Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Until the next General Election when the 52% get to announce their displeasure at being democratically ignored, patronised and insulted.

Don't hold your breath on that one. Where I live is a Labour safe seat, and a majority Labour Council, and despite the incompetent way things are run, they get in every time without fail. Despite a majority leave vote, they'll still return an MP who has said openly the majority didn't know what they were voting for.

Same old, year in, year out.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much the same where I live: Conservative since 1906, councillors made up of mostly Conservative + even more right-wing residents' associations with a few Lib Dems. Labour & Greens will never ever get elected for anything. (Unless you stretch to MEPs which cover a much larger area.)

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
Can't be arsed to read and catch up from where I last was but will drop my prediction in now:

New leader of Conservative Party will speak to European leaders.
"It wasn't me - it was that wrinkly old cow" they say and then attempt to convince European leaders to accept a new proposal/deal.
Europe refuse the offer/deal. (actually a test to see how strong a leader the new PM is)
New leader comes back and cries that the EU won't listen (yup they'll be a May MK2).
New leader cancels Brexit because 'they didn't cause the mess'.
Britain grumbles a bit and accepts the new word and gets on with life.
The end.

I can see it going that way, but with a General Election somewhere in between so that cancelling Brexit is done with a mandate. There is an obvious flaw in my logic however....

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:56 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to leave the EU, or we'll never know what would have happened!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tories cant afford to have it drag on. If we get a GE while still in the EU they will be fcuked.

The question is which way are they going to go.

All out Brexit, disband parliament to get it through and risk a beheading like Charles 1st?

A stupidly soft brexit to get enough remainers onside to get it through?

Revocation of article 60 for our own good? (not serious about this one Laughing )

You know the thing that gets my goat is Ireland wagging our tail. Tell the micks to fuck off and suck it up, oh, and take your pikey cuntrymen back as well.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you mean article 50? Very Happy

Article 60 is much naughty.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 09 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls are always right are they?

Why in however many elections he stood in, did Nige never get elected as an MP?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:55 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately we don't have a system where the number of votes matters as such. The SNP had less than half the votes of the Lib Dems in the last election but the Libs got demolished.

Polls, IMO, are almost totally useless anyway as stating your voting intention to a perfect stranger is totally different to the voting booth.

To be fair the anomaly that is TBP may (hopefully) shake up Westminster some if they can keep the momentum going.

Still hoping Boris goes to Europe just to tell Juncker to poke it.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:33 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Unfortunately we don't have a system where the number of votes matters as such. The SNP had less than half the votes of the Lib Dems in the last election but the Libs got demolished.

Polls, IMO, are almost totally useless anyway as stating your voting intention to a perfect stranger is totally different to the voting booth.

To be fair the anomaly that is TBP may (hopefully) shake up Westminster some if they can keep the momentum going.

Still hoping Boris goes to Europe just to tell Juncker to poke it.

Like how UKIP got all them millions of votes but didn't furnish a single MP?

Don't delude yourself into thinking there will be a major change, that's what all the UKIP supporters did in the last one (Or one before).

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:29 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
I presume you mean article 50? Very Happy

Article 60 is much naughty.

Embarassed

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like how UKIP got all them millions of votes but didn't furnish a single MP?

Don't delude yourself into thinking there will be a major change, that's what all the UKIP supporters did in the last one (Or one before).

This is very true. In the 2015 GE, UKip polled four times as many votes as the SNP. But got only one seat, whilst the SNP got 56.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 10 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why the big 2 parties don't want proportional representation and when they had the referendum/vote on it they watered it down so much it still wouldn't have hurt them.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:16 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Economists have been "taken by surprise" over the wage growth in the UK over the last year (3.4%). Why doesn't that surprise me? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:07 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if it turns out Brexit is actually impossible? Has anyone considered this?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe is fucked either way:

We leave, one of their three largest revenue streams disappears. Britain fails to sink into the sea and becomes the money laundering capital of the world a financial powerhouse.

We stay and hang around like a bad smell causing trouble and vetoing everything in sight.

Only the "neither Arthur nor Martha" deal would stave off calamity. May gave it a good go but it's dead now.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:
Economists have been "taken by surprise" over the wage growth in the UK over the last year (3.4%). Why doesn't that surprise me? Laughing

What's the cost of living stats in the same time period?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:31 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't we still shy of pre collapse in 2008?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:

What's the cost of living stats in the same time period?

I'm sure the economists could tell you Laughing

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:46 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Until the next General Election when the 52% get to announce their displeasure at being democratically ignored, patronised and insulted.

Don't hold your breath on that one. Where I live is a Labour safe seat, and a majority Labour Council, and despite the incompetent way things are run, they get in every time without fail. Despite a majority leave vote, they'll still return an MP who has said openly the majority didn't know what they were voting for.

I've always held the view, that if you have a labour MP or councillor then you live in a shxt place.

If you have a labour MP and a Conservative councillor, you can guarantee you live in the nice part of a shxt town.

If you have a labour councillor and you live in a town with a Conservative MP, my guess is you live on a council estate.

BTW Both my MP and Councillor is Tory.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 11 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:

I've always held the view, that if you have a labour MP or councillor then you live in a shxt place.

If you have a labour MP and a Conservative councillor, you can guarantee you live in the nice part of a shxt town.

If you have a labour councillor and you live in a town with a Conservative MP, my guess is you live on a council estate.

BTW Both my MP and Councillor is Tory.

Live in the North, working class area. Lucky enough to have a high turnover of councillors, unfortunately not the MP.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:52 - 12 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Much the same here. Mine keeps threatening to leave but never does.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 392, 393, 394 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 393 of 523