Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I’ve noticed 2 Facebook groups claiming to be The Brexit Party. One has 60k followers, the other 20K.

It’s quite obvious that the 20K one is fake. They’re not even attempting to use the official logo, but it goes a lot deeper.
It’s getting further and further right wing in its posts and it’s becoming quite clear now that it’s a propaganda stunt to discredit the real party. The real party are keen to appeal to all Brexit voters from all walks of life. Only one of the groups is following this ideology.

It’s been reported several times, guess what Facebook have done about it?
Yep, fuck all.

Look it up and you’ll see what I mean. Both with the same name, both claiming to be official, clearly the smaller page is a deliberate attempt to make the party look as right wing if not more, than UKIP.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the non story that, on launch day, 'Nigel' (read for that the party administrators) had failed to register the domain name 'brexitparty.com' so it had been "hijacked" by some remainer faction or other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:10 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the non story that, on launch day, 'Nigel' (read for that the party administrators) had failed to register the domain name 'brexitparty.com' so it had been "hijacked" by some remainer faction or other.

Not necessarily a ploy by a Remain faction. It could equally be a ploy by the Brexit Party to appeal to a 'wider' audience whilst not actually admitting it. Smoke and mirrors....

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:34 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

It's an interesting show of what level of professionalism our aspiring leaders operate at.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:59 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should the 20k page be deleted?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:06 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Should the 20k page be deleted?

I think the irony is lost....
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it gone now, I feel dirty having visited facebook but only seen one brexit party.
Thee are some 'supporters' groups using the logo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:33 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

It's an interesting show of what level of professionalism our aspiring leaders operate at.

Oh sod off. How many domains would you need to register to protect a brand in all available wording and permutations?

As many as it takes, if it makes a difference between customers reaching and not reaching me. I could also hire someone with legal expertise so I can be protected from jokers on trademark/copyright grounds. In other words, I could do it the grown up, professional way.

Alternatively I can throw a tantrum and scream that it's all THEIR fault. THEY hurt me. THEY are bad, THOSE whiny snowflakes, poor strong and stable me, boohoohoo. Perhaps this way I will succeed Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Alternatively I can throw a tantrum and scream that it's all THEIR fault. THEY hurt me. THEY are bad, poor strong and stable me, boohoohoo. Perhaps this way I will succeed Laughing

Excruciating irony Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:43 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Facebook have even made it so unless you search for "The Brexit Party", you don't see the genuine page. If you search for "Brexit Party" only the fake site comes up. That has to be deliberate when the page tags are almost identical and if anything, the search should work the other way around, with the pages named as below.

Ahem.

https://i.imgur.com/ePEp8h9.png

It's showing you the fake one when you search for "Brexit Party" because you keep visiting the fake one, Facebook is clever like that. Mr. Green

Not registering thebrexitparty.com is an embarrassing mistake to make. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:46 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searching for "The Brexit Party" gives this:

https://i.imgur.com/wmSft2Y.png

If they're bothered about thebrexitparty.com then it shouldn't be too hard for them to find out who's running it. If I can find most of the details out in 20 minutes then Farage can get internet detectives of his own to find all the necessary pieces of the puzzle to show who's running the site.

All their other websites have the text saying they're registered with The Electoral Commission and who the name of their campaign. Not having that text on thebrexitparty.com could be their downfall.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:17 - 17 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Ste wrote:
Not registering thebrexitparty.com is an embarrassing mistake to make. Laughing

But no different to the Labour party and Tories not registering their "Thepartyname.com". Both advertise Scottish hotels.

There are small differences.

Difference #1: Tories and Labour do their online work professionally enough that people don't have problem finding their websites.

Alexa wrote:

How popular is conservatives.com?
Global Rank 137,181
Rank in United Kingdom 10,628

How popular is labour.org.uk?
Global Rank 35,477
Rank in United Kingdom 3,461

How popular is theconservativeparty.com?
[Not enough traffic]

Difference #2: We seldom hear them moan about a conspiracy spanning from Albania to Zimbabwe that created a joke website about them. Probably because such tantrum wouldn't make them look sane enough to manage a chip shop, not to mention a country.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:21 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile.

Unicorn Hunting Club wrote:

We need hard Brexit, then we will have sweetest trade deals and build rainbows linking us with all countries (except the darned EU!!!!!1111111) with pots of gold attached to the UK ends!

Enter reality: mess with Ireland and the best trade deal available will be the one with Lesotho: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/us-politicians-and-brexiteers-clash-on-concocted-border-issue-1.3862750

Quote:

Pennsylvania representative said the delegation’s warning about any post-Brexit risk to the peace process jeopardising any future UK-US trade deal and the challenge of passing any trade deal through the US congress amid the current climate “acted as a reality check” on some UK politicians they met.

Last edited by cdlxxvi on 10:01 - 18 Apr 2019; edited 1 time in total

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:08 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Enter reality: mess with Ireland and the best trade deal available will be the one with Lesotho

Out of the ties of the EU, we stand way more chance of striking trade deals with countries which matter to us. Countries where we do the majority of our exporting, the rest of the world.

The US congresspeople say there won't be a trade deal if we mess up the Irish border the way Nigels want us to.

You say there will be a deal, an easy peasy one.

Now whom should a reasonable person believe:
A) US Congress. You know, the people who actually make laws in that country.
B) A Beautiful Mind on the internet.

Tough choice, isn't it?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 18 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.A.W. B.A.G. !
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 8 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 372 of 523