Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
So Austria have voted in the anti EU, anti immigration, 31 year old Sebastian Kurz.

Have they got a date for invading Poland yet?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:43 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

I'm stupid I have no arguments.

I can't think for myself

I'm just a petulant child

I refuse to apologise even when caught bang to right lying through my teeth!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Oh and somebody quote this please?

You still owe us an apology nothing will change this other than an apology.

But hey block me, that merely proves me right to an even greater extent. Very Happy

Massive cognitive dissonance, he even deleted the bit in my quote which he knows will happen
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:02 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit I disagree with the whole thing about the money/citizen/Ireland border, is that the UK is not putting any amount/rights/whatever/ in paper.

Obviously May saying that no country will have to pay more/get less money because of the UK leaving the EU is great. Or that citizens rights will get reciprocated is fantastic. But so far the UK has not put a real offer, on paper, that could be discussed or signed.

The way I see it, it is that the EU is not blinking on money/citizens rights/Ireland to move into Trade discussions. And the UK is not blinking on we discuss Trade to move into money/citizens rights/Ireland.

It is frustrating the lack of progress, but that is the initial position the EU countries set, the UK can take it, leave it or try to negotiate them, but need to put something real on the table for negotiations to move forward.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:21 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:
The way I see it, it is that the EU is not blinking on money/citizens rights/Ireland to move into Trade discussions. And the UK is not blinking on we discuss Trade to move into money/citizens rights/Ireland.

I guess one party has read Article 50, and one hasn't.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:56 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
"the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union."

This is a bit vague, "taking into account the framework of future relationship", what that means exactly?

According to the UK "no deal is better than a bad deal", so I do not see a problem so far. According to the EU is pretty much the "you pay money for access to the EU and pretty much all remain the same" so fair enough too.

It is what upsets me about politicians, get on with it! Leave the EU with no deal, and then everybody will be all over the place to make a deal because of the legal clusterfuck that will follow.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:40 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
"the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union."

This is a bit vague, "taking into account the framework of future relationship", what that means exactly?

I'm pretty sure that it cannot mean sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU UNTIL YOU PAY US OFF".

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 00:03 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'm pretty sure that it cannot mean sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU UNTIL YOU PAY US OFF".

Goes both ways, LA LA LA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU, WE WILL NOT PAY ANYTHING TILL A TRADE DEAL IS AGREED. LOL

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:02 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Goes both ways, LA LA LA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU, WE WILL NOT PAY ANYTHING TILL A TRADE DEAL IS AGREED. LOL

And which position contradicts Article 50?

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw video this morning of the German Vice Chancellor.

Asked about the divorce bill he said "it is somewhere between 60 and 100 million ... just look at the pensions to know 30 million is not enough".

I'd love to read the EU say, "we've done the sums, totted everything up that you're contractually obliged to pay because of your past agreements on x,y and z; and it works out at 73.4 million".

Instead, there's an ageing white male shitlord telling us he needs somewhere between 60 and 100 million for the EU's pension?!

EDIT - Million?! pillock! I obviously meant birrion

Last edited by DrSnoosnoo on 16:53 - 19 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:
The bit I disagree with the whole thing about the money/citizen/Ireland border, is that the UK is not putting any amount/rights/whatever/ in paper.

Obviously May saying that no country will have to pay more/get less money because of the UK leaving the EU is great. Or that citizens rights will get reciprocated is fantastic. But so far the UK has not put a real offer, on paper, that could be discussed or signed.

It is frustrating the lack of progress, but that is the initial position the EU countries set, the UK can take it, leave it or try to negotiate them, but need to put something real on the table for negotiations to move forward.

And the whole (Hole) Brexit Deal has been based on Political |Spin since it kicked off.
I do not think What's His Face from the UKIP is a dumb MF but he was out for his own agenda and got the result he was aiming for.

I do not believe he ever had any Exit Plan ergo his exiting his own arse from any proceedings after the results were posted.

Starts the fight then fcuks off.

And that big drink of water Sham-eron too. Rolling Eyes
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:32 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
60 and 100 million ... million million million

QFT.

Got any insights into the sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle, "doctor"? Razz

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:

I'd love to read the EU say, "we've done the sums, totted everything up that you're contractually obliged to pay because of your past agreements on x,y and z; and it works out at 73.4 million".

Instead, there's an ageing white male shitlord telling us he needs somewhere between 60 and 100 million for the EU's pension?!

I hope you can read. Not convinced by your post BTW.

Anyhow here is, as you've requested, the EU's published framework:

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/financial-settlement-essential-principles-draft-position-paper_en.pdf

It is up to the UK now to say what they accept, what not. And to do if the UK wants any changes in the published framework. Or publish completely different one.

FYI the EU position is published 24 May 2017. Still waiting for the UK to sort out it's shit. Probably will never happen.

Here is summary of the whole negotiations as planned and executed by the EU and the UK so far:

https://i.imgur.com/GKJXAmI.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Val wrote:
Yawn!

Lovely balanced viewpoint as usual. Ever thought about sticking to facts?
It might mess with your agenda, but hey.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d1/dc/3a/d1dc3a192b10948bd9b1b7997745053f--different-quotes-black-quotes.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Lovely balanced viewpoint as usual. Ever thought about sticking to facts?
It might mess with your agenda, but hey.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d1/dc/3a/d1dc3a192b10948bd9b1b7997745053f--different-quotes-black-quotes.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

100%, ONE HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's you two enemied then. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:22 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you blicking blicks move, and I'll blicklist every motherblicking last one of ya.

Well, Appeaser Theresa is squawking surrender-sounds about giving away unilateral rights to Val in return for... well, I guess we'll get to that later. Or not.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
DrSnoosnoo wrote:

I hope you can read. Not convinced by your post BTW.

Anyhow here is, as you've requested, the EU's published framework:

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/financial-settlement-essential-principles-draft-position-paper_en.pdf

It is up to the UK now to say what they accept, what not. And to do if the UK wants any changes in the published framework. Or publish completely different one.

FYI the EU position is published 24 May 2017. Still waiting for the UK to sort out it's shit. Probably will never happen.

Here is summary of the whole negotiations as planned and executed by the EU and the UK so far:

https://i.imgur.com/GKJXAmI.jpg

Sure can read. I had a quick scroll through that paper looking for the consolidated sum of monies owed by the UK on leaving the EU. Didn't see one.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Well, Appeaser Theresa is squawking surrender-sounds about giving away unilateral

Well that's the thing she's paralysed and can't actually do anything.

Pay up and she gets destroyed by ISISpd72 types and the mail types and gets a vote of no confidence.

Don't pay up and you get to cling on till March 2019 but get to be king of hell.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:43 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Apart from me backing up my opinions with factual stories and events

Just not a picture of an entire aisle of Balkanian goods.

Itchy wrote:
Well that's the thing she's paralysed and can't actually do anything.

She could do one thing: pay to prepare the property, plant and people to process a real (aka "no deal") Brexit, in actual extant fact, not in threatened future rhetoric.

That's the only thing that will put the jackboot on the other foot and might give the UK a chance to cut a sane deal.

As it is, we'll be left having to take whatever's on the table at one minute to Brexit-o'clock, i.e. get rinsed to remoan in the EU in all but name, but with no seat at the table.

With Hammond drilling holes in the Brexit Boat from Number 11 and Amber Rudd setting fire to the sails, it's almost like May is doing everything possible to obtain the worst possible result for the UK

I mean, a cynical person might conclude that it's a blatant ploy to mess it up and make it look like we'd be better off having another referendum then begging to be let back in under any terms.

Hahahaha, such a thought. As though politicians would be capable of such duplicity.

[BREAKING]
After having caved in to every EU demand, including defence, Tusk has announced that we May now proceed to phase 2 of the surrender.

I just... why is this pretence still going on?

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/10/Neville-May-640x480.png

Last edited by Rogerborg on 11:56 - 20 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Here's a thought about a no trade deal Brexit.

As we're a net EU importer, we will take more in tariffs from EU companies importing to the UK, than UK companies will pay exporting to the EU.

OK, so if we put the import tariffs into a government fund and used this fund to pay export tariffs to the EU for companies, owned by and operated from the UK, these companies would be no worse off than if they were in the single market.

The fund would also generate a small profit on the tariff surplus due to the UK's trade deficit with the EU, so this could be used to fund the scheme. Think of it like a reverse VAT charge.

So, why would this not work all the time we import more than we export with the EU?

And I'm sure you've got real world figures and stats to back it up, rather than your usual bluff and bullshit?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:11 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to stress the eye-twitching treason of May signing us up to join ze wEUhrmacht which we weren't in as a condition of leaving the EU.

You know what we haven't had for a while? A good old fashioned military coup.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 66 of 523