Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 340, 341, 342 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Which of those taught you to take care of yourself?

Whatever school or parents didn't teach me I worked out for myself, though that would have taken longer. In work I learned how to work alone or in teams, and sometimes on shifts. I had to move around the country to find work, and sort out my own housing, cooking, transport, banking.

I don't want to denigrate all peacetime forces but being in "the services" carries a cache (borne of wartime) which I don't especially admire. There's nothing wrong with it, but others contribute at least as much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no particular admirer of Theresa May but right now the worst possible distraction would be a leadership challenge. No Deal looks likely and I'm ready to accept it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Interesting things coming up.

o - Grieve ashamed of May (Wow! What gall. He must be badly deluded).

o - Blackford and the Lib Dems say parliament should sit continuously until they come up with something or else revoke A.50 (yes, another "Remain" attempt by antidemocratic scum).

o - Corbyn flounced from a meeting with Mrs May and others 'cos unummer was there and "not a proper leader" (perspicacious, Jerry!).

o - Mrs May is to speak from Downing Street at 8:15 p.m., which will be broadcast live on the telly (I'm hoping she'll say "Vote for the Withdrawal Agreement or we leave "no deal").

I'm going to get a couple of bottles of beer and sit in front of the TV. I hope I don't need another one tomorrow!

... didnt turn up to 1922.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, anyone still on the Farage bandwagon?

Genuinely curious what our PM will be saying.

Just listened to a narrative suggesting a no deal is far more likely now so some of you I'm sure would enjoy.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
May: isolationist.

How is striking out into the World "isolationist"?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:12 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I'm no particular admirer of Theresa May but right now the worst possible distraction would be a leadership challenge. No Deal looks likely and I'm ready to accept it.

I’m flat out 7 days a week from tomorrow, trying to prepare for it. More than 8 days notice out of the last 1,000 would have been nice.

If you haven't been preparing for it since 2016 that's your fault.
Will you not have time to post? Praying Wink

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sload wrote:
Just curious, anyone still on the Farage bandwagon?

Genuinely curious what our PM will be saying.

Just listened to a narrative suggesting a no deal is far more likely now so some of you I'm sure would enjoy.

I will be on the "Farage bandwagon" IF it becomes necessary.

I am on tenterhooks about what the PM will say in a couple of minutes.

"The deal" is preferablee to me, over "no deal", but I will have "no deal" if "deal" cannot be done.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

She cannot even turn up on time Laughing

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope fingers crossed it's no deal.

Though I doubt it will be.

On a plus side, if there is a deal, I will book an Easter holiday. (Kids passports have less than 6 months left).

See win win for me.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:37 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm annoyed I didn't put a few ponds bet on no deal when it was at 7 to 1 about a week ago. Now the odds are around 4 or 3 to 1 and a few bookies have pulled the brexit bets altogether.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was good to se her reiterate her determination to get us out, and it was good to see a reaffirmation that what we want (Brexit) is what we will get. However, I am worried to hear that "It's time for MPs to make up their minds". I do not trust the majority of them, and I still think they need to be told to choose between "deal" and "no deal".

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:48 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Val wrote:
Back to actual facts and news.......

wibble.

Liar

I don't think Val can see your responses mpd because he enemied you (and made a whole thread about it).

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the transcript of what the PM said:

Nearly three years have passed since the public voted to leave the European Union.

It was the biggest democratic exercise in our country’s history.

I came to office on a promise to deliver on that verdict.

In March 2017, I triggered the Article 50 process for the UK to exit the EU – and Parliament supported it overwhelmingly.

Two years on, MPs have been unable to agree on a way to implement the UK’s withdrawal.

As a result, we will now not leave on time with a deal on 29 March.

This delay is a matter of great personal regret for me.

And of this I am absolutely sure: you the public have had enough.

You are tired of the infighting.

You are tired of the political games and the arcane procedural rows.

Tired of MPs talking about nothing else but Brexit when you have real concerns about our children’s schools, our National Health Service, and knife crime.

You want this stage of the Brexit process to be over and done with.

I agree. I am on your side.

It is now time for MPs to decide.

So today I have written to Donald Tusk, the President of the European Council, to request a short extension of Article 50 up to the 30 June to give MPs the time to make a final choice.

Do they want to leave the EU with a deal which delivers on the result of the referendum – that takes back control of our money, borders and laws while protecting jobs and our national security?

Do they want to leave without a deal?

Or do they not want to leave at all, causing potentially irreparable damage to public trust – not just in this generation of politicians, but to our entire democratic process?

It is high time we made a decision.

So far, Parliament has done everything possible to avoid making a choice.

Motion after motion and amendment after amendment have been tabled without Parliament ever deciding what it wants.

All MPs have been willing to say is what they do not want.

I passionately hope MPs will find a way to back the deal I have negotiated with the EU.

A deal that delivers on the result of the referendum and is the very best deal negotiable.

I will continue to work night and day to secure the support of my colleagues, the DUP and others for this deal.

But I am not prepared to delay Brexit any further than 30 June.

Some argue that I am making the wrong choice, and I should ask for a longer extension to the end of the year or beyond, to give more time for politicians to argue over the way forward.

That would mean asking you to vote in European Elections, nearly three years after our country decided to leave.

What kind of message would that send?

And just how bitter and divisive would that election campaign be at a time when the country desperately needs bringing back together?

Some have suggested holding a second referendum.

I don’t believe that is what you want – and it is not what I want.

We asked you the question already and you gave us your answer.

Now you want us to get on with it.

And that is what I am determined to do.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointless, she barely said anything.

Riejufixing wrote:
Well, it was good to se her reiterate her determination to get us out, and it was good to see a reaffirmation that what we want (Brexit) is what we will get. However, I am worried to hear that "It's time for MPs to make up their minds". I do not trust the majority of them, and I still think they need to be told to choose between "deal" and "no deal".

What they want is to remain, but have it be the Tories doing, so Labour can both stay in the EU and profit electorally from the Tories losing the support of their voters.

Jmoan wrote:
I'm annoyed I didn't put a few ponds bet on no deal when it was at 7 to 1 about a week ago. Now the odds are around 4 or 3 to 1 and a few bookies have pulled the brexit bets altogether.

No deal is basically impossible as the remainers will block it. They have both the numbers and the speaker, and even May has shown now that she won't allow no deal.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Farage's army of marchers made it to London yet? They'll fix everything - just you watch.
(What an utter laughing stock the British parliament are to the world..)

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:39 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

No deal is basically impossible as the remainers will block it. They have both the numbers and the speaker, and even May has shown now that she won't allow no deal.

If the other EU countries still have to vote on it there is still a chance.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:10 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:
Has Farage's army of marchers made it to London yet? They'll fix everything - just you watch.
(What an utter laughing stock the British parliament are to the world..)

Pontefract tomorrow. They won’t get to Londonistan until the 29th.

May’s speech was the biggest non event of the year. Tusks deal is dead, MP’s can’t vote on it unless the EU compromise their ability to keep us tied to the EU. They won’t budge, so MP’s can’t vote for a third time on the unpolished turd. They can’t cancel Brexit as the fall out would be devastating and the desire to leave will only grow amongst voters as the EU dissappears up It’s federal arse.

There is only one viable choice now. Instead of fucking about avoiding it, we should have been preparing for it a year ago. WTO and leave the EU. No deals, no part leaving, no kicking the can down the road, no 14th attempt to push Tusk and May’s unpolished turd, just leave as you were told to 1,000 days ago.

I could have sworn that Brexiteers were laughing at Remainers for predicting chaos when this debacle started way back when!. As someone with the minority viewpoint might I ask why you fuckwits didn't load parliament with pro-Brexit MP's?
I know, let's blame the minority, it's all their fault.... Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 340, 341, 342 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 341 of 523