Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 251, 252, 253 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:57 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Also gotta love how remainers are celebrating the remainer brexit deal getting voted down, especially if (however unlikely it's now) we plonk out on March 29th. I realise it's merely phase one of the Gina Miller plan.

Wow. You expose new depths of misunderstanding. Extraordinary.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:00 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait until MPD comes along and then you can have an(other) argument with him Rolling Eyes

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:09 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Plonk*.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:11 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish for once that Corbyn would shut up. Not only is he like a stuck record, he's also 'weakening' the effect of those demands with each request shouted. He's doing himself no favours.

With May she's creating this wall of invincibility. It's as if she's untouchable. Have politicians bent rules and laws to make themselves indestructible? I honestly don't know but to me it seems like a fairly recent (last 20 years) thing has been slowly going on behind the scenes - each move being nothing much really but now those changes have come together and made politics something that the public can't do much about. Have they really become a separate living entity that fools us into thinking we're changing things in the UK but we're actually not?

My Brexit prediction now?
Forget the acting and shit show we're seeing now and over the coming weeks. It's just that - a shit show.
I predict that in a stupid and messy way we will remain in the EU, Brexit will be cancelled.
(I have my thermite waiting..)

The wall - we have one here. The stone is mostly robbed out but it can go back if we pull some houses down.
The thing is, I love the Scottish. They really do connect well with us in the North East. I'd move the wall down to Teesside..
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
I'd move the wall down to Teesside..

Historically Northumbria reached from the Humber to Edinburgh.
York has often been fiercely 'apart' from the south starting at Lincoln
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
The wall - we have one here. The stone is mostly robbed out but it can go back if we pull some houses down.

That was the joke, although some people didn't get it Whistle

Sister Sledge wrote:
I'd move the wall down to Teesside..

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that Very Happy

I am serious about the Scottish independence thing though, unless like with Brexit you want to ignore referendum results then it's settled. I don't buy the but Brexit argument, seeing as some people on here have said they voted for Scottish independence to (in their eyes) force a EU referendum, and as I recall the EU referendum was being widely discussed at the time Scotland had theirs.

NI can do what they want, Wales voted leave and isn't a real country anyway Smile That's the Scots and Welsh offended, who's next?

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about the Scottish independence. What do they actually have that can make them money to be self funding?
Best I can think is: Tourism, agriculture, sale of hydro power (and green 'Brownie points'), a little bit of gas?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://media.giphy.com/media/xqnq1v2eqioOQ/giphy.gif

Except it's on the decline. The best argument I've heard for Scottish independence is "imagine what we could have done with that money". I think if Scotland get to keep their perks in future (free prescriptions, University education etc.) they've got a pretty good deal.

I do think they were shafted on the original independence referendum way back whenever it was, however right now you'll notice there's a lot of opposition to independence, as the SNP found out in the last election.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't Spain said it would veto any Scottish membership incase Catalonia got the same idea?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:09 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they said that a few years ago but they changed their tone at the end of last year.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17235220.spanish-foreign-minister-declares-an-independent-scotland-would-be-welcome-in-eu/

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:23 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
I just wish for once that Corbyn would shut up. Not only is he like a stuck record, he's also 'weakening' the effect of those demands with each request shouted. He's doing himself no favours.

With May she's creating this wall of invincibility. It's as if she's untouchable. Have politicians bent rules and laws to make themselves indestructible?

Mr Corbyn has just been on at PMQs. He's having a good deal of trouble, and is beginning to screech, parodying a cross between a fascist dictator and a dalek. Rather unfortunate. I suspect he's been rumbled.

As for Mrs May, she is actually, in her party, untouchable until December.

The state of the parties? Neck and neck.

Ian Blackford (SNP) put in a lovely comedy appearance at PMQs, too.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst BBC is busy broadcasting brextremists, It's over now.

Doesn't matter what UK wants.

EU said there are 2 options only and there will be no more can kicking.

Thera are 2 options:

1. No Deal or
2. cancel Brexit.

Quote:
What we will not let happen, deal or no deal, is that the mess in British politics is again imported into European politics. While we understand the UK could need more time, for us it is unthinkable that article 50 is prolonged.

Guy Verhofstadt
‏EP, 16 Jan 2019

Obviously it is against EU interest to get involved in UK's Brexit shit. It's time UK to decide.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Souberry's been on complaining that "a member of her staff" was called a "spineless cunt" on the way to work.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:55 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
2. cancel Brexit.

Which would require changes to the law and the agreement of the EU.

So that's not happening.

Which leaves us with hard Brexit no deal. Wub

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

Was this the omnishambles comment?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Guy Verhofstadt Wub

Guy is to Val as Tommy is to mpd72.

Belgian Verhofstadt talks a lot about democracy but he doesn't mean it; he's a scary man. Check out his proposed 'Fundamental Law of the EU' and keep in mind he's regarded as a Centreist within the EU.

Quote:
How should a more united Europe best be governed?

The present constitutional architecture is hardly fit for purpose. Executive authority is dispersed and political accountability weak. Expedient measures needed to address the financial and economic crisis have stretched the present EU treaties close to their limits.

The Union’s system of governance must be reformed if it is to deliver much needed public goods at home and decisive leadership abroad. In the face of hostile public opinion, the national governments of its member states fear to give the EU the powers and resources it needs. National parties and parliaments fail to embrace the European dimension of politics.

So the European Union needs to assert itself. European challenges can be met only in a European way.

People grumble about the EU's democratic deficit ‑ when what it really suffers from is a deficit of government.

He stopped just short of uttering, "Und soon, ze Vurld..."

https://www.spinelligroup.eu/article/fundamental-law-european-union
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

winz wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Was this the omnishambles comment?

That's the one. The PM's reply just took him to pieces, to a background of apoplectic muttering. "The people's vote was in 2016 and it was to leave", "Our country is composed of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales", to furious head-shaking from Blackford.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 22:10 - 16 Jan 2019; edited 1 time in total

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Belgian Verhofstadt talks a lot about democracy but he doesn't mean it; he's a scary man. Check out his proposed 'Fundamental Law of the EU' and keep in mind he's regarded as a Centreist within the EU

8<

He stopped just short of uttering, "Und soon, ze Vurld..."

https://www.spinelligroup.eu/article/fundamental-law-european-union

That mister verhoffrestatt seems to me to resemble a rather effeminate version of Herr Hitler.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 251, 252, 253 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 252 of 523