Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 20 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
@Im-a-Ridah: Eurozone = countries that use Euro. UK has opt out.

Thanks but I know what the Eurozone is.

Leaving the Eurozone is an integral part of Brexit. The fact that we left the precursor to the Euro, the ERM in 1992, does not make it any less a key part of Brexiting.

Yes, I suppose. Although, how can you leave something, that you were never a part of? Thinking

Also, there are countries that use Euro, yet are not part of the EU. They either use Euro based on various deals with the EU or without any deal, just because they decided to. Do you know what would be fun? If UK left the EU and made Euro their national currency the very next day. Razz

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:22 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
That means in March 2019 if there is no deal, there will be no Brexit either.

Is that a fact?

Remind me, what's the mechanism for a splitter member state saying "LOL JK" after invoking Article 50?

Spoiler: there is none. Once Article 50 is declared, the only way to achieve "no Brexit" is to rejoin, via article 49. This is explicit in Article 50. Surely you had this information beamed directly to your Loyalty Implant? Eh?

Can you imagine the "deal" we'd be offered under those circumstances? Buh-bye rebate, hello Euro. Oh, and here's a prenuptial bill as well.

It's particularly disappointing that (allegedly) 30 (unnamed) Tory MPs have no idea how negotiations work. Sad

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Val wrote:

No backsies now Rob I would not call that bat it out as adults. Smells of surender to me, after the whole beating in the chest Laughing

Anyhow an update from the 18:30 joint press conference: as expected the UK has agreed exactly what the EU wants. First round of negotiations will be the separation. No strong and stable imaginary trade talks.

Why I am not surprised eh?

Read and weap ere: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/620355/Terms_of_reference_for_the_Article_50_negotiations_between_the_United_Kingdom_and_the_European_Union.pdf

Duly signed by Davis.

tl;dr say goodbye to NI open border which is postponed indefinetely. Good luck to Theresa explaining that to the DUP bigots.

The first round of the negotiations will be strictly for:

1. Citizens' rights
2. Financial Settlement

Means we own your asses time to pay the bill ;D

I think I may have said already that. Several hundred times.

Quote:
UK appears to capitulate on sequencing on first day of Brexit talks - as it happened

I can't wait to see tomorrow how Daily Heil will spin that debacle as a big patriotic victory Laughing

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jun/19/boris-johnson-and-gove-both-back-may-as-tory-leadership-speculation-continues-politics-live

Erm but you're a British tax payer? So you want to pay a bigger bill? Laughing

Your position gets more odder by the day

Frankly, i couldn't care less how much the bill is, no one seems to care we're paying 50 billion a year on the interest on the national debt, so it's small fry to get out of a cultist club that oddballs such as yourself love.

Also seeing as you're thick as shit, but seem to know it all, how does Norway arrange their borders and customs checks with the EU seeing as they're not in the customs union?

Just incase you missed this VAL , ??
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... The general consensus seems to be a blanket restriction on immigrants from, or via, the continent, especially as they then take undue advantage of our health and social security services. They do tend to breed more energetically too.
Fine. But where does this leave our blessed and beloved German Queen and her Greek fella.
That's some stonking social housing and her gizits would keep Somalia in Kalashnikov's for years to come.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Val This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Article 50 notification can be simply revoked.

At this point you'd only read the headline.

Val wrote:
Of course there will be conditions.

Now you're getting it.

It's also a hasty draft.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

I do not want to spoil your day too much, but Article 50 notification can be simply revoked. Do not take my word for it check the lawyer that actually has written it Laughing

So no rejoining needed. Just simple revoking of Article 50 will be fine

EU already has confirmed that Artcile 50 can be revoked on the oficial response to it:

https://uk.businessinsider.com/eu-brexit-resolution-article-50-can-be-revoked-2017-3

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/article-50-trigger-brexit-eu-revoke-economic-plan-legal-trade-agreement-a7231446.html

Of course there will be conditions. I personally will ask for the UK join the Euro, shengen, no rebate, abolish imperial measures BS, to change to right hand road drive and finally for the 3 next Eurovisions Theresa May personally to perfrom "I am sorry" with Justin Bieber Laughing

Also in today's news - apparently SNP can stop Brexit by voting against Repeal Bill

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-block-scotland-vote-repeal-bill-theresa-may-latest-news-a7801741.html

I smell Breturn coming soon Laughing

you missed my post bro, ^^^

I'd love to know which drugs you're taking to create this delusion though
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:43 - 21 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Article 50 notification can be simply revoked. Do not take my word for it check the lawyer that actually has written it Laughing

Oh, I see. He's explaining what he meant to write, but didn't.

Did he not write it because he's incompetent, or because he's deceitful, or both?

Article 50 wrote:
1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.

A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49.

Those are the actual words that were actually written in actual real life.

Now, you could - and I'm sure you will - argue that section 5 only refers to states after they have fully withdrawn. But they were welcome to say that, and didn't. In the context of an article that's about the process of withdrawing, the reasonable interpretation - for someone who didn't write it - is that it applies from the moment that it "decides to withdraw".

Next up in our withdrawal is negotiating the rights, if any, of EU foreigners currently making a cushy living from rinsing down British citizens.

Cross your fingers, eh?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:38 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Beeb bemoans the lack of EU migrant slave workers. Also, people in stable jobs and low unemployment is... unBritish.

It's a tough circle to square, that poverty is necessary for productivity, but they're really having a go at filing some edges on to it.

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but will you pay more at the supermarket checkout?

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:43 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Al Beeb bemoans the lack of EU migrant slave workers. Also, people in stable jobs and low unemployment is... unBritish.

It's a tough circle to square, that poverty is necessary for productivity, but they're really having a go at filing some edges on to it.

It'll be fine - I'm sure those hard working British people we were all told needed jobs will be queuing up to fill the vacancies, and the farmers will be forced to pay them a good wage Laughing

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder which side of the EU debate Liz sits on Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/QH8YY3x.jpg

(Shouldn't need a sarcasm disclaimer but may trigger Leave voting monarchists Mr. Green)

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:55 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjdugen wrote:
Ah, but will you pay more at the supermarket checkout?

Of course, Scotchman are all about the fruit and veg.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

civvy wrote:

(Shouldn't need a sarcasm disclaimer but may trigger Leave voting monarchists Mr. Green)

Does it really matter what she thinks? She's not the ruler of the country anymore. Wink

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a taste who will rule the UK after Brexit: Monsanto and neanderthals:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/22/tories-aim-block-full-eu-ban-bee-harming-pesticides

Brace yourself for the new open world ruled by greedy corporations only. No environment protection. No "red tape" from the EU to stop the pollution.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. Is it me, or did I see lots of farmers backing brexit ..

And now we have ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40354331

Can't have all ways chaps !! In reality, this is just the farmers saying, ha !! We can charge you more, as we have made our eu fellows feel somewhat unwelcome, !! double bonus win for the farmers .. Grow less, charge more, no need to pay all those pesky workers pittance wages, and no need to dig them a hole for a bog either !!

Coming to an industry near you soon .. Roll on 2019 it'll be a blast !!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

civvy wrote:

Just a blue hat with some flowers on it. You could just as easily say it shows she is glad there is a Conservative government and not a Labour one.

It's well known that she is for leave as is Philip. There are numerous sources, as well as the rant she had at Nick Clegg.

Quote:
The Sun stood by its story, saying it had two sources for the claim that the Queen had "let rip" at then Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg about Europe at a lunch at Windsor Castle.

Mr Clegg has named then Justice Secretary Michael Gove as the source of the story, but Mr Gove has never confirmed the allegation.

Ms Kuenssberg said that her "jaw hit the floor" when an unnamed contact told her that the Queen had told a private lunch that she could not see why Britain could not simply leave the EU.

The BBC political editor told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "In a casual chat with one of my contacts, they said, 'Do you know what? At some point this is going to come out, and I'm telling you now and I don't know if the BBC would touch it, but the Queen told people at a private lunch that she thinks that we should leave the EU'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/brexit-latest-news-queen-said-she-backed-uk-leaving-eu-a7495926.html

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Just a taste who will rule the UK after Brexit: Monsanto and neanderthals:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jun/22/tories-aim-block-full-eu-ban-bee-harming-pesticides

Brace yourself for the new open world ruled by greedy corporations only. No environment protection. No "red tape" from the EU to stop the pollution.

I believe TTIP is still on the cards for the EU. That will bring exactly what you're predicting for the UK, so where is the EU protection? Nowhere. Really I think you're just trolling because your arguments never stand up to scrutiny and you're still here in the UK.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Really I think you're just trolling because your arguments never stand up to scrutiny and you're still here in the UK.

Today's news - one more bank moving out: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-nomura-bank-relocates-frankfurt-eu-headquarters-european-base-london-city-germany-a7802081.html

Lets do some facts examination shall we. The banks and insurance companies which have so far announced they are relocating some of their activities out of London in order to ensure continued access to the Single Market are:

Banks

JP Morgan 4,000 jobs out of 16,000
Deutsche Bank 4,000 out of 9,000
UBS 1,500 out of 5,000
Goldman 1,000 out of 6,000
HSBC 1,000 out of 5,000
Morgan Stanley 1,000 out of 6,000
Barclays 150 out of 10,000
Citigroup TBA out of 9,000
Credit Suisse TBA out of 6,600
Standard Chartered TBA
Nomura 100

Insurers

AIG TBA
Lloyds of London TBA
Hiscox TBA
L&G TBA
Aviva TBA
M&G TBA
Standard LIfe TBA

Could you provide me with a single company which is investing in the UK specifically because of Brexit. I would like a direct quote from the CEO of the company as proof that the investment is Brexit-linked. Go on, just one company.

But I need the CEO, not you, to state that the investment is linked to the fact that the UK is doing Brexit.

Humor me Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:14 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Could you provide me with a single company which is investing in the UK specifically because of Brexit. I would like a direct quote from the CEO of the company as proof that the investment is Brexit-linked. Go on, just one company.

Because of or in spite of, because if it's the latter then loads. Anyway there's only one entity we care about leaving Wink

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

But I need the CEO, not you, to state that the investment is linked to the fact that the UK is doing Brexit.

Humor me Laughing

Who cares? Take back control! Sovereignty! Fish!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:02 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom isn't free
It costs folks like you and me
And if we don't all chip in
We'll never pay that bill.

https://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4431124.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/PAY-David-Cameron.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

civvy wrote:
Val wrote:

Humor me Laughing

Who cares? Take back control! Sovereignty! Fish!

It will be sad when all those bankers leave, what if we're not included in the next recession they cause Crying or Very sad

jjdugen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:24 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what if we're not included in the next recession they cause
Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 22 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I would like a direct quote from the CEO of the company as proof that the investment is Brexit-linked. Go on, just one company.

Humor me Laughing

Then links to;
Quote:
Nomura picked Frankfurt as the headquarters for its European Union operations after the UK leaves the bloc, people with knowledge of the matter said.

Quote:
-will start preparations this month to form a base in the German financial centre, one of the people said, asking not to be identified as the matter is confidential. It will seek regulatory approval and find office space before transferring fewer than 100 employees from London to the city, according to the person.

I take it back, you're not trolling, you're just clowning. Good work!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 311 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 38 of 523