Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
cdlxxvi This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Redundant). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you please stop saying 'Enter reality'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:28 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps now they will actually grow something, instead of being paid to let field stand idle, just to keep the prices up.

That's the way they got rid of the food mountains, they paid them to NOT grow anything.... WTF Mad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:23 - 26 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:
Perhaps now they will actually grow something, instead of being paid to let field stand idle, just to keep the prices up.

That's the way they got rid of the food mountains, they paid them to NOT grow anything.... WTF Mad

Totally agree.

I spent years hiking around Britain looking for the European wine lake and never found it though. Crying or Very sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...

An EU Shill wrote wrote:
More unverified, made up bollox in the vain hope that someone's views might be changed

Enter Reality:

Various BCF members wrote:
Fuck you and the bike you rode in on. Hang on, you don't even have a bike!

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:

Combine that with leaving the edges of fields untouched for several months so that the nice dickie birds can drop from the hedgerow to feast on the grasses. Enter reality: Hedgerows stuffed with berries and shelter. Farmers obliterate the hedgerow in Autumn using flail mowers. No shelter left and no winter food for the dickie birds..

A friend (I have lots of farming friends) was paid £65k to dig a pond. A pond the size of a 5-a-side pitch. A pond where a stream already ran and was wide there anyway. A pond that might get two ducks on for a few weeks.

Another farmer was paid mega bucks to add nematodes to the soil when planting his potatoes. It definitely kept the potato worms at bay. Problem was, once the potatoes were harvested the nematodes had no food and began feasting on what was left in the soil ecosystem.
Long story short that was 24 years ago and the soil is still not good. It's stale, lifeless and smells like old gas pipes when ploughed. Yearly dumpings of manures have not fixed it.

I know of a farmer who doesn't get out of bed until 10 am. He doesn't need to. He has one worker and even that worker is a lazy sod.
The reason? "The dole will pay for anything that doesn't work" he says. Yup - no attempt needed. Subsidies and compensation cover everything.
Same farmer complained to me that this year he could only afford a used Merc estate as a car. It was 4 months old..

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:47 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:

You're referring to enforced % 'set aside' which ended about 20 years ago.
Incidentally the fields left to grow weeds until late summer were found to be very good for wildlife especially for insects and birds
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farmers will moan about anything.

Dry weather - moan
Rainy weather - moan
Hot weather - moan
Cold weather - moan
In-the-middle weather - moan
Leave EU - moan
Stay in EU - moan
No wipers on helmets - moan

etc....

I did a gap year in an accountants and we had one guy in moaning that he was making too much money. This was in Lincolnshire though, where the quality of land and cheap eastern EU labour makes farmers very rich.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Migration into Britain from outside EU hits highest level ever.

379k. Wow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8050963/Migration-Britain-outside-EU-hits-highest-level-ever.html

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
GettinBetter wrote:

Totally agree.

I spent years hiking around Britain looking for the European wine lake and never found it though. Crying or Very sad

Must be in the valley between the cheese and butter mountains? Thinking

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

379k. Wow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8050963/Migration-Britain-outside-EU-hits-highest-level-ever.html

That's quite a confusing article. "Year-on-year rise in estimated non-EU net migration of 26,000 to 250,000" (people intending to stay 12 months or longer).

It's probably best to ask a question (not of me!) and then find the result in ONS data, rather than looking at a mash up of all sorts and trying to pick a single answer.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusing I agree, but it does suggest we have a rich culturally diverse problem.
In 2010, the Tory's promised to cut net migration to the tens of thousands. That was unrealistic whilst we were still in the EU, but may remain unrealistic.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:18 - 27 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC in one of their pocasts or some sh1t basically in their immigrant love in give the reasons for immigration as exactly that same as a ponzi pyramid selling scheme.

We need immigrants to look after old people.

So when immigrants get old we'll need more immigrants to look after those old farts.

And more and more and more.............

What we need to do is break that idea, but hey immigrants are untouchable.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:13 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

379k. Wow

With reduced supply of European workforce we import more from outside EU. It is an obviously obvious obviousity, or, as some call it, Project Fear.

A little side chuckle is how we're getting rid of white (ex)Christian EU settlers and introduce south- and east-Asian ones. It's wonderful for the current and future richness and diversity of British society, a fact that will surely make many Beautiful Minds overcome with joy. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgflip.com/3qoeg0.jpg

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 28 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I've noticed that over the last two weeks your patience with the number has ceased.
Admit it - you want to punch him. Laughing

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:27 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
^^ I've noticed that over the last two weeks your patience with the number has ceased.
Admit it - you want to punch him. Laughing

It (seems an appropriate pronoun for somebody who indentifies as a number) was tedious and insufferable before Jan 31st, now we've moved on, everything it says seems redundant at best, doom laden at worst, notwithstanding most of the diatribes seem to be unsubstantiated.

If I were they, I would commit suicide - I've known the bottom most depths of depression and if I thought like they do, I would've strung myself up long ago.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:38 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
GettinBetter wrote:

Combine that with leaving the edges of fields untouched for several months so that the nice dickie birds can drop from the hedgerow to feast on the grasses. Enter reality: Hedgerows stuffed with berries and shelter. Farmers obliterate the hedgerow in Autumn using flail mowers. No shelter left and no winter food for the dickie birds..

A friend (I have lots of farming friends) was paid £65k to dig a pond. A pond the size of a 5-a-side pitch. A pond where a stream already ran and was wide there anyway. A pond that might get two ducks on for a few weeks.

Another farmer was paid mega bucks to add nematodes to the soil when planting his potatoes. It definitely kept the potato worms at bay. Problem was, once the potatoes were harvested the nematodes had no food and began feasting on what was left in the soil ecosystem.
Long story short that was 24 years ago and the soil is still not good. It's stale, lifeless and smells like old gas pipes when ploughed. Yearly dumpings of manures have not fixed it.

I know of a farmer who doesn't get out of bed until 10 am. He doesn't need to. He has one worker and even that worker is a lazy sod.
The reason? "The dole will pay for anything that doesn't work" he says. Yup - no attempt needed. Subsidies and compensation cover everything.
Same farmer complained to me that this year he could only afford a used Merc estate as a car. It was 4 months old..

You are talking shite.

if the hedges wernt trimmed, you'd be moaning you couldn't pass along the footpaths/ your car getting scratched driving along the road.

The margins are usually there to stop run off, i'd much rather we could plough right up to the edge and make the most of the land available, but you do what the rule makers say.

like the rest is just stories you hear off the pissed guy in the pub, like 65k to dig a pond? you really believe that? the only way that would even be real, would be if it was taking storm surges off the hills slowing the flow of water down the valleys to stop people being flooded and whinging at the state for not doing anything, get a better story off your 'farmer' mate.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 29 Feb 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with people moaning about how shite stuff is but I do have concerns if that is the only dimension to their life.

Our favourite plank of 4x2 at least waded into the Workshop threads on occasion to pontificate about 2-strokes and off-road stuff. Whatever your views on "Proposition 476" (as they say in 'murica) if you have a fallback of being able to chat shit about bikes at least there's some neutral, uncontentious, common ground Wink

At last I see a glimmer of hope from General Bike Chat Smile

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:08 - 01 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob you sound like you live in 45 degrees land?

Shattering hedgerows right across farmland (not against roads/paths at all) is rife here. Always done, with the exception of one farm, in Autumn on hedgerows specifically planted as 'roadways and food stores for wildlife' - hedgerows paid for by grants etc. Full of various species of plant and a complete mix of foodstuffs for all wildlife. Just about every single one obliterated down to hard wood in Autumn..

Land is flat here - silts do not drain into streams. Why do they put edges on fields? The farmer loses money by doing so.

The pond? I was involved with its construction - I put the concrete overflow in. This isn't some sh*te story from a farmer. I know of the costings.
cdlxxvi This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enter reality:

aresearchorganisation wrote:
There has been a shift in preference in favour of UK being out of the EU

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now literally not reading anything with "Enter Reality" - self censorship at it's finest Laughing

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:10 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is 476 a flat out troll merchant, or is it Val?

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 02 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Is 476 a flat out troll merchant, or is it Val?

Not sure but deffo a common or garden Remain saddo. He's posting about shitty touring bikes in another thread, boring cunt.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 508 of 523