedly from a polish bloke with a 3' dong and the only sensation I felt was loss of dignity. I then spent 2 hours lecturing the throng about contraception and to be wary of pipe to pipe bushmen.

You really should come back up north to vent your spleen.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:58 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project fear is being ramped up prior to a 'peoples vote'

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/thames-water-confirms-talks-with-government-amid-brexit-threat-to-clean-water-11364316003872

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:55 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Almost as ridiculous as a story the other day about not being able to afford to flush the toilet because water was sooo expensive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thick head on today and I need educating.

I'm asking: Just who is the w*nker at the top pushing this fear campaign? Is it Blair??

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Diggs wrote:
What can I say. I took it repeatedly from a polish bloke with a 3' dong and the only sensation I felt was loss of dignity. I then spent 2 hours lecturing the throng about contraception and to be wary of pipe to pipe bushmen.

You really should come back up north to vent your spleen.

I'm on my way now to meet a few thousand Yorkshiremen to watch 22 people of all creeds and races kick an inflated sack about.

We're all bringing balloons to go with the song "Nitrous Oxide, your avving a laugh"! Wink

Bet they all have the same surname, you inbred fuck.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:

I'm asking: Just who is the w*nker at the top pushing this fear campaign? Is it Blair??

Everyone with their nose in the EU trough?

And Blair has a big trough to guzzle from so you might be right.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason I ask is because I listen to LBC when tootling about. Brexit is big news and whenever they have 'callers' phoning in then the majority of the 'The end is nigh' folk actually put grammar together just like Blair does. You can actually hear particular sentences which ring just like Blairs reasoning.
I'm well aware that political campaigns place 'seeds' into audiences and this is no different.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourte wrote:
I'm well aware that political campaigns place 'seeds' into audiences and this is no different.

You might not actually believe how deep manipulation and propaganda actually goes, or maybe you do but idk.

What I am curious about is your level of actual skepticism and as such here is a nice little counter prop disseminating some of the leave campaigns tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYonSZ8s3_o

Will trigger the fuck outa some in here no doubt but fuck it Mr. Green

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:52 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the whole propaganda thing fascinating, and it constantly amazes me why people don't question much of what they are fed, whichever side of the Brexit fence they are on.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I find the whole propaganda thing fascinating, and it constantly amazes me why people don't question much of what they are fed, whichever side of the Brexit fence they are on.

We are not equipped and this is not attacking anyone in particular and ignores the natural variability inherent in peoples actual ability.

We have a tiered education system where the majority are taught to do and a few are taught to think. People can be manipulated and persuaded far more easily when they are not aware of it. For muggles like us, and that is what we are in here, you actually have to try to read and learn about this kinda stuff after the fact which is to be fair difficult and time-consuming and "not fun".

This is probably why I don't really attack people, it is not our fault.

If anyone is actually curious about some of this "kinda stuff", this is a good place to start https://criticalthinkeracademy.com/courses/moral-arguments/lectures/655333

Last edited by Sload on 12:24 - 08 Dec 2018; edited 3 times in total

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is she sunk then? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlR-vF68Vyw

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was sunk from the minute she came up with the deal. No one likes it. I'm pro brexit but I'd rather be in the EU than out with that deal. (if you can even call it 'out').

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:27 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard Brexit. Wub

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Hard Brexit. Wub

I would bet a pound to a piece of poo that 'they' Pale will never let that happen.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:38 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which will make Brexit Harder.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
People can be manipulated and persuaded far more easily when they are not aware of it.

I agree with what you wrote except for that bit. None of it is subtle anymore, and people aren't that f'ing stupid. Do you remember the 45 minute Iraq attack headlines? Most people were still against the war in Iraq, even half of Blair's government.

I realise there are total mouthbreathers out there who will believe any bit of social media fake news regardless of the source, but I don't think the average man in the street is that stupid.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 08 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It's a waste of time producing such propaganda as it doesn't match the reality on the ground. Remain love to bang on about Brexit making people poorer but most leave voters already feel very poor and have no feeling that it will get any better. Predictions of more poverty are not going to sway such a person. Claims of future prosperity within the EU will not either as it was during the decades of membership that they were poor and the Golden Triangle got richer.

Fourte wrote:

It's about 5% of the population. The top is a media, political and rich elite, mostly very wealthy and well connected. The majority live in the Golden Triangle and are scared that Brexit will weaken their power and wealth. Gina Miller, judges, executives, socialites and so on. These people have real wealth and a really nice position so they have a lot to lose and its in the hands of the lesser people too.

Diggs wrote:

I don't watch TV so when I see it the weirdness of it really pops out, like MPD's 2 or 3 raced family's or the way the man is always portrayed as incompetent, or the way the media reluctantly listens to the Brexit debate before going back to the "correct answer" [Remain].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 210 of 523