Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 368, 369, 370 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xLmI352vE
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 12 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
bhinso wrote:
I think it was a mistake to split UKIP apart like that. In his speech Farage said UKIP had gone to thuggish and was focusing on Islam too much, which maybe it is, but I think they'd have been stronger together.

The problem is that the left wing shitty stick is strong.
People are now too afraid to publicly show any loyalty to their flag or country. Even declaring loyalty to the Brexit party will be tarnished by the Tarquin Militants.

The ballot box is the only private way of conveying your opinion without being labelled or mocked by the usual wankers, as happens even on here. This is why Leave won.

Works both ways, Himmler... Nowadays it is unfashionable to be seen as Left Wing due to the shitty stick of Right Wing internet propaganda. Not that the current lot are electable anyhow....

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

The problem is that the left wing shitty stick is strong.
People are now too afraid to publicly show any loyalty to their flag or country. Even declaring loyalty to the Brexit party will be tarnished by the Tarquin Militants.

The ballot box is the only private way of conveying your opinion without being labelled or mocked by the usual wankers, as happens even on here. This is why Leave won.

Works both ways, Himmler... Nowadays it is unfashionable to be seen as Left Wing due to the shitty stick of Right Wing internet propaganda. Not that the current lot are electable anyhow....

I think being a lefty has been unfashionable since well before the internet was a thing, the fall of the Berlin wall is generally considered to be the final nail in the coffin of communism and the left has always been the home of the tree huggers and ban-the-bombers, who have always been considered a bit weird.

If you go back to the start of the Labour movement, they had to drop the overt links to Marxism quite quickly and if you look at the really popular Labour governments, they weren't very far to the left, apart from a few outspoken members.

The problem with Corbyn is he's at least as duplicitous as May - everything we know about him says he's a Marxist, hence his current stance on worker's rights and thoughts of equal union, but we also know he's spent his entire political life railing against the EU, being the unelected and overarching body that it is.

He wins his ticket with a manifesto that takes us out of the EU (which he has spent 30 odd years telling us it's what he wants) then, when he gets the chance to fulfill his dreams, he reneges in the biggest way possible.

At least we all knew May's heart wasn't really in it, Corbyn has been living a lie since the day he became leader of the opposition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:33 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
King29 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xLmI352vE

Yawn....

It’s a shame the unedited version would meet your agenda.

What agenda?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:47 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the international laughing stock shenanigans of the last few years, is Johnny immigrant still trying to ride the wagons into the country or has he decided that Syria is now his better option and buggered off back home?
When I departed Blighty's shores the news was awash with stories of floaty and non-floaty immigrants, since the referendum that kind of news has dried up here, is it because it is no longer an issue or it's just less interesting than Parliamentary fuckwittery?

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
With all the international laughing stock shenanigans of the last few years, is Johnny immigrant still trying to ride the wagons into the country or has he decided that Syria is now his better option and buggered off back home?
When I departed Blighty's shores the news was awash with stories of floaty and non-floaty immigrants, since the referendum that kind of news has dried up here, is it because it is no longer an issue or it's just less interesting than Parliamentary fuckwittery?

Apparently, playing "pick up the boat person" is still a thing, but it's getting less and less coverage here too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:

Cobblers. The left have claimed the moral high ground. It can't be that unfashionable when the media and education is rife with left wing ideology.

I'll ask again. Name a banned far left political party in the UK.

I can't think of any banned far Left organisations, but that is probably because the Left is traditionally the home of the underdog and oppressed rather than the reactionary 'ain't no black in the Union Jack', pastry-cutter collecting Clan wannabe.

Both sides claim the moral high ground imo. Subtle propaganda shifts the population's moral compass and this is something we see in society at the moment. The Right claim that anything to the Left of Ghengis Khan is a conspiracy against the working classes - YL is a leader of the new right working class hero movement and you, dear MDMA, are a follower. The Nazis did the same thing, but they did have the advantage of a captive audience in cinemas and the press.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
No, it's still happening, but as with all other news which might sway public opinion on leaving the EU, it's being buried.

Possibly, but it's also not been the weather for floating in.
I'm expecting it to pick up now summer's on the way Thumbs Up

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

No, it's still happening, but as with all other news which might sway public opinion on leaving the EU, it's being buried.

Have you noticed how very little attention is being given to the police brutality in France, the failing EU economies, Germany selling Euro bonds at negative prices?

As someone on the 'frontline' would you say that it's worse, better or about the same as three/four years ago? I would have expected a change for the better but not for a complete cessation.

We occasionally get snippets of downward trend in the German economy, a few articles about yellow jackets and the odd picture/video of a gendarme in riot gear kicking the crap out of the odd bystander.

I'd hazard a guess that our news cycles are both filled with about the same ratio of Trump/Brexit news, just that 90% of ours is Trump shenanigans whilst yours is presumably 90% Brexit?

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost enough to make a man cry or just want to say fuck it I'm out of here, the fact that we can't be proud of our flag, our country, our people and our history.

Leftism and too much equality that every human is as worthy or important as the next is crippling us and the rest of the world.

This country should never have had this happen to it, and I ain't proud to be British or live here now, but I just don't know where else I can go and live to my ideals and principles.

We will be next, after that lunatic PM woman in New Zealand in banning waving a home flag or saying our country and it's generations of inhabitants are important or matter.

Might as well be in Russia now!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Leftism and too much equality that every human is as worthy or important as the next is crippling us and the rest of the world.

But then again, you might say we're in this mess because of lack of equality, i.e., we have a political and business elite who are flexing their muscles to keep the man on the street in his place. Some will filter up into that elite - after all, it will always need some new blood to maintain it, but most of us still fight over the scraps they deign to throw us to keep us quiet. It is the paucity of scraps in recent years that is causing the current 'rebellion'.

Thinking Perhaps they've been allowing the wrong sort to filter up? Bunch of inept muppets who are scared that if we leave they might have to actually figure out how to run a country.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 13 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
...is Johnny immigrant still trying to ride the wagons into the country...
When I departed Blighty's shores the news was awash with stories of floaty and non-floaty immigrants, since the referendum that kind of news has dried up here, is it because it is no longer an issue...

On 25 May 2016, in the run up to The Referendum, Raffles wrote:
I've not noticed much in the news of late regarding 'refugees' pouring into Europe. Have they stopped coming?

Have they fuck

I wonder why there's been such a deafening silence on the subject Thinking

On 25 May 2016, in the run up to The Referendum, Polarbear wrote:
On May 25 2016, in the run up to The Referendum, Raffles wrote:
I've not noticed much in the news of late regarding 'refugees' pouring into Europe. Have they stopped coming?

Have they fuck

I wonder why there's been such a deafening silence on the subject Thinking

Nothing on that, nothing about Calais Thinking

And they say we don't have censorship in this country?

mpd72 wrote:

Nothing much changes, does it?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the people who associate Syrian migrants as a problem of the EU are the morons who shouldn't be allowed a vote. Thumbs Up

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect. The UK implementation of the EU directives etc. Is the problem. You'd learn a lot more if you actually read up on the subject instead of recycling the same old incorrect rhetoric.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 14 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't affect us (or rather, shouldn't), due to the opt out Bliar did in the 1997 Amsterdam Treaty. So again, point your finger where it should be pointed.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 368, 369, 370 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 369 of 523