Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:27 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, Antifa will be too busy beating up queers.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
the UK cannot get a trade deal with Canada in the foreseeable future

So we have not yet got a FTA with Canada, which accounts for ~1.4% of our global trade, and we're using the current "eu" one, but you cannot bring yourself to say that we will get one and it should be better than the "eu's" TFA.

From "Politico":

The Canadian prime minister says a trade deal with Britain could be ‘more impactful’ than current agreement with the EU.

By Michelle Stoddart

4/12/18, 1:00 PM CET

Updated 4/12/18, 3:38 PM CET

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Brexit will allow Canada and the U.K. to forge a larger and "more impactful" trade relationship than the current agreement with the European Union, according to the Times.

Trudeau said he is willing to open formal trade negotiations "the day after Brexit" next year. He assured that trade between the U.K. and Canada would continue seamlessly.

Canada said it will use the current agreement, the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), as the starting point for negotiations. But, Trudeau said they can go beyond that agreement for "an even better or larger or more impactful deal."

"There will be things in CETA that are no longer as necessary between Canada and the U.K. and there'd be other areas where we would be interested in going further," he said.

"Trade deals are always challenging but it should be fairly easy for all of us to get to an improved approach on trade between Canada and the U.K.," he added.

Keep on sniffing the old Unicorn shit, boyo.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is entertaining....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrZv0fJmS4

Not so sure of her rationale when it comes to protecting our fishing industry though.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:42 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
the UK cannot get a trade deal with Canada in the foreseeable future

So we have not yet got a FTA with Canada, which accounts for ~1.4% of our global trade, and we're using the current "eu" one, but you cannot bring yourself to say that we will get one and it should be better than the "eu's" TFA.

From "Politico":

The Canadian prime minister says

I understand the religious belief in which there is no difference between a thing being talked about, and a thing actually existing:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Brexit, and the Word was Brexit.

However, some of us demand evidence before accepting some point of view. We may call this attitude "realism"; while quite common, it's frowned upon by the devotees:

Nigel said to him, Snowflake, because you have seen the deal, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Of course everyone has a right to believe and preach that because Trudeau said something nice, an equally nice UK-Canada deal is already here, maybe even including no tariffs on unicorn fresh and frozen.

Here's how the situation looks to a realist though:
- We have CETA in place.
- We are desperate to maintain CETA after Brexit. It's not a brave new world deal, it's merely damage control. Latest reporting reveals Canadians aren't that keen, because we will be even more desperate once we suffer no deal.
- We would love to get something better than CETA, but there is no evidence of any success. No timeline in sight. Not even evidence of any progress.

That's why I say: not in foreseeable future. Wanna argue that? Present gov.uk and gov.ca links with an agreed timeline, and I will fully retract my heresy.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:
This is entertaining....

Not so sure of her rationale when it comes to protecting our fishing industry though.

Leaving the EU, so we can stop them raping our waters is a good start.

The EU allowed Dutch fishermen to use electric trawling as a "trial" even though it's illegal. It destroys everything in it's path an decimates fish stock.

Guess who's waters it let them do this in?

I was referring to her speech and her not wanting net sizes increasing because it would reduce our catch. If we had managed our fish stocks effectively, we wouldn't need to do this now. By not doing it now, our fish stocks reduce even further. It isn't rocket-science.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:52 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
This is entertaining....

Maybe her aim is to achieve many retweets, and increase Russia Today YouTube engagement, rather than success of British fishermen? After all the person controlling the limited company she's an MEP for has been a most non-productive member of the EP fisheries committee.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayeux Tapestry loan to UK hailed as example of ‘Anglo-French co-operation’

https://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-news/bayeux-tapestry-loan-to-uk-hailed-as-example-of-anglo-french-co-operation-11364374337901

“But this is, we believe, an example of Anglo-French co-operation, of which we expect to see a great deal more in the future.”

I'm quite surprised they haven't said 'Depending on Brexit' or it won't happen if we leave the EU.

TBH I've seen it and it isn't anything special but then it does represent Frances' last victory over anyone on their own so no wonder they big it up. Whistle

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:19 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr summary of 400 pages:

Nothing useful has happened.

Thumbs Up
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:34 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Diggs wrote:

I was referring to her speech and her not wanting net sizes increasing because it would reduce our catch. If we had managed our fish stocks effectively, we wouldn't need to do this now. By not doing it now, our fish stocks reduce even further. It isn't rocket-science.

The EU manages our fish stock for us and lets other EU nations abuse it.

At least the EU has the sense to see that we need to stop landing smaller fish, in order to give the few that are left a chance of getting big enough to reproduce....

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

https://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-news/bayeux-tapestry-loan-to-uk-hailed-as-example-of-anglo-french-co-operation-11364374337901

“But this is, we believe, an example of Anglo-French co-operation, of which we expect to see a great deal more in the future.”

I'm quite surprised they haven't said 'Depending on Brexit' or it won't happen if we leave the EU.

TBH I've seen it and it isn't anything special but then it does represent Frances' last victory over anyone on their own so no wonder they big it up. Whistle

Point of order: the Normans weren't French.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:16 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Point of order: the Normans weren't French.

As far as the French are concerned they are. As far as I am concerned they are. Therefore in my post they are garlic smelling, onion carrying, beret wearing froggies OK?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one gives a flying fuck what the French think. The Normans were ethnically a different people having descended from Scandinavians settlers and raiders. William was due the crown anyway, it's Harold who was the usurper.

Why you'd want to believe the Franks were up to the job I have no idea. Secret frog lover?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
No one gives a flying fuck what the French think. The Normans were ethnically a different people having descended from Scandinavians settlers and raiders. William was due the crown anyway, it's Harold who was the usurper.

Why you'd want to believe the Franks were up to the job I have no idea. Secret frog lover?

They were immigrants. It shows what happens when you allow immigrants across the channel polluting our Saxon heritage.

And Harold would have won if his men hadn't been dog tired from fighting and then marching for a few days to get to Hastings.

Devious little frog bastard cheated as well. Folded arms

Oh, and did you know when he died he was so fat the had to break his body to fit it in his coffin and it stank the church out, the smelly fat froggie.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:53 - 04 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny view of history sticking up for the Saxon invaders! I'm glad the Normans came along to put them in their place.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:14 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

They were immigrants. It shows what happens when you allow immigrants across the channel polluting our Saxon heritage.

I presume this is meant tongue in cheek, given that the Saxons originally came from what is now part of northern Germany.... Shocked

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I presume this is meant tongue in cheek, given that the Saxons originally came from what is now part of northern Germany.... Shocked

Really? Did they?

My dreams are shattered. I thought God placed them on this little island to ward off the threats of the druids.

He moves in mysterious ways you know.

(that's a joke just in case your humour lobotomy has kicked in. And yes, I do know where the various tribes came from).

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I didn't mean to offend.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:29 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only do that when you post pictures of the Abbopotamus. That is offensive. Wink

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
You only do that when you post pictures of the Abbopotamus. That is offensive. Wink

That reminds me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLzBlcX04Q4

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:10 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Neil gave some silly Remain-supporting woman a good grilling on "This Week" last night. She couldn't answer how appointing a fresh (lol) bunch of corrupt federalists to EU executive positions would help ease the Europe-wide backlash against them. Usual rubbish about "b-b-but, trade!" Laughing Portillo made her look very silly.
As if trade can only take place if there is an EU superstate Rolling Eyes
Hell, what do I know, maybe that is the EU outlook.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 289 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 401 of 523