Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Would you let the Chinese be in charge of making our steel for the navy rather than have the

Uh (red top but still)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/royal-navys-new-8billion-warships-10786850 65% Swedish steel.

Rob Fzs wrote:
protection of our own industry, because they don't seem to have an issue with slapping tariffs here there and everywhere, do they?

Sure, and why do you think they do this? To protect jobs and living standards there.

Rob Fzs wrote:

rationing and 6 weeks left of food in the entire country, reckless policy.

Things may not have improved. Lord Cameron a few years back said the UK has 9 meals supply of food. This was evident when Felixstowe closed during a really hard winter.

Rob Fzs wrote:

MDP seems to be part of the unilateral removal of tariffs club, for some ideological goal to beat Germany, rather than common sense.

It's not so much that. It's more be careful what you wish for you might get it.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:33 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

MDP seems to be part of the unilateral removal of tariffs club, for some ideological goal to beat Germany, rather than common sense.

Nope, you're not listening. That's not what I said is it. Here, I know you've got short term selective memory loss, so here it is again! Wink

mpd72 wrote:
I want trade deals which will benefit us, not Germany. It's not hard to grasp the concept. This may not include free trade deals, in fact Germany having to pay tariffs to the UK could be beneficial for us.

Germany wouldn't pay any tariff, the importer pays the tariff to their own government, so you either put them out of business with the tariff bill they have , or they would buy their goods elsewhere with a 0 tariff, so whats the point?

This is why i don't understand what you;re saying, because you don't understand how tariffs work
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:34 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Would you let the Chinese be in charge of making our steel for the navy rather than have the

Uh (red top but still)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/royal-navys-new-8billion-warships-10786850 65% Swedish steel.

Rob Fzs wrote:
protection of our own industry, because they don't seem to have an issue with slapping tariffs here there and everywhere, do they?

Sure, and why do you think they do this? To protect jobs and living standards there.

Rob Fzs wrote:

rationing and 6 weeks left of food in the entire country, reckless policy.

Things may not have improved. Lord Cameron a few years back said the UK has 9 meals supply of food. This was evident when Felixstowe closed during a really hard winter.

Rob Fzs wrote:

It's not so much that. It's more be careful what you wish for you might get it.

Ta Da
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
tell me about this deal with the EU, who will be the court of arbitration to organise trade disputes?

How are you getting on avoiding this extensive list of RoW top5 economies free trade deal which the EU is busting at the seams with?

I'll take the deafening silence as an admission of being wrong and making stuff up to suit your pro EU agenda. Thumbs Up

i don't think you understand at all really, i've linked you to the deals on customs cooperation, then you have WTO rules which are very close to being tarrif free and you then have a customs union that unilaterally puts tariffs on things or removes then up to a point TO PROTECT DOMESTIC INDUSTRY, just like we have voted for.

Come back when you understand tarrifs, yeh? Not that it matters as you don't want free trade now :S
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be back this evening to roast you @mdp Thumbs Up
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEFRA 2012

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/183302/foodpocketbook-2012edition-09apr2013.pdf#page=42

UK food suppliers have 10 days worth of food. Fresh and chilled food stuffs are not reported.

DEFRA 201

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/608426/foodpocketbook-2016report-rev-12apr17.pdf

Page 31 retailers

Quote:
The industry has largely reduced warehouse stock levels. 72% of manufacturers and 65% of
retailers have made at least some reduction. The majority of retail supply chains have between one and four weeks of stock, with suppliers tending to hold higher levels of stock than retailers. For fresh produce, stock levels can sometimes be only 24 hours or less.

Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:02 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Germany wouldn't pay any tariff, the importer pays the tariff to their own government, so you either put them out of business with the tariff bill they have , or they would buy their goods elsewhere with a 0 tariff, so whats the point?

This is why i don't understand what you;re saying, because you don't understand how tariffs work

Or, UK manufactured goods would suddenly become more competitive against German manufacturing, to the tune of the tariff imposed, forcing the manufacturer of the imported goods to lower their prices, lowering their profits.

Correct?

Who imports German cars? Could it be the German manufacturer's UK arm by chance?

People wont care much for paying extra on German cars though? most are bought via hire contract so at best it might be an fiver a month extra, you then fuck up the likes of Vauxhall here who import bits from all over the place because of this fantasy of tarrifs making it pay, it'll just make them more uncompetative in the overall car market

I'd like to know, how you think the tariff money the government will get, will benefit suppliers? it won't it'll go to fund some girl band in derka derkastan or something

At best, there will be very little economic to brexit, the real benefit is becoming a self governing country again Thumbs Up
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:05 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Making things up again because i don't understand international trade other than what the Express told me.

read what i put, they have plenty of deals in place, i even linked you to a few Wink

can you give me the figures of how much we would benefit from these said trade deals? i can quote you the figures if you like, it's not good news
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
DEFRA 2012

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/183302/foodpocketbook-2012edition-09apr2013.pdf#page=42

UK food suppliers have 10 days worth of food. Fresh and chilled food stuffs are not reported.

DEFRA 201

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/608426/foodpocketbook-2016report-rev-12apr17.pdf

Page 31 retailers

Quote:
The industry has largely reduced warehouse stock levels. 72% of manufacturers and 65% of
retailers have made at least some reduction. The majority of retail supply chains have between one and four weeks of stock, with suppliers tending to hold higher levels of stock than retailers. For fresh produce, stock levels can sometimes be only 24 hours or less.

Good idea not to decimate industry with pointless free trade tory boy mantra such as what MDP spouts then
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mdp, what is soo wrong with rejoining EFTA and continuing the EEA agreement?

We're out of the ECJ and we can arrange our own trade deals eventually
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:46 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/07/24/welcome-to-the-trade-war-china-imposes-tariffs-on-eu-us-and-japanese-steel-imports/#7ccd999a505d
This is the reality, this is why there are no free trade deals between major nations, why would you sell your own industry down the river ? Laughing

Is your point that all trade deals are bad, or that the UK won't be able to negotiate any trade deals? Thinking

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Is your point that all trade deals are bad, or that the UK won't be able to negotiate any trade deals? Thinking

Trade deals can be bad. The current trade deal right now with the EU is considered to be bad by some parties. This does not automatically mean that all future trade deals will be good or bad. The trade deals could be considerably worse or considerably better.

The issue here of course is that ALL future trade deals are being viewed as positive when clearly this is not the case.

AUSFTA had both sides lose out from diverted trade.

KORUS is an example of when one side doesn't play fair protecting its own market.

Like I said you expect the 450bn US pharma industry won't want a piece of the UK industry? Pzier have tried numerous times.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:24 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
At best, there will be very little economic to brexit, the real benefit is becoming a self governing country again Thumbs Up

I'm afraid you won't get this in anything other than hollow rhetoric.

Go see the film Lawrence of Arabia. At the end various Arab tribes have taken over various public utilities of Damascus. They do this to gain a stake and power over what they think will be their new country. Many of the utilities are damaged from the fighting. General Allenby deliberately prevents British engineers from repairing the facilities. They do this to gain control for themselves and the Sykes–Picot Agreement.

Something very similar has happened with the UK. Many of the public utilities are foreign owned. Almost all the electricity, the gas distribution and a lot of the water distribution are foreign owned as are a lot of the companies in the FTSE100.

Therefore it's almost like those sell and rent back agreements. Where you sell you home and rent it back.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola Sturgeon downgraded by Downing Street Laughing

Access DENIED: No 10 cancels Nicola Sturgeon's right to demand meetings with Theresa May
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4717102/No-10-cancels-Nicola-Sturgeon-s-right-PM-meetings.html

She should consult with someone at her own level, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Scotland Office, Lord Dunlop, is a good choice. Nicola likes a man with a black ring Wink

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 22 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you don't actually have better things to do this evening?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:02 - 22 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Access DENIED: No 10 cancels Nicola Sturgeon's right to demand meetings with Theresa May
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4717102/No-10-cancels-Nicola-Sturgeon-s-right-PM-meetings.html

About time that yappity wee terrier was smacked on the nose. The Scotch, like all savages, are either under your foot or at your throat. Thumbs Up

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:24 - 22 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
I take it you don't actually have better things to do this evening?

I don't know how intelligent debate would cope without someone too thick to understand evening and morning.

The same way it muddles on with the sort of shit you exude on a regular basis?

Can't imagine many people class twenty past midnight as morning, particularly if they've not yet been to bed.

Still night time for the normal people amongst us.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 273 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 48 of 523