Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:53 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
We still have net migration of over 200k a year,

Which raises the question what is a suitable number?

900,000 deportations.

I arrive at that number given that the target for immigration is under 100,000 but the real number is closer to a million.

Of course, we'll have to cull the poor and elderly, but that's going to be necessary sooner or later anyway.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:23 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I arrive at that number given that the target for immigration is under 100,000 but the real number is closer to a million.

Of course, we'll have to cull the poor and elderly, but that's going to be necessary sooner or later anyway.

Which goes to the above, who says you're legal? Do you have 4 pieces of documentation for each year you've been in the UK? Tax records, bank statements, house hold bills don't count. Nor do driving licences, NIC cards and numbers.

Very Happy
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:36 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Do you have 4 pieces of documentation for each year you've been in the UK?

Why would I need that?

You were asked twice to substantiate that. This is the third time.

It should be easy enough. I won't even ask for four pieces of documentation. Three will suffice.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
You were asked twice to substantiate that. This is the third time..

I posted it here:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4555247#4555247

You ignored it of course because it proved you wrong. I went for Hansard the official government transcript service a lefty source and a righty source too. AND the BBC.

I did this intentionally to pre-empt your accusations of bias and it being an unreliable source too.

But you're sounding very much like Mpd these days.

Rogerborg wrote:
I won't even ask for four pieces of documentation. Three will suffice.

So would you be able to prove you are a UK citizen? Four pieces of documentation to prove you have a right to live in the UK for every single year you've lived in the UK.

Perhaps you're ignoring it because you're an illegal?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
M.C wrote:

Yes... unless the ones I've talked to were lying about what a bitch it was to get the money and weren't working alongside me?

And you've not reported them because?

Cos I'm not a grass Wink and it isn't my responsibility; someone higher up the food chain's meant to do proper checks. Plus I quite liked one of the guys.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:54 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Cos I'm not a grass Wink and it isn't my responsibility

The old somebody else can do it eh?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
M.C wrote:
Cos I'm not a grass Wink and it isn't my responsibility

The old somebody else can do it eh?

Nope hence the rest of my quote. If multiple people are complicit then it's not like they're slipping through and no one knows about it.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the "4 pieces of documentation" is a claim made by Diane Abbott, and no mention of the aforementioned inadmissible documents (tax records, etc).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
It looks like the "4 pieces of documentation" is a claim made by Diane Abbott

Yes, hence my scepticism Smile

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
It looks like the "4 pieces of documentation" is a claim made by Diane Abbott,

Amber Rudd was questioned about this by Yvette Cooper and it was mentioned.

Here in fact at 8 minutes 50.

https://youtu.be/RmLS1AgeYYI?t=8m50s

Also the BBC link mentions Caroline Nokes

Quote:
Caroline Nokes told the BBC's Daily Politics programme that the Home Office would no longer ask for four pieces of evidence for each year of residence.

Which pretty much says they were asking for 4 pieces of evidence. If they were not why would they have to change the policy?

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
and no mention of the aforementioned inadmissible documents (tax records, etc).

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
It looks like the "4 pieces of documentation" is a claim made by Diane Abbott,

Amber Rudd was questioned about this by Yvette Cooper and it was mentioned.

Here in fact at 8 minutes 50.

https://youtu.be/RmLS1AgeYYI?t=8m50s

Also the BBC link mentions Caroline Nokes

Quote:
Caroline Nokes told the BBC's Daily Politics programme that the Home Office would no longer ask for four pieces of evidence for each year of residence.

Which pretty much says they were asking for 4 pieces of evidence. If they were not why would they have to change the policy?

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
and no mention of the aforementioned inadmissible documents (tax records, etc).

So a case worker may in some (one?) instance have asked for 4 documents but that was never Home Office policy and it will be stopped. Also no mention of tax records, bank statements, household bills and driving licences being inadmissible.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 05 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
So a case worker may in some (one?) instance have asked for 4 documents but that was never Home Office policy and it will be stopped.

Well Rudd said there weren't quotas either. Except this was proven not to be true.

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Also no mention of tax records, bank statements, household bills and driving licences being inadmissible.

There are a couple of other case mentioned if you want to watch it at x2 speed. A woman with a UK passport was detained because a UK passport wasn't proof enough.

Also none of the above mentioned things are proof of residency. You don't have to be a UK citizen to have any of those things. You don't even need to be in the UK to have any of those things either.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:46 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I posted it here:

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4555247#4555247

You ignored it of course because it proved you wrong.

I ignored it because I hadn't read it.

On the face of it, that looks legit, although I would note that the chain of people confirming it seem to consist of wamen, bless 'em, stating with Abbott and ending with Rudd, so the real number could be anywhere between zero and eleventeen.

Itchy wrote:
So would you be able to prove you are a UK citizen? Four pieces of documentation to prove you have a right to live in the UK for every single year you've lived in the UK.

As an adult, one would imagine.

The Man (or Wamen, I suppose) has my records: community charge; council tax; income tax; NI contributions; wage slips.

Oh, I may have touched on the problem.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brexit what is hapening next - 1 minute for statistics.

In 2018 742 000 leavers are already dead and we've we have left 558 000 majority only.

In two year in 2020 Remain will have a majority. Let that news sinks with you Laughing

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/deathregistrationssummarytablesenglandandwalesdeathsbysingleyearofagetables

https://i.imgur.com/7ahmGzj.png

Last edited by Val on 23:51 - 07 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:16 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Brexit what is hapening next minute for statistics.

In 2018 742 000 leavers are already dead and we've we have left 558 000 majority only.

In two year in 2020 Remain will have a majority. Let that news sinks with you Laughing

Oh well, we're leaving the EU on the March 29 2019. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:35 - 06 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the population is getting older, and therefore wiser.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 07 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Oh well, we're leaving the EU on the March 29 2019. Laughing

Coughs...transition Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:10 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The transition period only happens once we've left the EU, not before.

At 11pm on the 29th of March next year, the UK will leave the European Union.

Rolling Eyes @ Roger saying that snowflakes will get smarter. Razz

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:16 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

A smarter or wiser person would know the difference between smarter and wiser.

Everyone[*] has the naive idealism kicked out of them by life sooner or later.

[*] Absent those who have never had to do an honest day's work in their lives, like Comrade Corbyn, and Mumsnetters-who-lunch.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:13 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many countries begging the UK for a trade deal that Liam Fox is going to cut the head count at the trade department by 10% Very Happy

https://www.ft.com/content/81d8cd10-5119-11e8-b24e-cad6aa67e23e

Quote:
Staff at the Department for International Trade have been told to expect up to 10 per cent of trade promotion jobs to go because of a budget squeeze, which has pitted Mr Fox against the Treasury.

The cuts mean that while Mr Fox has already hired up to 800 staff to negotiate trade deals after Brexit, his department is simultaneously cutting officials who work on the ground helping British companies sell their products in emerging markets.

DIT insiders say the jobs at risk are “in the low hundreds”: the department has more than 3,000 staff and has trade promotion employees based in more than 100 countries and in 174 locations. The department declined to comment.

Another official at the trade department said: “You are taking away jobs in the low hundreds across the network, especially in China, India and Latin America. This is obviously the wrong thing to do, given that 90 per cent of the world’s growth is happening outside the EU.”

The Treasury is sceptical of Mr Fox’s insistence that new global trade deals will offset any economic damage caused by increased friction at the border with the EU, Britain’s biggest trading partner.

Some EU member states are already much more successful than Britain in selling to countries such as China, where no trade deal is in place. Germany sells five times more to China than the UK and its trade promotion efforts are widely admired.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:13 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The transition period only happens once we've left the EU, not before.

At 11pm on the 29th of March next year, the UK will leave the European Union.

ROFL Laughing

BREAKING:HoL decision today

- commits Govt to negotiate EEA
- prepare for CU membership
- has no exit day
- commits to Fundamental Rights
- a “meaningful vote” means if no deal no Brexit

Here an actual picture of Theresa May trying to get out the EU Withdrawal Bill after the HoL has stuck it back to the government...

https://i.imgur.com/TxdQGeo.jpg

Here all the Lords Brexit Amendments in full:

- Remain in EU
- Fuck you, Farage
- Theresa May to join cast of 'Allo 'Allo reboot, and adopt silly French accent
- Boris Johnson to wear lederhosen

Er...that is all folks.

Brexit is not dead just resting.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:20 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Here an actual picture of Theresa May trying to get out the EU Withdrawal Bill after the HoL has stuck it back to the government...

That's a photo from 2015. Wink

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 09 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Brexit what is hapening next - 1 minute for statistics.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/deathregistrationssummarytablesenglandandwalesdeathsbysingleyearofagetables

https://i.imgur.com/7ahmGzj.png

If this was the case, why have we gone from the 1975 referendum with 65% pro EU, to 48% Pro EU in 2016?

Also if your only argument for something is that you've got to wait for people to die to get your own way, it pretty much proves your argument is shite.

Brexit is the new norm now, people have adjusted to the poorer economic performance, mostly because of WM dithering, so you're out of luck trying to sell EU federalism to anyone .
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 324 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 108 of 523