Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 09 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing about the disaster reports, they suppose that we'll be hit by the changed circumstances and we won't respond, we'll just go under. Even the IMF report has suggestions like education, re-training and a mobile workforce to address the impact of Brexit.

Easy-X, were you formerly known as M.C? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:07 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I have just seen on the news that if Corbyn puts in a vote of no confidence in the government when the politicians come back and wins, the government can time the general election to ensure we leave on said date even with no deal and there is f-all the politicians can do about it. Shocked

Laughing Laughing

That would be a cracker

It's not quite as straightforward as that.

Assuming a no confidence vote goes straight through, the earliest a GE can be called is 25th October, but Boris has to approach HRH and recommend a date, so it's likely he would recommend 1st November, in which case we leave the EU, then the GE happens the next day.

But the whole thing involves embroiling HRH in party politics and I don't know if anyone has the minerals to put her in that position, its definitely a path less trodden and could lead to an even bigger constitutional crisis than the one we have at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 options left for the UK now:

1. No Deal.
2. GE.
3. Revoke Article 50.

Parliament is the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law. Means Parliament can vote a LAW to #RevokeArticle50.
INB4 no time for that - well MPs can enact emergency Act of Parliament to revoke A50. Yvette Cooper got her act in law in 3 days.

I personally prefer No Deal now. My money are in Euros long time ago anyway.

Honestly nobody wants you in EU anymore. Literally no-one. Even Le Pen and Orban. German magazine Stern cover (with picture of Johnson in suit standing like a prick and looking literally deranged):
What is wrong with you Britain?

Macron do warned the others NOT to give 6 months extension to the UK, just few weeks until end of April 2019. Moderate Merkel and Tusk have won last time. We all see now Macron was right. No more favors 31 Oct and you're kicked out of the EU. Barnier is polite and wants a deal because this is literally his job. But EU voters don't want the UK. No offence, but No Deal will cost the EU 0.25% of our GDP. Meh...

I would personally give 10% of my pay to see the back of Johnson his racists mates Farage, Trump and the UK. If UK wants to be in the EU again it will take many years and a lot of humble pie eating to let you in again. Good luck. Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet you're still here. You obviously know which side your bread is buttered.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:37 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Literally, good for you.

Are you literally going to fuck off now, like you literally said you would?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Minty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Val wrote:

Val wrote:

And there are 2 options only left:

Make your mind up. Rolling Eyes

No wonder people don't take your ramblings seriously.

Orly? Laughing

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:00 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:

Oh, you might ask how I arrive at this conclusion - I use my life experience that tells me when you take two extremes of an argument, as we see here, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The thing is, we know enough. The discussion isn't about whether you'll scrape through following the jump from 11th floor, it's about whether it's a good idea to jump at all.

There are people who jump for a living. Stunts and sportspeople with deep first hand experience: they will tell you that it could be kinda done from the 3rd floor, after years of training, with careful planning and expensive equipment. And even then it's risky.

Then you have some people who are highly competent in mechanics and trauma. Those keep telling you that there's no way you will escape unscathed, and that the likelihood of a bad injury is extremely high.

On the other side you have some politicians who tell you that the jump is a splendid thing, because you can soar into the sky like an eagle. Don't listen to the practitioners and theoreticians, they say, for the future is uncertain, and no one can prove that it will end bad, they can only guess. It will be grand, they say, with everyone flying like anything, if only all these naysayers would shut up.

There is no truth lying in the middle in this case. I said it before here a few posts here: in many cases an opinion that is moderate or not polarised isn't inherently desirable.

Examples: Royal Society vs Flat Earth Society, medical professionals vs anti vaxxers, law enforcement vs law breakers. In these very polarised debates there's no golden middle way.

In case of Brexit, the practitioners are businesspeople. They are almost unanimous: it will be bad. Just one example, from the people who manage 5000 (five thousand) shops between themselves: https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/07/as-bad-as-it-gets-grocery-giants-warn-on-brexit-no-deal/

The theoreticians are economists, with an example being IMF linked earlier. Based on their knowledge, they say: recession.

On the other side you have politicians, with no experience of doing business, and no economic knowledge. They say: jump away, old chap.

Truth in the middle? Please.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:52 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter anymore what anyone says. People are now so polarised in their view they aren't going to change.

We have to leave the EU. There is no choice or we will never get any stability back politically.

If we stay, even if somehow parliament revoked article 50 it would solve nothing. Farage and the Brexit party are not going to disappear and many leave voters would support them giving the chance of another repeat leave fiasco further down the line.

The EU won't want that so expect them to tell us to fcuk off or tie ourselves in so tightly that we can't leave ie, joining the Euro, Shengen area. etc. and most of our politicians won't allow that to happen.

If we leave with a crap deal like May negotiated minus the backstop I don't think that will placate the leave voters or the Brexit party so still expect a fight at the next GE.

I can't see anything but a no deal working at the moment.

We leave. The EU won't want us back ever again so we just have to make the best of it. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU building's on fire. Damn right we better jump, and just take our chances, cos sure as hell, it's going to be bad if we don't.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
I said it before here a few posts here:

My good man, you've said quite a few things in this thread, and some of them do not seem to be exactly truthful.

cdlxxvi wrote:
Meanwhile, in a land of fairies and unicorns far, far away:
Quote:

The People want the hardest of Brexits. Anything short of flooding the Channel Tunnel will be the end of democracy, because that's what the People WANT!!!!!11111

So what is the source of that quote? Did you make it up yourself, or not?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the eu going to do to make up the fiscal deficit of the UK departure?

German and French taxpayers have a bigger contribution.

Netherlands, Italy and Spain.

It looks bad for them.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
What are the eu going to do to make up the fiscal deficit of the UK departure?

They have a couple of choices, basically "cut their coat according to their cloth". Maintain payments from the budget, more has to come from somewhere; reduce them, less will have to go somewhere.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

1. No Deal.
2. GE.
3. Revoke Article 50.

Parliament is the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law. Means Parliament can vote a LAW to #RevokeArticle50.
INB4 no time for that - well MPs can enact emergency Act of Parliament to revoke A50. Yvette Cooper got her act in law in 3 days.

Honestly nobody wants you in EU anymore. Literally no-one. Even Le Pen and Orban. German magazine Stern cover (with picture of Johnson in suit standing like a prick and looking literally deranged):
What is wrong with you Britain?

Macron do warned the others NOT to give 6 months extension to the UK, just few weeks until end of April 2019. Moderate Merkel and Tusk have won last time. We all see now Macron was right. No more favors 31 Oct and you're kicked out of the EU. Barnier is polite and wants a deal because this is literally his job. But EU voters don't want the UK. No offence, but No Deal will cost the EU 0.25% of our GDP. Meh...

I would personally give 10% of my pay to see the back of Johnson his racists mates Farage, Trump and the UK. If UK wants to be in the EU again it will take many years and a lot of humble pie eating to let you in again. Good luck. Thumbs Up

Laughing

this is why remain couldn't win another referendum, you dont care enough and have come to your senses that it's a matter of when we leave, not if.

Shoulda voted for the brexit deal May did if you wanted an easy life, but now all your rights will be stripped away to the bare bones.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Shoulda voted for the brexit deal May did if you wanted an easy life, but now all your rights will be stripped away to the bare bones.

It's interesting to see who did and did not vote for it in parliament. I'm adding a little graphic to show that.

NOTES:

The Conservarive "against" number is made up of only about a dozen ERG members (out of about 60), the rest being "Remainers".

The "Against" number includes almost all Labour (party political reasons), and all the SNP, unlibdems, the IG as were, and the DUP who are the only ones who might have an excuse, plus a few others, and the green.

I think it's extremely revealing. Basically all Leavers (bar a dozen) voted for it, all the remainers voted against (because we would have left the EU!).

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Val wrote:
If UK wants to be in the EU again it will take many years and a lot of humble pie eating to let you in again. Good luck. Thumbs Up

Laughing

this is why remain couldn't win another referendum, you dont care enough and have come to your senses that it's a matter of when we leave, not if.

Surely you mean your rights Laughing

I've got 3 passports now UK, EU and US. The biggest losers as always will be the people that voted for Brexit. You are not forgetting we Remain are metropolitan elite do you?
The worst that can happen to us is to have little staled avocado for breakfast Laughing Boo-hoo Cool

bnp72 and his mates will pay for all Brexit losses... Mr. Green Karma

Anyhow lets hope MPs will revoke Artcile 50 to save you humiliation.

Riejufixing wrote:

I think it's extremely revealing. Basically all Leavers (bar a dozen) voted for it, all the remainers voted against (because we would have left the EU!).

Duh...are you saying you just found out after 3 years of fight against Brexit Remainers want to stay in the EU eh?

No offence but are you living in a cave the last 3 years? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 10 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Shaft wrote:

Oh, you might ask how I arrive at this conclusion - I use my life experience that tells me when you take two extremes of an argument, as we see here, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The thing is, we know enough. The discussion isn't about whether you'll scrape through following the jump from 11th floor, it's about whether it's a good idea to jump at all.

There are people who jump for a living. Stunts and sportspeople with deep first hand experience: they will tell you that it could be kinda done from the 3rd floor, after years of training, with careful planning and expensive equipment. And even then it's risky.

Then you have some people who are highly competent in mechanics and trauma. Those keep telling you that there's no way you will escape unscathed, and that the likelihood of a bad injury is extremely high.

On the other side you have some politicians who tell you that the jump is a splendid thing, because you can soar into the sky like an eagle. Don't listen to the practitioners and theoreticians, they say, for the future is uncertain, and no one can prove that it will end bad, they can only guess. It will be grand, they say, with everyone flying like anything, if only all these naysayers would shut up.

There is no truth lying in the middle in this case. I said it before here a few posts here: in many cases an opinion that is moderate or not polarised isn't inherently desirable.

Examples: Royal Society vs Flat Earth Society, medical professionals vs anti vaxxers, law enforcement vs law breakers. In these very polarised debates there's no golden middle way.

In case of Brexit, the practitioners are businesspeople. They are almost unanimous: it will be bad. Just one example, from the people who manage 5000 (five thousand) shops between themselves: https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2019/07/as-bad-as-it-gets-grocery-giants-warn-on-brexit-no-deal/

The theoreticians are economists, with an example being IMF linked earlier. Based on their knowledge, they say: recession.

On the other side you have politicians, with no experience of doing business, and no economic knowledge. They say: jump away, old chap.

Truth in the middle? Please.

quite high.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Val wrote:
I've got 3 passports now UK, EU and US. Laughing

What's an "EU" passport? The EU isn't a country. Surely you have a Bulgaristan passport?

Quote:
The European Union itself does not issue ordinary passports, but ordinary passport booklets issued by its 28 member states share a common format

Rolling Eyes

Plus Val has chosen to obtain a US passport, a clear endorsement of Donlad J Trump and his policies. Val is a secret Trump fan Wink

Val Wub Trump

Almost sig worthy, isn't it Val?

Quote:
Val Wub Trump

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Val wrote:
I've got 3 passports now UK, EU and US. Laughing

What's an "EU" passport? The EU isn't a country. Surely you have a Bulgaristan passport?

Yes, but he's ashamed of it. Better to be "a European."

He probably made an EU passport like he makes his annotated "Brexit fact charts" - using Photoshop and crayons.

Val's profile wrote:
I'm just passin' through on my way to Australia.

I guess they said no. They're quite fussy.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:33 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Val's profile wrote:
I'm just passin' through on my way to Australia.

I guess they said no. They're quite fussy.

Oooh! Nice attribution!! I wondered where that came from.... Smile

She's been trying to get to 'Stralia for a while, hasn't she? Yes, they are fussy (and not in the "eu").

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted lads, put the women in charge..................

because they know best being diverse and inclusive Rolling Eyes

https://home.bt.com/news/latest-news/green-mp-calls-for-an-emergency-cabinet-of-women-to-stop-no-deal-brexit-11364383988323

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 11 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
All sorted lads, put the women in charge..................

because they know best being diverse and inclusive Rolling Eyes

https://home.bt.com/news/latest-news/green-mp-calls-for-an-emergency-cabinet-of-women-to-stop-no-deal-brexit-11364383988323

The greens, apart from some of their environmental policies, are raving loonies with totalitarian leanings.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 12 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Surely you mean your rights Laughing

I've got 3 passports now UK, EU and US. The biggest losers as always will be the people that voted for Brexit. You are not forgetting we Remain are metropolitan elite do you?
The worst that can happen to us is to have little staled avocado for breakfast Laughing Boo-hoo Cool

bnp72 and his mates will pay for all Brexit losses... Mr. Green Karma

Anyhow lets hope MPs will revoke Artcile 50 to save you humiliation.

Better to have rights we've voted for rather than ones we've paid for via massive corruption, you might be happy with the scraps of capitalism to shut you up, but the vast majority are not,, also notice how extreme you are in this thread and other remainers are not, the enthusiasm for remain is dead.

the only humiliation would be not following through with a vote that was campaigned on, we're not Russia here, we dont run a puppet democracy where the technocrats are untouchable.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 257 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 411 of 523