Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

So your maps and my maps are the same, both show what will be left from the UK in case of hard Brexit:

https://i.imgur.com/8tVPnBQ.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Freedom has a value all of its own.

Freedom Laughing Oh wait you were serious... Who says you will get this? You're trading one master for other masters. There are several fundamental problems with this oh we'll be free mentality.

Arrow First off the UK is not anywhere near self sufficient in food. If you cannot feed your nation then you don't have a nation. Many nation states through history have failed to realise this aspect.

If you import more you open up yourself to other nations advantages. NZ can produce lamb cheaper. The US agricultural machine has bankrupted the farmers of many nations. So you can feed yourself but you lose food independence and thus you're beholden to them instead and have even less food independence.

Also there is a reason they don't import food because protectionism (EU protectionism works both ways) and also food standards.

Food also has a problem of scale. Do you ship 50,000 tons to the UK or 50,000,000 tons to bigger nations? Which one would make more sense? Scale applies to things which require materials too.

Arrow The next bit is about overheads.

If you look around you'll notice a lot of UK stuff isn't owned by UK companies. They are owned by profit seeking companies from various nations. So you or the government (you effectively) have to pay rent to use it. This rent doesn't get recycled it leaves the country. So you have to contend with higher costs you can do nothing to reduce. The nuclear power plants with a £95 strike price are an indicator of this.

Well the state could feasibly seize those companies but that would turn you into Valenzuela

No amount of screaming freedom will alter those two facts.

Food and overheads.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Classic case of correlation not proving causation. Increased GDP drives the immigration. Nice try though Wink

Well, yes, if we run the country down sufficiently, nobody will want to come here. Less immigration. Taking back control!

civvy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, it's not all bad - let's stop talking the country down.

https://i.imgur.com/LN58czx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nnHS9b6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/B3wMQ8m.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TeT5M1m.jpg

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 24 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

civvy wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/MKjBqNG.png

going well as far as i can see !
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:28 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

That just goes to show how thick some people are.

Apparently there is no Northern Ireland, according to the tool who produced that map. Rolling Eyes

They feel that we are nationalists and are hoping that redrawing our map will hurt our emotions and make us want to remain in the EU. Just another sign of the defeat we have inflicted upon the remoaners. Typical snowflakes. So sad, much cry, very losers.

civvy wrote:

Typical snowflake. So sad, much cry, very loser.

https://i.imgflip.com/i4u70.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:51 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/OWTcqnj.png

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:19 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the EU isn't sufficiently generous to Britain, we should withdraw all of our forces from Eastern Europe. If they don't show us good will, they cannot expect us to offer them good will either.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Norway etc can bro Wink
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:58 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Norway etc can bro Wink

Only via the European Free Trade Association, as far as I can determine.

If we're going for an "all of the trade benefits, none of the figs given model", Turkey would seem to be the regressive petulant-child regime to emulate.

Scotchland and Nornireland tho? Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 25 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Only via the European Free Trade Association, as far as I can determine.

If we're going for an "all of the trade benefits, none of the figs given model", Turkey would seem to be the regressive petulant-child regime to emulate.

Scotchland and Nornireland tho? Laughing

#Indyref2 is well off the cards now.

I'd also consider the idea that any #indyref2 should be done by region so every Scottish region gets its voice heard. Then the rest of Scotland will have the possibility of getting rid of Glasgow.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile Philip Hammond mocks Boris and tries to woo german business - too little too late.

German finance minister leaves before Hammond's speech. That is very rude in diplomatic language and shows the level of fck EU has for the UK government - exactly zero.

Remember when I told you UK has lost 40 years diplomacy and influence in the EU based on a results from opinion poll? Tell me I was wrong. Tell me what influence has the UK now?

https://www.politico.eu/article/philip-hammond-mocks-boris-johnson-during-visit-to-germany/

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:07 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeping

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:14 - 27 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
German finance minister leaves before Hammond's speech. That is very rude in diplomatic language

Is all we need to know, if we didn't know it already. Goodbye Val, enjoy your time in the EU. Surely?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:39 - 28 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40423629/what-was-the-role-of-cambridge-analytica-and-psychographics-in-the-eu-referendum

BrainPal?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 28 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Conspiracy horseshit from the bbc
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 28 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now May wants to have identity cards for certain minorities like EU citizens...Let me think where was the last time I have heard this?

What next identify jews? Black people? Erm.... Rolling Eyes

I have id card and find it very useful. For example when travel in EU instead using a passport.

The problem is when you start giving id cards to some people only, we all know how that one ended previously. Nazi anyone again? The ones that want to steal your freedoms and spy on you Laughing

Last edited by Val on 13:54 - 28 Jun 2017; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:32 - 28 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

tl;dw.

Is this the story that Leave paid for smarter analytics and spent their campaign money more effectively than Remoan, even when they had the benefit of millions in taxpayer funded propaganda from Whitehall?

Can't be, Brexiteers are all idiots.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 28 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:

tl;dw.

Is this the story that Leave paid for smarter analytics and spent their campaign money more effectively than Remoan, even when they had the benefit of millions in taxpayer funded propaganda from Whitehall?

Can't be, Brexiteers are all idiots.

Yes and no. Questions whether they used it at all, because if so they didny declare it. Then they basically call Adam Aarons Alexander Nix out.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:28 - 28 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's to declare, or deny? Oh, ethical issues - the "moral victory" of losers.

RU55K15 H4XX3D 8R3X1T!!!!!!1!

mogstar
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 28 Jun 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
And now May wants to have identity cards for certain minorities like EU citizens...Let me think where was the last time I have heard this?

What next identify jews? Black people? Erm.... Rolling Eyes

I have id card and find it very useful. For example when travel in EU instead using a passport.

The problem is when you start giving id cards to some people only, we all know how that one ended previously. Nazi anyone again? The ones that want to steal your freedoms and spy on you Laughing

I thought everyone had id papers/cards in Germany during the war. I don't remember May suggesting anyone wear a yellow badge as id?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 41 of 523