Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 13 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Huh... I wonder if "May's Delay" will actually be a blessing: allowing more time to prepare for a No-Deal Brexit.

We have been preparing for "no deal" Brexit since 2016. A couple of billion approximately has been spent so far. It has been all over the news from time to time since then. Total budget committment to preparations was in fact over £4bn.

It's still not ideal. Some sort of leaving arrangement would undoubtabl be best, but it must not tie us to the "eu" as old corbyn and his controllers have in mind.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:53 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Finally! We have our freedom... now what the fuck do we do?"

Hopefully not fuck it up like Africa Wink
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

It's still not ideal. Some sort of leaving arrangement would undoubtabl be best, but it must not tie us to the "eu" as old corbyn and his controllers have in mind.

People forget that Corbyn is a Eurosceptic of long standing. Hes a far better man for the job of Brexit than the bandwagon rider Boris.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
"Finally! We have our freedom... now what the fuck do we do?"

Hopefully not fuck it up like Africa Wink

Dont fret, the Tories are going to sell us off to Murica Corp. So we will be looked after.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Dont fret, the Tories are going to sell us off to Murica Corp. So we will be looked after.

Is that one of those NHS being sold comments?

If so, you do realise, America just want the ability to sell to the NHS, not take it over?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
People forget that Corbyn is a Eurosceptic of long standing. Hes a far better man for the job of Brexit than the bandwagon rider Boris.

Corbyn will never lead this country, he's a complete moron.
Appointing Diane Abbott as Shadow Home Secretary is concrete proof of that.

I don't trust his judgement on which end of a bounty bar to open, let alone his judgements of national interest.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:02 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:

Is that one of those NHS being sold comments?

If so, you do realise, America just want the ability to sell to the NHS, not take it over?

No its not. My contention is the Tory party is just a subsidiary of Murica Corp. All those Tory Ministers lining up for their places on the boards of US companies and lobbying firms. Why do you think Trump got his state visit? The Tories are traitorous bastrds ready to sell us all out at the drop of a hat.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Boris backed Brexit from pretty much the word go. What was Corbyn doing?
Apart from talking to the IRA, Hamas, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Why do you think Trump got his state visit? The Tories are traitorous bastrds ready to sell us all out at the drop of a hat.

Have American presidents never visited under labour leaderships?

Nothing is being sold to America, you're either terribly informed or a fantasist.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Corbyn will never lead this country, he's a complete moron.
Appointing Diane Abbott as Shadow Home Secretary is concrete proof of that.

I don't trust his judgement on which end of a bounty bar to open, let alone his judgements of national interest.

He will bankrupt this country. Open the borders to anyone. Cut our armed forces back to a third world level and drop us in the total sh1t.

The only good thing is he is such an utter idiot he can't take advantage of the Conservatives utter disarray.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

He will bankrupt this country. Open the borders to anyone. Cut our armed forces back to a third world level and drop us in the total sh1t.

The only good thing is he is such an utter idiot he can't take advantage of the Conservatives utter disarray.

We've had 40 years of right wing financial policies (blair and brown adopted tory banking policy) and look at the state of things.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold Macmillan wrote:
You've never had it so good!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

We've had 40 years of right wing financial policies (blair and brown adopted tory banking policy) and look at the state of things.

We need an adjustment to the left for a while, to sort some of the social injustices that have arisen in that time. That doesn't mean we need to go full-on Marxist.
I want to have both Labour and Tory parties I could reasonably vote for, not extremists at either end of the spectrum. I want the two ideologies to balance each other out, with the option to go a little in either direction at election times as needs require. One reason I've never really understood dyed-in-the-wool support for either. As for the Lib Dems, wtf are they supposed to stand for? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:22 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

We need an adjustment to the left for a while, to sort some of the social injustices that have arisen in that time. That doesn't mean we need to go full-on Marxist.
I want to have both Labour and Tory parties I could reasonably vote for, not extremists at either end of the spectrum. I want the two ideologies to balance each other out, with the option to go a little in either direction at election times as needs require. One reason I've never really understood dyed-in-the-wool support for either. As for the Lib Dems, wtf are they supposed to stand for? Laughing

Never go full retard!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Corbyn wants to tie us to the EU, rather than have a hard Brexit like the one the outgoing PM would have had. He isn't very eurosceptic at all if you ask me, and his controllers - starmer, watson, mcdonnel, that fat woman for instance - certainly are notr eurosceptic. The power does not reside in corbyn.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 14 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think a way, or ways, has/have to be found for large businesses and corporations to contribute more to help with the problems at the 'bottom' of society, when things are going wrong there. The capitalist system itself needs some tweaking, I think, since it has changed, or become exaggerated, or is having an ever greater effect, sometimes detrimental, on societal structure. This is going to become ever more important as new technology replaces people in the workplace, unless we find new things where people can earn a living. But for now, we need government that turns more attention to some of the social issues, positively interferes - the consequences of NOT doing so we are already seeing.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:29 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip YFPOS wrote:
I still think a way, or ways, has/have to be found for large businesses and corporations to contribute more to help with the problems at the 'bottom' of society, when things are going wrong there. The capitalist system itself needs some tweaking, I think, since it has changed, or become exaggerated, or is having an ever greater effect, sometimes detrimental, on societal structure. This is going to become ever more important as new technology replaces people in the workplace, unless we find new things where people can earn a living. But for now, we need government that turns more attention to some of the social issues, positively interferes - the consequences of NOT doing so we are already seeing.

This is where Labours plan for RBS and the creation of an investment bank specifically for encouraging small local businesses and start ups is a great idea. Labour are the only party that seem to be trying to takle thechanges in how we will work in the future.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the answer is for companies to pay a higher wage?
The problem is people might be working a job full time but current wage levels mean they're living beneath the poverty line. It's not that persons fault that they need support (benefits) to raise their income to a suitable level.

I still say, pay a fair wage which means no benefits paid to support those people. That means savings by government and hopefully we pay less tax for it.

Once people are paid a fair wage, they then have disposable income which means spending which boosts the economy.
You cannot strangle wages and think it will help a country.

Something controversial: How about that £39 Billion or whatever is instead given/shared out to the British people? That's £500k for every person in the country. Imagine the boost for the country as a whole.
You will also then see the hidden residents wanting their share and we can thus throw them out!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 15 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:

Something controversial: How about that £39 Billion or whatever is instead given/shared out to the British people? That's £500k for every person in the country. Imagine the boost for the country as a whole.
You will also then see the hidden residents wanting their share and we can thus throw them out!

I am sure lots of people will come up with problems with that. However, I am also sure that if the government came along and said, "do you want £500k, free and clear?", none of them would say no Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 395 of 523