Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Pathetic avoidance, delusion, cognative dissonance jingoistic imperialism

You've had 4 weeks to answer the pharmaceuticals question, so don't even try the I'm busy excuse.

I still don't see an answer.

Let me remind you once again.

Pharmaceuticals are a 0% tariff good between developed economies.

If as you claim there will be the holy grail of free trade then why has this massive boom not occurred in one of the UK's biggest industries, pharmaceuticals?

Insulting me doesn't answer the question either.

If you have an answer then say it. If you don't then admit you don't have any answer.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
You've had 4 weeks to answer the pharmaceuticals question, so don't even try the I'm busy excuse.

I still don't see an answer.

Let me remind you once again.

Pharmaceuticals are a 0% tariff good between developed economies.

If as you claim there will be the holy grail of free trade then why has this massive boom not occurred in one of the UK's biggest industries, pharmaceuticals?

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I thought the industry had been receiving investment since you-know-what?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-novo-dordisk-pharmaceutical-giant-uk-drug-research-centre-115-milliom-vote-of-a7552541.html

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I thought the industry had been receiving investment since you-know-what?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-novo-dordisk-pharmaceutical-giant-uk-drug-research-centre-115-milliom-vote-of-a7552541.html

It's not about investment though. He was adamant free trade deals would result in massive boosts in trade and economic activity if only it wasn't for those pesky tariffs. Except pharma has 0% and yet the massive massive boosts and untold riches haven't appeared.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's already one of our biggest exports you narrow minded twat...

Narrow minded? Do you have a sense of irony?

You have called for mass murder numerous times ~ this actually makes you an extremist.

No I said YOU not English people, not British people YOU.

Itchy 23 Jul 2017 wrote:
the UK pharma industry did grow as a result of the 0% tariffs from 4bn to 34bn in 17 years. However this means all the extra money that is assumed to be made from future trade deals is already being made and therefore can't be counted again.

In case you missed it.

The money generated from the 0% on the UK's biggest exports is already being made. Therefore there is no extra benefit of a free trade deal. Unless you're willing to double count it ~ fraud.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Who needs to count sheep, when you're around eh?

Night.....

Nah it's just you being incapable of answering the question yet again and deflecting by trying to insult me.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:26 - 24 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Except pharma has 0% and yet the massive massive boosts and untold riches haven't appeared.

Compared to what baseline?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 24 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It also means, that Brexit and unknown future trade deals won't make the blind bit of difference to one of our biggest exports, because it's tariff free.

You said that trade would be boosted massively by free trade deals.

Yet here you are sitting on the other side of the fence saying there will be no effect positive or negative because there is already a 0% tariff.

Which one is it? Because you're taking up both positions that there will be boosts to trade and no boosts to trade.

It's very much like your anti free money rants. Yet when your side does it (DUP) it's completely fine.

Clearly contradictory positions come on try harder.

https://media1.faz.net/ppmedia/aktuell/2350009694/1.1693701/default/der-bedarf-ist-gering-getoetet.jpg

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 24 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Did I? I probably just said something less negative than your usual "Wok half empty" pessimistic, anti British, anti Brexit

There are many of pages of you saying this, but then again you are a man of straw.

I say your position is unrealistic and you cry.

Here's the thing yeah? I personally benefit from brexit massively because my money is not made in GBP.

The thing is society is bigger than me.

I'm not an egoist.
I'm not a sociopath.

There are people in the real world I don't want to see suffer. You think I want to see those people I met at the BCF barbecue suffer?

Why on earth would I want that?

You on the other hand don't like anybody who isn't you which is an irony of sorts as we tolerate you yet you're intolerant of us. TRP wasn't particularly tolerant of your opinions was it?

mpd72 wrote:
I'll let you into a secret. Pharmaceuticals with 0% tariff's are not the only thing Britain does. Rolling Eyes

Yes but this merely leads onto my other point. So with average tariffs of 3-5% you're expecting great things based on a difference of 3-5%?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 24 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile Laughing

Quote:
Home Office accidentally deports all Brexiters.

AN administrative error means everyone who voted to leave the EU will be deported in a matter of weeks, it has emerged.

The Home Office mistake will result in all Leave voters being relocated to destinations as varied as Islamabad and Brussels.

You'll need to move on and get on with...

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/home-office-accidentally-deports-all-brexiters-20170824134639

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 24 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Meanwhile Laughing

Quote:
Home Office accidentally deports all Brexiters.

An administrative error means everyone who voted to leave the EU will be deported in a matter of weeks, it has emerged.

The Home Office mistake will result in all Leave voters being relocated to destinations as varied as Islamabad and Brussels.

You'll need to move on and get on with...
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/home-office-accidentally-deports-all-brexiters-20170824134639

Actually I'll give Val a genuine "Thumbs Up Funny" rating for that because it relates to the embarrassing news that the Home Office had sent out deportation letters.
https://news.sky.com/story/home-office-investigation-after-deportation-letters-sent-to-100-eu-citizens-in-uk-11001868
What the hell were they thinking?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 25 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
...the embarrassing news that the Home Office had sent out deportation letters.
https://news.sky.com/story/home-office-investigation-after-deportation-letters-sent-to-100-eu-citizens-in-uk-11001868
What the hell were they thinking?

I bet it's some remain saboteur like me in the Home Office sent the letters.

Pretty sure there are plenty of Europeans working there with good sense of timing.

The blunder has happened exactly the same day when the UK introduced the new Brexit papers trying to convince EU they can handle the issues.

Not very convincing IMO Laughing

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 25 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brexit the gift that keeps giving.

Brexit has created 98 000 new jobs.

In Frankfurt Laughing

https://www.cityam.com/270854/hallo-frankfurt-eyes-up-98000-jobs-brexit-thanks-multiplier

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:18 - 25 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

You really did have a problem with tenses, won't you?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:21 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Brexit the gift that keeps giving.

In Frankfurt Laughing

https://www.cityam.com/270854/hallo-frankfurt-eyes-up-98000-jobs-brexit-thanks-multiplier

Concludes with a picture of some maths. You can't argue with that.
Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:56 - 26 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for them if they've created 98,000 jobs. Thumbs Up

Does that mean they'll stop their bitching about Brexit?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current round of Brexit negotiations summary so far:

UK government is set on depriving UK citizens of their FoM rights in order to deprive other EU citizens of FoM rights, to stop them contributing to UK economy.

Means David Davis has totally failed all negotiations, which is considered a success by most leavers.

Erm.... Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 240 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 55 of 523