Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
We'll use marginal land to grow hardier grains, like barley and oats.

Cows will need to give way to upland sheep farming.

We'll make more efficient use of their carcasses.

Haggis: the food of the future.

https://fallout.gamepedia.com/media/fallout.gamepedia.com/c/ce/Food_bits_on_a_stick.png

Tasty Iguana bits Drooling
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDP you talk of supply and demand but I'm not sure you understand what this means. This only works if ordinary people have enough money to pay higher prices... Farmers won't make food cheaper because people are poorer if enough can still afford to pay.

The start of the decline will be a rise in the number of people using food-banks....

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
MDP you talk of supply and demand but I'm not sure you understand what this means. This only works if ordinary people have enough money to pay higher prices... Farmers won't make food cheaper because people are poorer if enough can still afford to pay.

The start of the decline will be a rise in the number of people using food-banks....

I'll give you some advice. Mpd isn't somebody worth debating. He's a liar (ask him for an apology for lying to us and you'll get blocked).

He is best described as a man of straw. He will lie, deny change positions and make things up in order to win an argument.

He will then absorb the arguments you used to break him and pretend these arguments are his own.

He does this because he's not very intelligent.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:37 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
The reason for voting leave for a lot of people.

Sure but this plays into the revolution argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAxJb1v-SnU

A lot of people don't rise up because they look around and see things they don't want to lose. It's comfortable there is milk in the fridge and rising up will rock this boat.

Rocking the boat may change things the outcome may be good it may well be bad but there is always a big price to pay before getting to the utopia or hell.

A lot of people cheered quite loudly on 1 October 1949. They perhaps wouldn't have cheered so loudly when 15 years later 90 million were dead.

Nothing has happened yet but a lot of those benefits have been proven pretty much to be wishful thinking.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:41 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:
The reason for voting leave for a lot of people.

Sure

That'll do Smile

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Itchy wrote:
Because some things are more important than profits.

Police Police Police Obvious account hijack. Police Police Police

Itchy is Mr devils advocate
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
Like in Zimbabwe?

The thing is all the iffy stuff that is condemned today happened in England a couple hundred years ago with the various Inclosure acts the New Forests were pretty much land grabs too.

Doesn't that confirm it's incredibly backwards? It's a bit like the acid attack/Victorian London argument, or people marrying their cousins, or killing people believing them to be witches... all stuff we 'got over' but seem to have re-imported.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone point out to the soft cunt Donkers that Brexiteers have whinged for the best part of 40 years to get their second referendum. Y'know, after the first one back in the 70's.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Itchy wrote:

The thing is all the iffy stuff that is condemned today happened in England a couple hundred years ago with the various Inclosure acts the New Forests were pretty much land grabs too.

Doesn't that confirm it's incredibly backwards? It's a bit like the acid attack/Victorian London argument, or people marrying their cousins, or killing people believing them to be witches... all stuff we 'got over' but seem to have re-imported.

I don't recall acid attacks in Henry Tudor's time. Unless you count the tar off the castle walls, I suppose.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile at the commission...

Jean-Claude Juncker‏
@JunckerEU

She is awake, the Sleeping Beauty of the Lisbon Treaty: Permanent Structured Cooperation is happening. I welcome the operational steps taken today by Member States to lay the foundations of a European #DefenceUnion. Our security cannot be outsourced. https://bit.ly/2iRUfo5
11:04 AM - 11 Dec 2017
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:30 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Can someone point out to the soft cunt Donkers that Brexiteers have whinged for the best part of 40 years to get their second referendum. Y'know, after the first one back in the 70's.

Why don't you go and ask your mummy why she voted to enter a single superstate that decides most all of our laws, manufacturing and agricultural policy and in which any of 700 million people can rock up in Dover, snap their fingers and bark "House, benefits, gibs," in whatever jibba-jabba pseudo-language they like?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Why don't you go and ask your mummy why she voted to enter a single superstate that decides most all of our laws, manufacturing and agricultural policy and in which any of 700 million people can rock up in Dover, snap their fingers and bark "House, benefits, gibs," in whatever jibba-jabba pseudo-language they like?

My mummy was about 7, so she wouldn't have voted. She's a whore anyway, so would have been too busy getting ploughed by immigrants (probably).

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read a letter from Treeza wishing me a Merry Christmas for Brexit and saying she still value and loves me ere:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2017/10/theresa-may-s-letter-eu-citizens-annotated

There will be spectacular decorations this year people.

Christmas is coming...literally Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/GxY3Aox.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they? I recall Mr Farage saying he's campaigned for 20 years, and I know some of it stems from the early 90s when Thatcher was ousted.

I don't recall acid attacks in Henry Tudor's time.

Back then you just beheaded the bitch.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 11 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Did they? I recall Mr Farage saying he's campaigned for 20 years, and I know some of it stems from the early 90s when Thatcher was ousted.

I don't recall acid attacks in Henry Tudor's time.

Back then you just beheaded the bitch.

As much as I don't like generally citing Wiki, at least it has sauces that I don't need to cite, as it's all done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euroscepticism_in_the_United_Kingdom#From_1975_to_1997

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:40 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I don't like generally citing Wiki, at least it has sauces that I don't need to cite, as it's all done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euroscepticism_in_the_United_Kingdom#From_1975_to_1997

Yeah I'm not seeing Brexiteers whinging for 40 years. Labour were against it but they're not the same people 'whinging' now? It seems to backup the (rough) figures I mentioned.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:51 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you think the anti-EU type only started with Farage?

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:41 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the shitty jobs will be filled by our commonwealth cousins .
Mainly Bangladeshis who will quite rightly want to bring their family with them.
The nhs will have the gaps filled with Nigerians who are currently queuing to pay 50p for their bogus qualifications.
20 years time their offspring will still be Bangladeshis and Nigerians unlike the current eu people who produce English people.
Nigel and his fellow golf players will still fucking moan about the EU.
No politicians will be harmed in the creation of this fiasco.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Because some things are more important than profits.

Food security I would imagine is a pretty high priority. A lot of people mention sovereignty, food security is a pretty big part of this.

Until it's needed for specific food, grow something else that's wanted. The Dutch do a good line in tulip bulbs so do that with some other flower. You don't have to grow food all the time, you just have to be productive. Subsidies are not the answer.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:13 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungary and Poland have defied the rest of the EU by not taking a single refugee under the scheme, which aimed to relocate about 120,000 refugees, mainly Syrians. The Czech republic has taken in only 12. All three countries were referred to the European court of justice last week for failing to implement the policy, the usual procedure for flouting EU rules.

Despite the backlash against the emergency scheme, the European commission proposed making quotas a permanent feature of EU law in 2016. Under its proposal, countries that refuse to take part in a “corrective allocation mechanism” to take the pressure off member states bearing the brunt would have to pay a “solidarity contribution” of €250,000 (£220,000) per asylum seeker.

Who wouldn't want some of that.....

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:20 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder why I bother typing words...

M.C wrote:
I know some of it stems from the early 90s when Thatcher was ousted.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Sometimes I wonder why I bother typing words...

M.C wrote:
I know some of it stems from the early 90s when Thatcher was ousted.

And sometimes I don't know why you don't bother reading that which is in front of you.

Thatcher was ousted in 1990. You won't accept that Labour were formerly more anti-EU than the Tories, back in the 70's and 80's, but that's Ok, because you only recognise it when it became cool in the 90's, and Farage and his ilk jumped on the bandwagon?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all May's thing is the broken pledge.

May just said Irish border agreement may not be binding & UK won’t pay divorce bill without a trade deal (despite pledging the opposite in the last minute EU progress deal):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/11/britain-will-not-pay-penny-leave-european-union-no-deal-theresa/

Also Davis saying that the withdrawal agreement is not binding.

Good strategy. Always be untrusty during negotiations and do backsies.

As a result of the renege, EU leaders have ruled out 'preliminary and preparatory discussions' on a trade deal in the New Year. All talks now put off until March 22-23 2018 summit.

https://www.ft.com/content/674623ac-df1e-11e7-8f9f-de1c2175f5ce

The Brexit negotiations are real gem Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 12 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No deal incoming then

Well done remainers Thumbs Up
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 108 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 88 of 523