Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 25 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Silly me, China wouldn't dream of messing about with world trade. Note that's GM's chain they're yanking (and GM's largest market to boot) not some two bit Rainpal startup...

That's just China throwing a paddy because they know Trump's going to screw them with tariffs in a trade war.

The US exports only about $120bn to China, in return China exports almost $500bn to the US.

Guess who's going to lose out most here? Buyers market....

True but does it matter who loses the most? A trade war between two major players (both of whom will lose out to varying extents) will affect many other nations as each invariably picks a side to back.

Snowflake alert! Wink Trade, politics, religion, skin colour, ethnicity, gender, it doesn't matter what the cause of division there will be misery and suffering on all sides. Populaces as a whole need to be wary of extreme attitudes on ANY side of a division.

Merry Christmas to you MPD and the rest of BCF, bear in mind that if we all held the same views it'd be a boring world. Very Happy

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 25 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorillaonabike wrote:
What I disagree with is the UK solution - leaving the EEA.

Due to the impact on your business (from what you've said on here), not that you've told us what your business actually is.

gorillaonabik...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:22 - 26 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Merry Christmas to you MPD and the rest of BCF, bear in mind that if we all held the same views it'd be a boring world. Very Happy

Hallelujah. Merry Xmas to you too. Peace and goodwill.
FZR400 (blown engine), ZXR750 (blown engine), ZX6R (accident), CBR600 which had engine issues after which I learned to change gear..., CBR900, CBR924 (stolen), CB600, CB1300 (everything blew up), BMW K1300GT (written off, hit from rear while stationary), Bandit 1250 for a couple of months, Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (nicked) and somewhere in there, I wrote off a Ducati 748 at Cadwell.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 26 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on topic: Brexit what will happen next.

Mervyn King says we will be fine.

The wise ex-governer said the UK will have a special deal with US, and very very special deals with the rest of the world.

Ermmm:

https://i63.tinypic.com/2v8jrqo.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:19 - 26 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't really see Val's point there (I rarely do anyhow), as that article is just about how better off the US will be trading with the UK direct. This also goes both ways, so the UK will also benefit, but I see Val just likes to read a headline and jiz. Sorry Val, may your butthurt continue until the day you fuck off to Germany and live your EU dream.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
At least Brexit will hopefully stop the EU being able to interfere with things like this...

https://www.fightvnuk.co.uk/

Basically, the directive means that motorsport needs third party liability insurance. Can you imagine the libility risk of that?

Quote:
In the landmark ‘Vnuk’ case, the European Court of Justice ruled in 2014 that the EU’s 2009 Motor Insurance Directive required insurance policies to cover all possible third-party accidents in all places and at all times.
In some countries, including the United Kingdom and Ireland, governments had interpreted the law as meaning that it only applies to vehicles driven on public roads, however it is now clear that the judgment means that national laws must be changed to ensure that all mechanically propelled vehicles are insured for third-party losses regardless of type of use, in all places, at any time.
This applies to everything from Formula One racing cars, to mobility scooters, to antique trams and everything in-between.
Industry experts have already claimed that the risks associated with providing insurance cover to all motorised vehicles mean that they would be prohibitively expensive to insure, thus effectively outlawing all motorsport activities across the United Kingdom.

https://ec.europa.eu/smart-regulation/roadmaps/docs/2016_fisma_030_motor_insurance_en.pdf

is the actual proposals incase any remainers say it's made up

Which i do not know why the press couldn't have posted/ found themselves.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
At least Brexit will hopefully stop the EU being able to interfere with things like this...

https://www.fightvnuk.co.uk/

Basically, the directive means that motorsport needs third party liability insurance. Can you imagine the libility risk of that?

Quote:
In the landmark ‘Vnuk’ case, the European Court of Justice ruled in 2014 that the EU’s 2009 Motor Insurance Directive required insurance policies to cover all possible third-party accidents in all places and at all times.
In some countries, including the United Kingdom and Ireland, governments had interpreted the law as meaning that it only applies to vehicles driven on public roads, however it is now clear that the judgment means that national laws must be changed to ensure that all mechanically propelled vehicles are insured for third-party losses regardless of type of use, in all places, at any time.
This applies to everything from Formula One racing cars, to mobility scooters, to antique trams and everything in-between.
Industry experts have already claimed that the risks associated with providing insurance cover to all motorised vehicles mean that they would be prohibitively expensive to insure, thus effectively outlawing all motorsport activities across the United Kingdom.

https://ec.europa.eu/smart-regulation/roadmaps/docs/2016_fisma_030_motor_insurance_en.pdf

is the actual proposals incase any remainers say it's made up

Which i do not know why the press couldn't have posted/ found themselves.

From Bobbert's link:

Quote:
As a consequence of the Court ruling, potential compensations extend beyond the
context of traffic-related motoring; purely agricultural, construction, industrial, motor sports or fairground activities
could be required to be either insured or exempted from insurance but covered by compensation funds, to which
the only contributors are motorists. This could lead to increases in premiums for all policyholders in Member
States that would exempt these activities from insurance.

So no 'effectively outlawing' at all, despite mpd's scaremongering. And they say remoaners make shit up Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again wrote:

So no 'effectively outlawing' at all, despite mpd's scaremongering. And they say remoaners make shit up Laughing

It's calling for an insurance or compensation (aka insurance) scheme in motor racing you twonk. They are calling for a the ability to sue another competitor for a crash. It's in the text you just quoted.

Quote:
either insured or exempted from insurance but covered by compensation funds

Any idea how prohibitively expensive that would be?
Can you not get a grown up to explain it to you?

You talk out of your fucking ARSE.

Lloyds, BV, DNV, ABS, RINA etc all underwrite for industries that cost a hell of a lot more in the event of payouts than some four car pile up on a race track, you absolute twonk.

The 'extra cost' will be banged onto the regular premiums, much like they currently are now. I think it was probably you posting drivel the last time some similar judgement was made, like erhmagawd, we is all gonna have to insure our lawnmowers or similar, because someone got knocked off a ladder at work by a tractor.

And also, lern2English.

"COULD" lead to increases.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Bobbert's link:

Quote:
context of traffic-related motoring; purely agricultural, construction, industrial, motor sports or fairground activities
could be required to be either insured or exempted from insurance but covered by compensation funds, to which
the only contributors are motorists. This could lead to increases in premiums for all policyholders in Member

The very idea it's being talked about it enough to know the EU has gone to far

Same as the EU army, that was a could, now it's a should and being pushed through the parliament.

It's either a trade block or nothing, not a load of cretins justifying their continuous existence via creating more rules.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:14 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

From Bobbert's link:

Quote:

The very idea it's being talked about it enough to know the EU has gone to far

Same as the EU army, that was a could, now it's a should and being pushed through the parliament.

It's either a trade block or nothing, not a load of cretins justifying their continuous existence via creating more rules.

So you don't agree with the ECJ saying that the UK Gov would be overstepping the mark with blanket internet surveillance and record keeping then?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you don't agree with the ECJ saying that the UK Gov would be overstepping the mark with blanket internet surveillance and record keeping then?

Put it this way, why would it affect me ? nor do i think that minor pause in surveillance will stop the end goal, in or out of the eu.

The thousands of other things the ECJ does rule on, does affect me though.

Lose the battle to win the war.

And no i'm not going to name them as i CBA going through the eu's terrible website for find individual rulings to post something that people wont bother to read anyway.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 27 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

So when I nearly died at Silverstone in 2008, with my leathers being cut off, being operated on at the circuit and airlifted to John Radcliffe, how much should I have claimed from the person who went for the run off without looking over his shoulder or putting his arm in the air?

Ever tried getting fully comp insurance for a race bike? Why do you think people get so upset when factory BSB bikes, for instance, go missing.

Tell me of your race experience, even more so your personal injury insurance details and loss of income, which covered you for racing.

So you're saying the ACU don't provide cover? Because it appears to me that they do provide cover...

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:12 - 28 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, so unless you have actual experience, you're no longer qualified to comment?

That's you ruled out of almost everything except being the UKIP spokesman on BCF and the chair of the blame-everything-on-the-foreigners committee.

https://www.acu.org.uk/ridersmembers/members-insurance.aspx

Perhaps you should refresh your memory?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 28 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Likely impacts on competitiveness and innovation
The proposal will protect the viability of the motor sports sector. The definition of motor vehicle will remain
technology-neutral and will continue to cover novel self-propelled vehicles.

You're welcome Thumbs Up

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 28 Dec 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as the 'could' as I mentioned earlier. But because it's your argument, it means definitely now?

GTFO. Arrow

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 07 Jan 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an apparent complexity to brexit its starting to give an impression it will be impossible to really enact. We could still be discussing it in ten years time.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 7 years, 81 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 7 of 523