Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:
you fucking idiot, ....... a cunt like you,

Pot, meet kettle.

Back to the point Einstein.
We currently have no control how many people come across form Polzekistan, or how many people we have to pay over £10,000 in benefits too for getting a part time job, under the tax threshold, stacking shelves.

As a tax payer, I'm astounded that you can't see how it might be better if the government had some control over this. Actually, I'm not astounded at all.

The only person benefiting here is Tesco's and the like. Thankyouplease. Middle Finger

Come on, back to the point.

How many can get this mythical £10k? 5%? 0.5? 0.005?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

you two need your own thread for your bromance, just sayin.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:37 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

Come on, back to the point.

How many can get this mythical £10k? 5%? 0.5? 0.005?

Are you shitting me? The government don't even know how many million have swarmed here.

"International Passenger Survey". Look it up

The number will be as accurate as the figure of your Muslim mates currently having sexual intercourse with children in the U.K.

So what you're saying is, you don't know how many are able to do it, but it's definitely more wrong than the billions in tax evasion lost?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're avoiding the question. Badly.

How many are able to claim this magical £10k payrise?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 15 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imaginary transition deal announced by Hammond and Fox Laughing

Unicorns are in full force in the UK government Rolling Eyes

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/14/eu-brexit-transition-period-liam-fox-philip-hammond
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 17 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest NI proposal sounds more like gangster paradise:

Quote:
Smugglers, people traffickers and terrorists will go on their merry way unmolested.

What UK is proposing is 500km hole in the EU border. Apparently they are only doing it for the blame game.

Theresa May is proposing US chlorinated chicken to have free entry in the EU. That is pure BS.

You may think that proposal has been created by a bunch of offshore tax avoiding billionaire gangsters not the UK government. Wait... Shocked

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/16/uk-government-border-proposals-ireland-brexit-position-paper

Also

Quote:
Next phase of Brexit talks 'likely delayed' to December - Sky sources

Means Theresa and David know they have failed, they also know Michel Barnier will not say there has been enough progress in October round hence clutching at straws now about German elections.

This is the lamest excuse ever Laughing

Who would be the minor Merkel partner is completely irrelevant to Brexit.

Last edited by Val on 12:19 - 17 Aug 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 17 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's done for good reason. If you prefer your chicken with E-Coli

If you drop raw meat on a kitchen floor is it acceptable to pick it up and cook it? As this will kill the germs.

Or it is better than you don't drop it in the first place? Or are you a 3 second rule follower?

The EU doesn't allow washing chicken in chlorine to maintain animal welfare AND to protect domestic industries.

So sure your (imported) chicken becomes cheaper until your domestic industries cannot compete. Now you're at the mercy of those suppliers you've become dependent upon.

When you have no domestic industry to compete then you're over a barrel. So you either protect home industries with what Rob said with various domestic standards (protectionism) or you let said industries die. This is aptly demonstrated in the nuclear power thread.

Oh and you've still not answered the pharmaceuticals question.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:39 - 17 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

but we are not self sufficient in chicken, we import shedloads of it.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 17 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
but we are not self sufficient in chicken, we import shedloads of it.

Yes I've been to the tumbling plants in the Netherlands.

The point being is that you do not make a weak position weaker. If the country is what 55% food self sufficient making it 40% food self sufficient even in the absence of Juche probably isn't a good idea.

Making yourself less food self sufficient and trashing the currency (which has caused an even bigger trade deficit) just reduces living standards. It might be crazy old me but living standards are supposed to increase.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:03 - 17 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

brazil and Thailand being the biggest exporters of chicken to the uk, I take your points though and agree, mind you we have not been self sufficient in foodstuffs since at least as far back as World war one.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 21:35 - 17 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
mind you we have not been self sufficient in foodstuffs since at least as far back as World war one.

True, and I suspect that most people would not really want the UK to be self sufficient. We would likely need to turn over more land to agriculture, it would have to be more grain/vegetable based, animal agriculture would move to only those bits of land not suited to growing things (and the cost would increase proportionally) and we would have to get used to eating things seasonally (as opposed to all year round).

There are also potential issues with how long we could feed ourselves (the industrial type of agriculture needed to support the population as it is now isn't exactly sustainable long term - pesticide and water leaching into surrounding soi, water table degradation ect ect). The UK has been buying and selling food for long enough (in total denial of the lack of security in the food markets) that we decided not to bother with food infrastructure...and, well, here we are.

That is not to say it isn't doable, it's perfectly feasible, but people are used to having cheap food, of all types, at all times and it would be a bit of a culture shock to go back ye olde eating habits.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember Tories & Brexiters wanted to go to war with Spain over Gibraltar just a while ago?

Now the UK government FORGOT them!

I actually can't stop laughing reading that today Laughing

https://www.gbc.gi/news/no-mention-gibraltar-uk-post-brexit-cross-border-paper

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Oh dear, this is too easy but I'll bite.
The day before, the same source reported that the government had issued two papers in this series and,
Quote:
on the availability of goods, it says it will engage with the Government of Gibraltar, as well as other overseas territories and the devolved administrations, to ensure their priorities are taken into account. It reiterates that it will consider Gibraltar’s interests in another paper, on confidentiality and access to documents.

https://www.gbc.gi/news/uk-government-has-published-two-negotiating-policy-papers-ahead-third-round-brexit-negotiations

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:36 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Oh dear, this is too easy but I'll bite.
The day before, the same source reported that the government had issued two papers in this series and,
Quote:
on the availability of goods, it says sorry we forgot you. It reiterates that it will consider Gibraltar’s interests in another paper, on confidentiality and access to documents.

https://www.gbc.gi/news/uk-government-has-published-two-negotiating-policy-papers-ahead-third-round-brexit-negotiations

You are saying they confirmed they forgot Gibraltar and will correct the mistake by putting it in some other paper.

How about putting the Gibraltar border issue in the documents handling annex?

It was too easy and I am rolling on the floor laughing now Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:03 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, we're all chuckling, Val, have no doubt of that.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
You are saying they confirmed they forgot Gibraltar and will correct the mistake by putting it in some other paper.

How about putting the Gibraltar border issue in the documents handling annex?

It was too easy and I am rolling on the floor laughing now Laughing

Nope. Try reading past the headlines before posting stuff you've found; you might learn something.

Rogerborg, I don't think Val fully understands your "Thumbs Up Funny" ratings.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:14 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rogerborg, I don't think Val fully understands your "Thumbs Up Funny" ratings.

I know, it's a spiral of hilarity.

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the first euro law you would rip up?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:40 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kippyzona wrote:
What is the first euro law you would rip up?

I'd allow people to say that drinking water hydrates you.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You clearly stopped laughing long enough to bore us to tears with yet more of your butt hurt remoaner shite.

I dunno.

Have you got round to answering my point about pharmaceuticals yet?

Or the chicken question.

Or the 10K pay rise above?

Or the fact that despite a 20% devaluation the trade deficit has increased?

Oh and trade with RoTW has decreased while trade with the EU has increased?

Quote:
The UK’s deficit on trade in goods and services widened by £2.0 billion to £4.56 billion in June 2017 from a revised £2.52 billion in May. It was the biggest trade gap since September last year, as imports rose in the month by 3.3 percent to an all-time high of £53.95 billion, due to an increase in purchases of both goods and services.

Quote:

Exports dropped 0.7 percent to £49.39 billion. In the second quarter of the year, the trade deficit widened to £8.94 billion from £8.84 billion in the previous three-month period. Balance of Trade in the United Kingdom averaged -1472.97 GBP Million from 1955 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 2946 GBP Million in March of 1981 and a record low of -6058 GBP Million in November of 2013.

Quote:
Imports of goods and services rose by 3.3 percent to an all-time high of £53.95 billion in June 2017 from £52.24 billion in the previous month, mainly boosted by higher purchases of machinery and transport equipment, specifically mechanical machinery, aircraft and road vehicles. Among trading partners, imports of goods from the EU increased by 3.7 percent, mainly from Germany (3 percent), France (21.1 percent) and Spain (7 percent). Meanwhile, imports of goods from non-EU countries fell by 1 percent, due to lower purchases from Norway (-14.4 percent), Japan (-4.6 percent), South Korea (-10.3 percent) and Canada (-5.5 percent).

Quote:

Exports of goods and services declined by 0.7 percent to £49.39 billion from £49.73 billion in May, as a decrease of 2.8 percent in sales of goods offset a 2.1 percent gain in exports of services. Exports of goods to non-EU countries slumped 7.9 percent, dragged by lower sales to the US (-20 percent), China (-18.6 percent), South Korea (-38.9 percent), Hong Kong (-7.5 percent) and Japan (-15.4 percent). By contrast, sales of goods to the EU advanced by 2.7 percent, mainly to Germany (5.3 percent), France (3.4 percent), the Netherlands (12.5 percent) and Italy (7.2 percent).

Of course you're not going to answer or you'll say but we've not left yet. Except this goes back to the pharmaceuticals question again. Pharma already has 0% tariffs.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 241 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 54 of 523