Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 226, 227, 228 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:19 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nonsense I do not care about

I do not care about that, it is a pants argument when trying to get to an accurate representation of reality. If you think trying to get a grasp on reality is divorced from passions and selling out to "LoGiC" then you are lost my dude, you can't see the wood for the trees.

My feelz are getting slowly frayed dealing with incessant believers in articles of faith like it is a religion and I had best not dein to dare challenge the sacred cows. "waggles finger". I now have family reposting obvious propoganda that takes literally seconds to debunk. This isn't funny anymore and conspiracy theorists can get BTFO tbh.

But now you know my feelz, it still doesn't change reality lol.

Reality is reality, except for when it hurts my feelings.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I touch a nerve? Laughing See, you can be human Wink

Sload wrote:

Reality is reality, except for when it hurts my feelings.

Reality is just what each of us perceive it to be.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Last edited by chickenstrip on 11:45 - 16 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:35 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
trying to get to an accurate representation of reality. If you think trying to get a grasp on reality

Where is a quantum particle before you look at it? Even nature doesn't allow you to know "reality" at all times and in all places. You can have one infinitesimal instant, and that's it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no, just a gradual grating. My "display" of humanity was to appease a point.

chickenstrip wrote:
Where is a quantum particle before you look at it? Even nature doesn't allow you to know "reality" at all times and in all places. You can have one infinitesimal instant, and that's it.

Go and kick a biologically male copper in the nuts and then explain you didn't think he had any, or you could never have predicted his reaction cos quantum particles n shieeeet Rolling Eyes We are into the absurdia again.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:55 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Go and kick a biologically male copper in the nuts and then explain you didn't think he had any, or you could never have predicted his reaction cos quantum particles n shieeeet Rolling Eyes We are into the absurdia again.

Ok, your nerves are very tender today, I'll stop now Smile

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:56 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Why, we a producing quite a display for the spectators now Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Why, we a producing quite a display for the spectators now Wink

Really? Ok, so tell us more about this "critical thinking" jag you're on at the moment, you know you want to Wink

No, look, I'm really going to stop now Laughing

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
No, look, I'm really going to stop now Laughing

Why? Please go on. I remember you inferring the thought of trying to educate yourself just a little bit to be better was not for you, I can really see why at this point so cheers Laughing

And this for anyone still daft enough to be curious watching this train wreck of a thread that isn't soft in the head, this is why you keep people on point. You give them a tiny little bit and the average conspiracy believer type will fly off point as soon as they see a gap and you end up off piste again into nonsense with a couple of their fellow l00ns feeling vindicated.

I will agree that yes, this is funny Strip, congrats Mr. Green.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/download_147.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Fourte wrote:
Looks like those manufacturers are keen to stay in the UK (relocating and setting up a new plant? That'd be crazy!). From what I'm seeing, if their just in time delivery routes are interrupted by Brexit then they'll invest that lesser amount (compared to a whole assembly plant relocation) in fixing the issue at hand. Basically their wallets are slightly open and ready to invest.

Keen to stay based on what premise? What are you seeing?

Could you explain how you get to your interpretation from the information out there?

https://tinyurl.com/y7ayz2sv

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
There are many reasons why Nissan chose to be in Sunderland. Leaving the EU carries risks but the EU isn't the 'be all and the end all' of prosperity.
https://businesscasestudies.co.uk/nissan/planning-for-quality-and-productivity/why-locate-in-sunderland.html

You ignored that, rated Fourte's response as 'Funny', then continued to post project fear material. If you don't want answers don't ask for them, it just makes you look like another wind-up merchant.

It strikes me that if both imports and exports of cars have a 10% tariff on them, disadvantaging all, it will be a short negotiation to fix it. That's the kind of thing the negotiations should have covered over the past two years. Instead both sides have wasted that time saying, "You're not really going to leave though are you," and "Yeah... we might."
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
There are many reasons why Nissan chose to be in Sunderland. Leaving the EU carries risks but the EU isn't the 'be all and the end all' of prosperity.
https://businesscasestudies.co.uk/nissan/planning-for-quality-and-productivity/why-locate-in-sunderland.html

I didnt see it, i'll check it out cheers. Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
You ignored that, rated Forte's response as 'Funny'

Problem? Jibes, prods and banter in one direction only is it Laughing What is that word some of your supporters on that side overuse, I forget.. Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
then continued to post project fear material.

Please don't embarrass yourself by spreading more actual propaganda.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Do you think anyone bothers reading the hundreds of propaganda links you post?
Why bother? It's just white noise which nobody is going to go trawl through.

Struggling with counting as well I see..... actual information sharing is white noise, fascinating.

So to my question earlier? Andy stepped up to his credit, you?

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I checked your link, Are you really citing to me a little case study talking about how Nissan chose Sunderland in 1984 as a good site due to the benefits it had at the time? It even states a reliance on JITs in it, did you even read it? And this is your evidence of the robustness of our appeal as a country to base from and why the car industry won't abandon the UK in the case of a no deal Brexit due to their entire manufacturing methodology collapsing?

You think this is project fear? https://tinyurl.com/y8odwnbz

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Of course it is - it's one of your white noise Google searches again.

The thing is, with Google analytics, does everyone get the same Remain propaganda you see?

So if in fact it returns different results, no doubt all the conspiracy BS you look at (to follow your logic), then all your stuff is project fear? I would probably agree that all your bullshit sources are the actual project fear.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
"Twenty years ago we had these terrible, blood-curdling threats about Nissan in Sunderland if we didn't join the Euro," he said.

"Twenty years later, they are still here - a massive investment and one of the most efficient car plants in the world - they are not going anywhere."

See that is moderately funny Thumbs Up

Sload wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:
What do you want to know? The freight clearance facilities are currently running well under what the could do. Lord Warden house is around 25% occupied.

We did all this before ‘92 anyway, even with imports increasing, it wouldn’t be too hard to deal with.

Cheers for the info but a bit too small in resolution. I want to know what a no dealer thinks we will gain and what will actually happen assuming they get what they want (assuming she doesn't manage to sabotage it for you).

Come on, don't be soft.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
You post opinion from remoaners as somehow fact. It's on a level of Val's debating skills.

I post a good variance of material and attempt to never claim it is factual unless it is such. That is the difference between me and your side thus far.
For example, it is a factual statement that the automotive industry have been warning us with increasing alarmingness and frequency about the risks and repercussions of a no deal. That is factual.
To then put everything you do not like to hear into a pile that you then tag "project fear" is propaganda. It is factual that the idea and principal of "project fear" by method is propaganda.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
You won't want to know, because it will fall outside of your massive agenda.

I actually do, so cheers, enjoy your day.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
All of it biased propaganda opinion with zero factual content.

Factually false.

mpd72 CPT wrote:

I'm not even trying to argue with you, I just wanted to actually know what you thought. Your data is outdated though Wink
https://fullfact.org/europe/UK-EU-trade-agreements/

And that doesn't account for the difference between trading as a WTO third country and a member of the EU but it would be pointless going further, I got what I needed so enjoy your day.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
What is that word some of your supporters on that side overuse, I forget.. Smile

Dunno, I don't have supporters.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Please don't embarrass yourself by spreading more actual propaganda.

Where? You're the one putting "manufacturers leaving uk brexit" into Google and posting the resulting output without critique.
Sload wrote:
Are you really citing to me a little case study talking about how Nissan chose Sunderland in 1984 as a good site due to the benefits it had at the time? It even states a reliance on JITs in it, did you even read it? And this is your evidence of the robustness of our appeal as a country to base from and why the car industry won't abandon the UK in the case of a no deal Brexit due to their entire manufacturing methodology collapsing?

It's one example, and it didn't need to wave the EU flag once. Which bits did you think were no longer relevant?

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
That's not trade with the EU, it's trade to countries with EU trade deals, including the EU.

Yeh ok, agreed, it is still missing some of the more recent developments. (End of point)

Check this one out, far more indepth: and gives really cool graphics and shit that I thought you might like cos its a good link. https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/internationaltrade/articles/whodoestheuktradewith/2017-02-21

Last edited by Sload on 17:08 - 16 Dec 2018; edited 2 times in total

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
You are an odd chap. Do you even read the links you post? Laughing
Have you been on the festive spirits?

Absolutely on all 3. I edited my post so it is FAR clearer my intent. I was just sharing a good link that I thought you would like as you had been a bit more charitable lol. You are an odd fellow yourself Smile

mpd72 CPT wrote:
You're welcome. No need to apologise for being wrong

Come on lol, if I was to get a bit auty I could literally argue the UK trade with and via membership of the EU is greater than the share outside, we are arguing nothing here.

It also doesn't account for more recent developments.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 226, 227, 228 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 227 of 523