Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 348, 349, 350 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:

Next Saturday, London Bridge Station. Noon OK for you?

Mdma if I said I'll see you there, would you seriously turn up wanting a fight with somebody you've never met because you disagree about politics on the internet?

If I did go, I'd rather have a pint with you and laugh about it.

You could talk about...er... Idea Exclamation Bikes! Very Happy

OK, I'll get me coat.

BTW I'm not waiting around anymore with all you sad sacks. I have now left the EU. What're you gonna do about it, eh? Middle Finger
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:16 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone planning on leaving the Uk if we stay in the Eu? I would, but I'd move within the Eu non ironically.

@Chickenstrip; Tarriff imposed

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:37 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:

Fuck your tariffs, I don't buy anything, I'm entirely self sufficient Middle Finger

Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
Is anyone planning on leaving the Uk if we stay in the Eu?

Everyone except Val Laughing

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:51 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
piazza wrote:

Fuck your tariffs, I don't buy anything, I'm entirely self sufficient Middle Finger

Laughing

Freedom incoming, you have oil, right? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
you have oil, right? Laughing

Don't need it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

Who said anything about fighting? I thought we were proving how much effort Remainers will make in travelling to protest over Brexit. It would be a fair trek from Halifax.

If I did come to London it would be on the train. Walking all that way is a bit silly when we have trains. If 200 Brexiteers want to walk as a virtue-signalling (ugh...) exercise, to be near Farage and to get on the telly, then fair play but there are easier ways of travelling.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I'll talk to anybody, me. Its an age thing. I do it at bus stops, in the supermarket, whilst walking the dog.... Usually starts off with 'I remember when it were all fields 'round here', or 'You don't want to be doing that, it'll kill you...'. In a few years time it will be 'Guess how old I am... go on... don't go.... dagnabit...'

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I'll talk to anybody, me. Its an age thing. I do it at bus stops, in the supermarket, whilst walking the dog.... Usually starts off with 'I remember when it were all fields 'round here', or 'You don't want to be doing that, it'll kill you...'. In a few years time it will be 'Guess how old I am... go on... don't go.... dagnabit...'

TL;DR

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:30 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
Is anyone planning on leaving the Uk if we stay in the Eu? I would, but I'd move within the Eu non ironically.

Feel free. There are 250,000 more people coming in every year than going out Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I genuinely believed that shouting in London would influence our MPs, then possibly. As it stands I don't think either Farage's march or the 1 million demonstrators will make a sod of difference to the outcome.

I still think marching 200 miles with no chance of making a difference yet guaranteed television coverage is virtue-signalling, much more so than being one in a million Remainers.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you say that describing the actions of somebody as 'virtue-signalling' is slightly arrogant? I only use the silly expression because you do it all the time to denigrate the actions of anybody who disagrees with your view on life. Pot, kettle and all that...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
EU is in charge of Brexit now. A50 is EU law and 29/03 leave date already has been changed by the last EC decision to 12/04. That is clever EU diplomacy move - to show gammons who is in charge:

So basically what you're saying is that the EU is a load of bullying, dictatorial, despotic arseholes?

That's pretty harsh on the EU Val. Thumbs Down

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Val wrote:
EU is in charge of Brexit now. A50 is EU law and 29/03 leave date already has been changed by the last EC decision to 12/04. That is clever EU diplomacy move - to show gammons who is in charge:

So basically what you're saying is that the EU is a load of bullying, dictatorial, despotic arseholes?

That's pretty harsh on the EU Val. Thumbs Down

Harsh perhaps, but my guess is the people of Greece are likely to agree.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politicians will latch onto the x million march and the 5 million plus petition to justify when they revoke article 50.

They will only allow another referendum if they can totally manipulate it so remain wins.

If we don't get a 'no deal' I want them to revoke it simply to show how little/no regard they actually have for us lowlifes. We will take it from there.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

If we don't get a 'no deal' I want them to revoke it simply to show how little/no regard they actually have for us lowlifes. We will take it from there.

Thing is, a lot of people will say things like that and do nothing. The worst they'll do is not vote in future elections.

But some might well do something drastic, and they will have the quiet support of many others who are generally law abiding. Where that kind of tacit approval will eventually lead is anyone's guess.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
To all the Remainers in this thread: I still want us out of the EU, now more than ever before. Where have you gone wrong?

To all people in UK:

5,554,046 UK citizens and/or residents want to stop Brexit, you can sign too here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Wait until I wrote this post 5,555,846 signed it.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

To where?

https://i.imgur.com/IyKBZCR.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suggestion for Val; if we end up staying in the EU, put a big EU sticker in your window, or an EU flag in your front garden Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:19 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Diggs wrote:
How can you say that describing the actions of somebody as 'virtue-signalling' is slightly arrogant? I only use the silly expression because you do it all the time to denigrate the actions of anybody who disagrees with your view on life. Pot, kettle and all that...

The arrogance comes naturally to a lot of Remainers. You have this false notion of moral and intellectual superiority and anyone who voted to leave is a thick racist. You demonstrated this perfectly by pretending a few hundred thousand snowflakes, described as a million, were not virtue signalling, yet people actually prepared to walk 30 miles a day to make a point, were.

I don't have a false notion of moral and intellectual superiority, although sometimes I wonder... I don't think everybody who voted to leave is a thick racist either - show me where I have said that.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Whatever

Wolfie Smith! Now we're talking! Power to the people! Very Happy

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
A suggestion for Val; if we end up staying in the EU, put a big EU sticker in your window, or an EU flag in your front garden Laughing

Already have two. And all the neighbours that voted Remain have one.
Come and visit us. You are officially invited in Bracknell on cancelled Brexit celebrations.

Just to cheer you up the best Brexit explanation from 2 000 000 peoples's vote march in Saturday:

https://i.imgur.com/VoIHiHX.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 348, 349, 350 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 349 of 523