Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:20 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Eu bureaucrats don't give a shit about the good of its people, hence why unemployment is soo high and they crushed Greece , they care more about keeping the project together.

No argument there. The issue is: what do?

Rob Fzs wrote:
It does amuse me though, that the guy that slates the dvla for being useless, thinks the same civil service will be able to stop the eu taking the carpet from beneath us, the same civil service that is mostly ram packed full of remainers, worked it out yet?

no m​8 yews shortar wurds m​8 mabi il getit.

Rob Fzs wrote:
The best option is the option that gets us out of the Eu right away

We are agreeing.

Rob Fzs wrote:
all that is probably too much info though, long live Britannia etc etc

yeh m​8 rockon m​8

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I take it you've missed the US, Australia and Japan, amongst others,

Wait we're delusional? Have you actually thought about what a free trade deal actually means?

mpd72 wrote:
all creaming themselves over the prospect of finally being able to strike a quick, free trade deal with the UK, once were free of the constraints of the EU trading bloc, which still hasn't managed to do so in 20 plus effing years? Thumbs Up

Er it's not 1840 any more.

Trade means goods and services moving in both directions.

Free Trade means that while you get to operate in the economy of another nation. They get to operate in yours too. So while they open up a vulnerability... you too must do so as well.

Australia learned the hard way with their US free trade deal. Exports to the US slowed down and diminished and they were worse off because of the free trade deal.

Just consider a few case studies.

New Zealand lamb. Today and now with 0% EU tariffs (but a quota) they can produce lamb cheaper than UK farmers. The quota is a form of protectionism. Drop the protectionism and your own lamb farmers go bust as they can't compete.

Or big pharmaceuticals. The UK has a fairly big industry worth 9bn and exporting $34bn. Cool great right? Except the US has an pharmaceuticals industry worth 450bn. Their R&D budgets are bigger than the entire industry in the UK. Now you think the US phama industry won't try and break into the market of the UK phama industries? US phama is extremely predatory what with TV adverts.

Or oil. US has considerably more lax environmental laws. They can produce at a lower cost.

Or engineering US has some great engineering too. Rolls Royce for example competes against General Electric + Pratt and Whitney, Boeing, General electric. All massive massive engineering companies. You think they won't try muscle into your market?

If you say well no you can't do that or want exemptions then it's not a free trade deal and it slows down the entire process. So like I said before you are far too optimistic. Unless you think the US will give you everything you want and their companies won't try muscle into your market.

Oh and before you say I'm being dumb this is ALREADY happening. ARM for example was simply bought up by softbank. Pfizer last year tried to take over Allergan. Pfizer also tried to buy out AstraZeneca this was in 2014.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
When that nice Mr Hitler parked his Panzers in Poland, we should really have done the rational thing and capitulated. Why didn't we think of the economy?

To be honest you have tried hard beforehand, but have found that appeasment is not working?

https://slideplayer.com/6431239/22/images/4/When+Hitler+annexed+or+took+Austria+and+then+claimed+part.jpg

And later were scratching the barrel to get in the so called EU Laughing

I have a nice photo here with some data which maybe explains why:

https://i.imgur.com/uvRriP5.jpg

History is fun Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 21:11 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

UK response should be to hand Brussels a demand for the €100 billion that they owe us.

Laughing the whole idea off is a decent 2nd choice though.

Yes, and this should all be prepared well in advance and 'justified'. The justification being there as part of the negotiation.

All the best

Katy
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You lost me attention around 2 lines in. Fact, not China China China please.

I have no response whatsoever to this therefore I am resorting to my usual snowflake weak tactic of ignoring questions that I can't answer

Actually I'll change it to reflect your true self

mpd72 wrote:
MURDER MURDER MURDER MURDER

FTFY

I'll shorten it for you into three easy steps.

1 Trade is a two way process.

2 Free trade can just as easily harm your economy if they have equally good if not better companies.

3 Therefore your broken record like a trade deal with the USA will fix everything doesn't stand up to scrutiny other than pure fantasy and hope exactly the same thing you accuse anybody who disagrees with you.

Quote:
The Australia–United States free trade agreement (AUSFTA) came into force, Australia and the United States have reduced their trade by US$53 billion with rest of the world and are worse off than they would have been without the agreement.

Quote:
The agreement was responsible for reducing — or diverting — $53.1 billion of trade with the rest of the world by 2012.

Quote:
Imports to Australia and the United States from the rest of the world fell by $37.5 billion and exports to the rest of the world from the two countries fell by $15.6 billion over eight years to 2012.

Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:27 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You're too daft to understand that the EU is predominately a trading bloc to suit

Why are you deflecting? This has nothing to do with what you said. You said a free trade deal with the US and other nations would be great.

I called you out on this because you were using blind faith. Exactly the accusation that you level at others. I even used some examples like Pharma the US industry is much bigger than the UK industry.

mpd72 wrote:
German manufacturing.

Yeah well maybe Germany makes things people want to buy? So yeah? Why don't you drive a British car? Why do you choose to line the pockets of BMW?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
When that nice Mr Hitler parked his Panzers in Poland, we should really have done the rational thing and capitulated. Why didn't we think of the economy?

To be honest you have tried hard beforehand, but have found that appeasment is not working?

https://slideplayer.com/6431239/22/images/4/When+Hitler+annexed+or+took+Austria+and+then+claimed+part.jpg

And later were scratching the barrel to get in the so called EU Laughing

I have a nice photo here with some data which maybe explains why:

https://i.imgur.com/uvRriP5.jpg

History is fun Laughing

Keep it for your special thread, the grown ups are talking Rolling Eyes

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jog on...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh wow you're so predictable.

You still haven't answered my question and you're still deflecting.

I'll reiterate.

Why is a trade deal with the US going to be so great? As I mentioned the US has some extremely large industries and these industries will want to sell things.

Of course if you don't actually have an answer then you too are using blind faith and therefore you should stop citing it as how it's going to be great as you cannot back up your claims.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:08 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Why is a trade deal with the US going to be so great?

Because it doesn't necessarily have to be a free trade deal. It'll be the deal that we negotiate, not the one that Berlin forces on us.

I'll anticipate the "why would we get a better deal than Berlin?" question, and the answer is "to hack off Berlin".

If everyone acted entirely rationally we'd live in a world of perfect harmony, with apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.

Absent that, human pettiness gets a look in and nobody likes the Hun and their Fourth Reich.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:39 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough time for Merkel to issue all her 'allah boys' with a passport and mug them off onto us then... Brick Wall

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:17 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Italy's already poised to unleash the swarm by issuing EU travel visas and waving them on to Germoney, $weden and Treasure Island.

My question to those CBI moguls would be: why aren't you "transitioning" towards paying a living wage to UK staff now?

The answer of course being that they won't do it until they have no other choice, so this talk of a "period" is silly dissembling. Regardless of how gentle a slope they're offered, they'll choose to turn it into a cliff edge.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Jog on...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh wow you're so predictable.

You still haven't answered my question and you're still deflecting.

I'll reiterate.

Why is a trade deal with the US going to be so great? As I mentioned the US has some extremely large industries and these industries will want to sell things.

Of course if you don't actually have an answer then you too are using blind faith and therefore you should stop citing it as how it's going to be great as you cannot back up your claims.

Deal with the US will be shit, we'll end up with all their gear tariff free and we'll be stuck with a load of quota's on our stuff going there killing any industry we have left , nevermind the massive gap in regulatory bureaucracy that will take years and years to matchup because no one factory is going to produce 2 product lines
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Itchy wrote:
China China China

So just to re-iterate. If we leave the EU single market we're fecked because free trade deals are needed to make our economy work.

But if we strike free trade deals, free of the constraints of the EU, with proper economies like the US and Japan, we're fecked because free trade deals are bad?

Mkay..... Laughing

They're pretty shit, it's why China is always in dispite with the WTO, they're protectionist as fuck but will happily let tards like you, buy all their crap in, tariff free while they have tariffs and quota's on anything you sell to them , sounds like a crap deal for anyone that makes anything to sell, which is what you want more of? Laughing

And no i don't give a shit what you want to happen, this is what does happen, China have only just let the US sell them Rice, so what chance of we got with fuck all negotiating experience when the americans struggle to get their market over there
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

The eu has been negotiating trade deals for the last 20 years,

Hang on, I think you're trying to be serious - I can't sniff sarcasm?! Laughing
Out of these trade deals, you know the completed ones, are there any decent sized economies?

Let's just post the complete list of completed EU ones for shits n giggles.

Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Albania
Algeria
Andorra
Bailiwick of Guernsey
Bailiwick of Jersey
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Chile
Egypt
EU's Overseas Countries and Territories

Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland
Isle of Man
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Mexico
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Morocco
Norway
Palestinian Authority
Republic of Macedonia
San Marino
Serbia
South Africa
South Korea
Switzerland
Tunisia
Turkey
Ukraine

Rob Fzs wrote:
we haven't negotiated a trade deal since the 1960's ,we don't have a single trade negotiator that is British, we've just borrowed one off New Zealand, if you think they won't pull the wool over our eyes, you're dreaming

So we're not part of the EU too then? I'd say we've completed as many as Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Portugal etc... You get the idea.

Rob Fzs wrote:
Eff off option doesn't exist, the second the m25 becomes a lorry park because we're classed as a 3rd country, westminster will roll over and give in to all the Eu's demands, we don't have nigel fucking farage in power here, we've got a parliament that is 70/ 30 remainers and they will do whatever it takes to have the easy option, at least with the Norway option, we're out of the Eu rather than some stupid WTO option where the ECJ will be the one that does all trade disputes.

I don't believe your doom and gloom. This is all in your head, it's pure fantasy. I'll leave it if that's OK by you?
I take it you've missed the US, Australia and Japan, amongst others, all creaming themselves over the prospect of finally being able to strike a quick, free trade deal with the UK, once were free of the constraints of the EU trading bloc, which still hasn't managed to do so in 20 plus effing years? Thumbs Up

You're thick as shit, they have numerous deals with all these big economies, mostly tarrif free up to a point to protect domestic industries, if you don't understand this, then you are too dumb to relise the damage unfettered free trade does.

People cant benefit from it when they have no job, because all the jobs have been taken by people who can build and make, the things they used to make abroad, because tarrifs have been removed. wake up.

Do tell me, why do you want tarrif free access to crap from these countries? how are you going to benefit, when the benefits bill from peoples lost jobs will no doubt put your tax bill up more ?

Do tell me how regulatory equivalence for all these different systems is going to be sorted 'quick'

Let me guess, you'll read that as saying it cant be done, it can, but not at a damaging stupid way of doing it such as you suggest, whats the rush? are you going to die soon or something?!?

Australia has fuck all people to buy our stuff anyway, so how are we going to benefit from that?

It's common sense really, when you get a bike tank painted, you can have it quick and cheap, but it will be shit wont it, the same goes for trade deals.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Deal with the US will be shit, we'll end up with all their gear tariff free and we'll be stuck with a load of quota's on our stuff going there killing any industry we have left , nevermind the massive gap in regulatory bureaucracy that will take years and years to matchup because no one factory is going to produce 2 product lines

I'm getting deja vu...

Again, pure guesswork. Your entire opinion of our leaving the EU is pure fantasy isn't it?

Why don't you wait to see what happens and give it a chance, instead of dreaming of Armageddon, just to prove you were right to vote Remain?

It's not guess work, this is reality, if you want to leave it to chance, then i needn't say more....
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

They're pretty shit, it's why China is always in dispite with the WTO, they're protectionist as fuck but will happily let tards like you, buy all their crap in, tariff free while they have tariffs and quota's on anything you sell to them , sounds like a crap deal for anyone that makes anything to sell, which is what you want more of? Laughing

And no i don't give a shit what you want to happen, this is what does happen, China have only just let the US sell them Rice, so what chance of we got with fuck all negotiating experience when the americans struggle to get their market over there

Oh really? When did the EU negotiate a free trade deal with China China China? I must have blinked and missed it.

I don't suppose you have tonight's lottery numbers whilst your spelling out the future with such certainty?

https://www.euwid-recycling.com/news/policy/single/Artikel/china-notifies-wto-of-pending-scrap-import-ban.html

China is not protectionist eh??
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 278 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 46 of 523