Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:24 - 05 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
maybe that is the EU outlook.

Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 06 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite surprised by this; sense in the Labour party:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/06/kinnock-says-corbyn-should-order-labour-to-back-may-brexit-deal

"Stephen Kinnock: Corbyn should order MPs to back May’s Brexit deal"
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:33 - 06 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the Kinnocks have proven to be as untrustworthy as the Blairs...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jobs being lost in Germany Shocked No way. Our resident Europhiles will be calling it fake news. Only Brexit UK can lose jobs.

https://home.bt.com/news/world-news/deutsche-bank-to-axe-18000-jobs-11364375072833

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I had to go over the article several times looking for the Brexit angle and was shocked there wasn't one.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for the customary conspiracy theory. Bank of America settled at $17 billion. The US Justice Department wanted $14 billion from Deutsche Bank but settled at half that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 08 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
There’s more to this German bank story than being let on (allegedly).

The US have apparently fined Deutche bank around $14BN for illegal activity in the sub prime crisis, in a tit for tat retaliation at the EU fining Apple for back tax of around 13BN Euros.

The EU are locking horns with Trump and it makes sense for them to sabotage our relationship with the US. I wouldn’t be surprised if pro EU forces were behind this U.K. Ambassador “leak”.

Govt should fire him and make an example of him for other civil servants to see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:50 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

The EU are locking horns with Trump and it makes sense for them to sabotage our relationship with the US. I wouldn’t be surprised if pro EU forces were behind this U.K. Ambassador “leak”.

And for this they employed Oakeshott, the sweetest друженька of Banks and Ashcroft.

Makes perfect sense Laughing

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

So you don’t think this leak could be designed to damage UK and US relations at a time when the U.K. is leaving the EU and would rely more on the US?

There’s a motive to this release.

Hey, Terry, if Brexit is so good, why would we need to rely even more on the US, surely we shouldn't have to rely on any other sovereign state !

Last edited by linuxyeti on 12:06 - 09 Jul 2019; edited 1 time in total

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Govt should fire him and make an example of him for other civil servants to see.

Yes they should, but not necessarily as an example, don't want to put off genuine whistleblowers, but yeah, gross misconduct at the very least. Howver, to be caught sending emails with that content, really does make him appear less intelligent than Trump, which he is mocking. I should point out, I'm no fan of Trump.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:42 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

And for this they employed Oakeshott, the sweetest друженька of Banks and Ashcroft.

Really, you know who leaked it? Have you thought about making your discover public?

Dear sir, it's about who published it; such leak unpublished would be entirely toothless.

It was published by Brexiteers, and the person (Farage) so active in resulting media slandering of Darroch has Banks as his wealthy middle-aged businessman lifestyle sponsor. They are all in a Brussels-organised plot for sure Laughing
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 09 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Really, you know who leaked it? Have you thought about making your discover public?

Irony.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think enough people pause and think "will this make things better or worse..." Sad

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Merkel's involvement may be about to come to an end.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/angela-merkel-seen-shaking-in-public-for-third-time-in-a-month/ar-AAE7IYz?ocid=spartanntp

Time for a career change. Elvis impersonator or GILF wanking service perhaps?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Looks like Merkel's involvement may be about to come to an end.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/angela-merkel-seen-shaking-in-public-for-third-time-in-a-month/ar-AAE7IYz?ocid=spartanntp

Time for a career change. Elvis impersonator or GILF wanking service perhaps?

Stupid thing is she keeps saying 'I'm fine' when she obviously isn't. I don't expect her to be in the job much longer either.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 10 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
I don't think enough people pause and think "will this make things better or worse..." Sad

I think the last time politics was genuinely engaged in what makes things better was just after the horrors of WW2. Crying or Very sad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 11 Jul 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted for a while because I've only just got over the shock of Labour doing a U turn and wanting a 'people's vote' (and backing Remain).

And Diggs yeah Merkel is shaking like she's on the disco waltzer. It reminds me of me when i came off the pop.

I think it's anxiety. If you look at her in the latest video, she's taking deep breaths (a relaxation technique).
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 281 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 402 of 523