Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:09 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Block Brexit Corporation loyally reports JP Morgan's re-re-announcement of scaaaaary job cuts. But even Al Beeb feels compelled to point out that they've cried Project Fear once too often.

By the way, if JP Morgan were planning to cut jobs, why are they still recruiting like gangbusters? We're genuinely struggling to get any graduates or interns in the door thanks to them vacuuming up all the Scotch code monkeys and sums jockeys. Their Glasgow office alone appears to have a dedicated recruitment team of around twenty people.

Just in case anyone's keeping track of what they're doing rather than what they're saying.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:42 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Brussels Broadcasting Corporation?"

https://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/brusselsbroadcastingcorporation.pdf

"of 4,275 guests talking about the EU on BBC Radio 4’s flagship Today programme between 2005 and 2015, only 132 (3.2 per cent) were supporters of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU."

And so on, both barrels. Hopefully the authors will be prosecuted under fakehatecrimes legislatings for causing such dreadful offence by producing facts and statistics. Tut Tut

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Parliament debated “Leave the EU immediately”.

tl;dr transcript - Ha ha. No.

Sad

Plot twist - Parliament never debated or voted for the leaving of the EU. Not immediately not even like ever Shocked

Despite Supreme Court decision that the EU refefndum was glorified opinion poll and the Parliament must vote on that.

Don't take my word for it.

David Davis when presenting the Article50 bill: wrote:

"not a Bill about whether the UK should leave the European Union or, indeed, about how it should do so" as said in Parliament here

You can donate to the court case that will challenge illegal triggering of Article 50 by May here:

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/a50-chall-her-e50/

Thumbs Up

Oh...the irony when the UK court asks ECJ for interpretation. FYI Artcile 50 is EU law and ECJ is the arbiter there Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
illegal triggering of Article 50 by May.

FYI Artcile 50 is EU law

If it was illegal under EU law wouldn't the EU have pointed that out already?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:11 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask what took them so long, then I realised that the goal is to have the case heard just before March 2019, to start the clock running all over again. Clapping

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of old, runny toss.... A monumental cock-up from start to, well, I was going to say 'finish', but a conclusion seems further away now.

What we know so far is that we will have to continue to pay for the things that we want, whilst also having to pay and adhere to the things we don't. All this without having a bod at the table to influence our future.

I am beginning to come round to the view that we either stay in or pull up the physical, legal and fiscal drawbridge now and be damned with the consequences. Staying in maintains a status quo that a significant minority of our electorate voted against, whereas pulling up the drawbridge will wreck our economy and our kid's life-chances.

The choice therefore is either upset a minority of the population, or upset everybody....

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
What a load of old, runny toss.... A monumental cock-up from start to, well, I was going to say 'finish', but a conclusion seems further away now.

What we know so far is that we will have to continue to pay for the things that we want, whilst also having to pay and adhere to the things we don't. All this without having a bod at the table to influence our future.

I am beginning to come round to the view that we either stay in or pull up the physical, legal and fiscal drawbridge now and be damned with the consequences. Staying in maintains a status quo that a significant minority of our electorate voted against, whereas pulling up the drawbridge will wreck our economy and our kid's life-chances.

The choice therefore is either upset a minority of the population, or upset everybody....

No, it doesn't!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:05 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precisely. Staying in keeps us on the slippery slope to a unelected, unaccountable superstate with a single tax system (the core coercive power of the State), and a German run military deployed on its streets rather than its borders - dangerouse fantasy!

Diggs wrote:
pulling up the drawbridge will wreck our economy and our kid's life-chances.

Why do you believe that? Is it because there's been yet another "leak" from the same Project Fear EUrophile mandarins who have been confidently predicting imminent doooom for knocking on two years now? They can't predict 15 minutes ahead, what chance they can do 15 years? Rolling Eyes

Lest we forget:

Guido wrote:
The HMT prediction for GDP 3 months after the referendum was that “the UK economy would fall into recession” and contract up to -1%. It grew +0.5% in this period.

The Treasury told us: “The analysis shows that immediately following a vote to leave the EU, the economy would be pushed into a recession, with four quarters of negative growth.” The reality has been positive growth every single quarter since.

HMT forecast that in the two years following a Leave vote GDP would fall between -3% and -6%. GDP grew by 1.9% in 2016 and 1.8% in 2017, with better than expected growth in the final quarter. There is now no recession forecast.

On unemployment, they infamously said it would rise by between 500,000 and 820,000 in the immediate aftermath of the referendum. Unemployment fell again last week to a four-decade low.

And the Treasury said government borrowing would rise by up to £39 billion immediately after the vote. Instead borrowing for the financial year to date is down 12% on the same period last year. That’s the lowest year-to-date total since 2007.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:04 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ok, its pointless firing carefully chosen and worded stats at me because:

a) I don't believe a word anybody says or writes on the subject.
b) The impact of Brexit hasn't hit yet, because we are still in the club.

As for this supposedly having the Hun policing our streets, if it was good enough for Europe in 1940.... sorry - bad taste.

I cannot see a 'German-run military' deployed on the streets of Cleckhuddersfax. I do predict a need for troops when the economy goes tits-up and we are fighting for food however.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:16 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
its pointless firing carefully chosen and worded stats at me because

... you're thick and lazy and close minded?

Yet you seem to be against Brexit. Something doesn't make sense there. Thinking

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Diggs wrote:

No, it doesn't!

Our opt outs have already been forgotten, the status quo is over
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:03 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be thick, lazy and close-minded, and unable to recognise irony, however in my somewhat dim state I still retain a suspicion of statistics when offered to support a particular agenda.... As any thick person knows, pay somebody to produce stats and they produce the stats you want to read. If somebody with a different agenda paid for some projections based upon likely long-term market stability... you get my drift....

I am a toss-arguer by profession and well versed in the concept of offering a paid view.....

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
As any thick person knows, pay somebody to produce stats and they produce the stats you want to read. If somebody with a different agenda paid for some projections based upon likely long-term market stability... you get my drift....

I am a toss-arguer by profession and well versed in the concept of offering a paid view.....

The way to counter this is to look at the raw data and to run it yourself. Excel and derivatives of are cheap.

You also want to consider contra-entries and eliminate them from being counted on both sides.*

This is not always possible because there is Qualitative data instead quantitative data.

Once you've done this you can change them into comparable statistics for differing population size vs TV fire sticks or kodi boxes. You put it per 100,000 to make them mostly comparable.

*an example of this is gold. £10bn comes in and £10bn goes out. This nets down to £0bn. Change the dates a little and boom UK exports £10bn of gold. Somebody then comes along and think wait where does it come from and realises the ruse.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:24 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I still retain a suspicion of statistics when offered to support a particular agenda

My point is that the same bunch of Deep State propagandists who produced and leaked this lot of predictions are the same bunch who were wrong and wrong and wrong and wrong in their previous predictions about #Brexit.

And not just wrong in scale, but wrong in sign. The opposite of correct.

And yet the Brexit Blocking Corporation still loyally run it as their headline story. Rolling Eyes

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the time to follow much that is said here, so my apologies if I have missed the point.

Are you suggesting therefore that the BBC shouldn't run a story that if taken as a series of bullet-points and with limited historic context could possibly support Brexit? I thought such stories (if not the subject matter) were the bread and butter of our glorious media and what we pay our license fee for.

If you are, then Sir you have disappeared so far up your own kilt that you'll be using your buttocks as ear-muffs Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:02 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Are you suggesting therefore that the BBC shouldn't run a story that if taken as a series of bullet-points and with limited historic context could possibly support Brexit?

Wut? The story that Al Beeb ran today was: Treasury Mandarins predict that that #Brexit will be a disaster, as they always do.

To be grudgingly fair, they did quote both Duncan and Smith as saying that "almost (sic) every single forecast [by the treasury] on Brexit has been wrong". What they didn't do, unlike Guido, is to list all the ways that they've been wrong, in embarrassing detail.

I did like the Sir Humpheys raging that Steve Baker MP (biker, decent chap) just laughed off the relentless (and wrong) doom-mongering in the document that they leaked to the press for political reasons.

Corrvpt scvm, string 'em up, and so on.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I don't have the time to follow much that is said here, so my apologies if I have missed the point.

Are you suggesting therefore that the BBC shouldn't run a story that if taken as a series of bullet-points and with limited historic context could possibly support Brexit? :

No merely that you should use multiple sources for your information and then make your mind up independently.

Thus if the BBC is biased in one direction look at something biased the other way. You should be able to make a conclusion somewhere between the two.

The issue though is some do not rely on multiple sources. The BBC being contentious because unlike skynews, RT, CCTV or whatever you can't avoid it as you have to pay for it.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:07 - 30 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misunderstood for which I apologise. I assumed is was the pro-brexit story that had appeared in the news and that you were confused as to why....

Feel free to remove your head from your arse and wash off the porridge tagnuts. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:03 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my genuine surprise, Al Beeb has grudgingly echoed the Torygraph-broken story that arch globalist and convicted market manipulator George Soros has stumped up £400,000 to Gina Miller's slush fund to have MPs blick #Brexit and bring down the government.

But please tell me again about the 72p that Russia spent promoting #Brexit.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:21 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked so well for Hilary
https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2016/03/daily-chart-1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:12 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton II couldn't bribe her electorate directly though, just with promises of more free stuff stolen from 3rd parties..

Best for Britain - started by a millionaire Guyanese trophy-wife, funded by a billionaire Hungarian swindler, and fronted by the bung taking "British Barack Obama" looks to have enough to actually buy a few MPs outright.

Remember, Parliament gets to vote on the final everything-is-decided deal, and they're already mostly Remoaners. Given the slightest excuse they'll vote their conscience / for the good of the country.

When - not if - they strike it down and we go over the hard (i.e. real) #Brexit cliff edge while the autistic shrieking of Project Fear reaches fever pitch, what follows?

It'll certainly bring down Sharia May, as a reward for delivering exactly what they want.

A 2nd referendum seems likely.

However, their dream result is an emergency re-accession, at any cost.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:51 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Remember, Parliament gets to vote on the final everything-is-decided deal, and they're already mostly Remoaners. Given the slightest excuse they'll vote their conscience / for the good of the country.

Aaaaaaand... "national interest". <its-happening.gif>

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:20 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on this particular gentleman?
There’s an awful lot of foreigners running our future.
https://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2018-01-29/local-news/Malta-provides-Brexit-backer-with-Maltese-EU-citizenship-FT-6736184199

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:28 - 12 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just carving off a piece for himself, like everyone. I see Brussels thinks we'll give them Norn Ireland as the price of (non) freedom.

Might actually not be such a bad idea. We could do a population swap with the billions of Europe-Firsters who are super cereal that they're going to leave Britain after the Brexit vote / Article 50 / start of transition / end of transition.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 12 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kippyzona wrote:
Thoughts on this particular gentleman?
There’s an awful lot of foreigners running our future.
https://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2018-01-29/local-news/Malta-provides-Brexit-backer-with-Maltese-EU-citizenship-FT-6736184199

He's an arsehole, but so is Soros, only way to stop it is ban any foreign money.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 98 of 523