Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Sorry, were we really expecting to keep EU agencies in the UK?

Nobody expected them, or planned for them to leave because nobody planned for anything beyond the original referendum. Indeed they still haven't.

mpd72 wrote:
900 British jobs were they?

Your retarded 'patriotism' is your only redeeming feature.

This is retarded

The vote was whether or not we remained in the EU

We left, so the agencies that prop it up have to go too.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:48 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Maybe we could just give them 3 years worth of the foreign aid budget Thinking

Without our contribution, they may quickly regress to 3rd world status. And not that you'll hear about it at Al Beeb, but Merkel has failed to form a coalition government and has little choice but to call another election. The polls indicate that it'll be hung again.

Well, it looks like Treasona May has started from a position of abject surrender and then backed down. Why is she even proposing numbers when it's clear that she's left us no choice but to cave in and agree to whatever demand the cabal makes?

However, in cheerier news, I thought I couldn't be any more Platonic-gay for Rees-Mogg, but then he went full Kipling. Wub

The eu Gdp is a couple Trillion, so borrowing a few billion to cover their losses at historic all time low interest rates wont worry them much, i do hope this isn't your main playing card
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:05 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
The eu Gdp is a couple Trillion, so borrowing a few billion to cover their losses at historic all time low interest rates wont worry them much

GDP is not budget. And borrowing from (((whom)))?

Germoney has been bailing out the EU's many failed, sponger and pirate states for years in order to keep them locked into the Euro against their own best interests.

If things go wobbly there - I mean, for example, if they'd taken in a couple of million illiterate, uneducated, unemployable scofflaws who are a massive drain on resources, leading to the collapse of their government - I'm not sure what would hold the house of cards up.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
The eu Gdp is a couple Trillion, so borrowing a few billion to cover their losses at historic all time low interest rates wont worry them much

GDP is not budget. And borrowing from (((whom)))?

Germoney has been bailing out the EU's many failed, sponger and pirate states for years in order to keep them locked into the Euro against their own best interests.

If things go wobbly there - I mean, for example, if they'd taken in a couple of million illiterate, uneducated, unemployable scofflaws who are a massive drain on resources, leading to the collapse of their government - I'm not sure what would hold the house of cards up.

This is what i'm on about, asif the Eu has no other options on the table to carry on, it's just what Greece did and they got butt fucked , don't fall in to it's trap

Most of the West is built on debt now , a little bit more won't stop them, if they did give a shit about economics, the Euro would never have been followed through.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:26 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a rhetorical question.

From whom would the EU as an entity borrow money?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
It's not a rhetorical question.

From whom would the EU as an entity borrow money?

The same place it gets it now

If you're suggesting London, and you're suggesting we're going to block them, where does our commission for their debt come from instead?

I see that scenario not happening, because who were 2 of the biggest banks that backed the remain campaign, JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs, so unless we go on full Corbyn and apply capital controls, this idea the Eu is sunk without our money is fantasy.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay the cash. Then get it back later. Dirty tricks.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:07 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems a simple enough question, and I'm not suggesting anything.

If the EU budget comes up short, from whom could the EU borrow money?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMF? They bailed (used loosely) us out once you know. Mr. Green

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:37 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the question mark? Don't you know?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Is this your perennial moan about investment in infrastructure so people can get to work, rather than to the dole office?
You mean the far beyond land where the tax revenues go?

How many Grenfell Residents were on some kind of benefits? Thinking

Rogerborg wrote:

Without our contribution, they may quickly regress to 3rd world status. And not that you'll hear about it at Al Beeb, but Merkel has failed to form a coalition government and has little choice but to call another election. The polls indicate that it'll be hung again.

Well, it looks like Treasona May has started from a position of abject surrender and then backed down. Why is she even proposing numbers when it's clear that she's left us no choice but to cave in and agree to whatever demand the cabal makes?

However, in cheerier news, I thought I couldn't be any more Platonic-gay for Rees-Mogg, but then he went full Kipling. Wub

The coverage from the BBC was so grasping. It sounded like they were trying to convince themselves that Merkel's govt was strong and stable even though its like a Jenga tower near the end. They spent more time blending it into Brexit than covering Merkel. Very little mention of why she's in this sticky situation (Immigration). And of course branding the AfD as far right, which they aren't, they're actually a very intellectual party last I checked.

Rob Fzs wrote:

If you're suggesting London, and you're suggesting we're going to block them, where does our commission for their debt come from instead?

I see that scenario not happening, because who were 2 of the biggest banks that backed the remain campaign, JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs, so unless we go on full Corbyn and apply capital controls, this idea the Eu is sunk without our money is fantasy.

The EU cannot borrow money in the manner you suggest, it's not allowed to. It would probably require treaty change. Currently its debts are only there to borrow money to bail out member states.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Why the question mark? Don't you know?

The more pertinent question is "do I really care"?

Answer is the same in both scenarios Very Happy

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:11 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Ex Commie-bloc countries?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Ex Commie-bloc countries?

Ah, ha, ha, ha......

Yeah, I bet they're rolling in spare cash. Most of them have hardly moved on for 30 years.

Hahaha, much like your attitude! Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
M.C wrote:

Is this your perennial moan about investment in infrastructure so people can get to work, rather than to the dole office?

Rogerborg wrote:

The coverage from the BBC was so grasping. It sounded like they were trying to convince themselves that Merkel's govt was strong and stable even though its like a Jenga tower near the end. They spent more time blending it into Brexit than covering Merkel. Very little mention of why she's in this sticky situation (Immigration). And of course branding the AfD as far right, which they aren't, they're actually a very intellectual party last I checked.

Rob Fzs wrote:

The EU cannot borrow money in the manner you suggest, it's not allowed to. It would probably require treaty change. Currently its debts are only there to borrow money to bail out member states.

You do know they're going to have to change the treaties when we leave right? so if it's a bum deal, as you say, they will adjust how they pay for their budget, and then what?

We're stuck with a shit deal, we cant trade easily with the Eu because we told them to eff off and no one else will want to make another deal with us because we look like a bunch of irrational dickheads.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Seeing as you're lite on detail, as per

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/economic-and-fiscal-policy-coordination/eu-financial-assistance/eu-borrower_en

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/atyourservice/en/displayFtu.html?ftuId=FTU_1.5.2.html

And if that's not good enough to convince you, with the bits quoted of which you disagree with, whats stopping them creating a scheme to fund themselves in a shortfall?

I'll assume you're thinking, the Germans will ask the Poles to bump up the budget and the whole lot will fall apart, if that was the case, it would have collasped years ago, the one thing the Eu is good at it going from one catastrophe to another by convincing people it keeps the peace whatever the price, and thus, it wont go without a fight.

To leave the tentacles of the Eu, you have to understand it, rather than trying games that have been done before and not worked, just listen to Varifakus on how to deal with them.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
M.C wrote:

I'm assuming you have an answer for that? Wink We've done this before where you've been shown the tax revenue London generates (far beyond what's spent), yet you still bemoan investment which actually generates returns. It's interesting seeing as you went on about the Royal Family making a net contribution, yet don't seem to acknowledge it with this scenario.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:07 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Seeing as you're lite on detail, as per

I see you haven't actually answered the question, as per.

Would you lend to the worst performing region in the world, with the UK out of the budget (when was the last time it was signed off?) and Germoney looking shakier than a jakey coming off the meths?

A few tens of billions here, a few tens of billions there, and pretty sure you're talking about real money.

From whom is the EU going to borrow it?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I see you haven't actually answered the question, as per.

Would you lend to the worst performing region in the world, with the UK out of the budget (when was the last time it was signed off?) and Germoney looking shakier than a jakey coming off the meths?

A few tens of billions here, a few tens of billions there, and pretty sure you're talking about real money.

From whom is the EU going to borrow it?

It's all in the links provided

I notice this seems to be a going trend for brexit sabs, ask a question, with some preordained answer they will only take, even when incorrect, but act none the wiser Laughing Laughing Laughing

Besides, if we alone can piss away an eventual £100bn on a trainset no one wants, I'm sure EU27 will find the necessary cash to keep their 70 year old project going, are you seriously going to admit you think the Eu is stuck on the money? it's a rounding error if anything on that budget they never sign off Wink

Nothing stopping them getting money off the ECB via QE if we want to play it that way of extremes.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:01 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I thought they had already started QE again? I wonder if someone's regretting leaving interest rates so low... oh no they got to milk the remains of the housing market didn't they.

Term funding scheme increased by 25bn to 140bn.

QE also increased.

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/bank-england-increases-term-funding-11556298
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

This is retarded

Mention that to David Davis next time you see him. You could also point at their replacements. The ones they haven't even thought about let alone started building, because Davis said they'd stay, so nobody did anything.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

This is retarded

Mention that to David Davis next time you see him...

He doesn't understand how the Eu works like most of Westminster
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

You do know they're going to have to change the treaties when we leave right? so if it's a bum deal, as you say, they will adjust how they pay for their budget, and then what?

We're stuck with a shit deal, we cant trade easily with the Eu because we told them to eff off and no one else will want to make another deal with us because we look like a bunch of irrational dickheads.

This shows just how little you know about how the EU works. You like to think you do, but you really haven't got a clue. Treaty change is about the last thing the EU types want. These could even lead to referenda in member states on the treaty which could start an even worse chain for them.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

This shows just how little you know about how the EU works. You like to think you do, but you really haven't got a clue. Treaty change is about the last thing the EU types want. These could even lead to referenda in member states on the treaty which could start an even worse chain for them.

This is bollocks, of course they're going to have to change treaties, they have to adjust everything because we've left.

It's like you have not been paying attention to the Eu for the last 20 years, Ireland was asked to vote twice on the Lisbon treaty, the treaty got ratified in the end, Just like the Walloon's got pushed to accept CETA.

So what you're saying is, the EU would rather die from not being able to cover the budget, than have treaty change?! bizarre analyse.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 155 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 73 of 523