Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:07 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"After" what though?

If they don't have the numbers to oust her now, then when? When she delivers exactly what she's promised, which is to give Berlin "40"[*] billion in return for no change at all except losing our Commissioner and MEPs?

Tory leaders rarely go quietly, it's usually a Julius Caesar ending for them.

Venit hora Brutus.

[*] For those keeping score, this number was leaked anonymously so that when it rises to 100 billion, May won't even be lying when she said that she never said it.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:

Mogg? Defect? To the Micks? It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Why so? He's a 'staunch' Catholic who profits in a roundabout way from drugs used to cause abortions. He also pushed causes in Parliament in which he had a pecuniary interest in. His moral compass must be twitching to resemble a fucking helicopter.

What next? Anti-gun campaigner holding shares in Smith & Wesson?

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:46 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
"After" what though?

If they don't have the numbers to oust her now, then when? When she delivers exactly what she's promised, which is to give Berlin "40"[*] billion in return for no change at all except losing our Commissioner and MEPs?

Tory leaders rarely go quietly, it's usually a Julius Caesar ending for them.

Venit hora Brutus.

[*] For those keeping score, this number was leaked anonymously so that when it rises to 100 billion, May won't even be lying when she said that she never said it.

Pure speculation from here on (even more so than usual), but I suspect that she is unmolested now because there is a certain amount of resignation amongst the rank and file that this is going to be a trying time. Why put their necks on line by propelling themselves into the public eye via ousting May?

I don't think many people (May included) know what May's promises actually amount to in reality. When the actual point of exit is closer or actually upon us, a lot of denial about how we are actually going to pull a magical rabbit out of the Article 50 hat is going to be untenable.
If I were Mogg and his motley cru, I would be waiting for her ineptitude and bumbling nonsense to become crystal clear to all but the most ardent remainder and leaver, then strike. There are doubtless intra-party machinations to be taken into account, but those grumblings look to me like he is making his intentions known, for when the time is right.

As you say Tory leaders tend not to die in their beds (politically speaking), May is absolutely not going to be the exception. The stabby-stabby will be rather gleeful in her case.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Falco wrote:

Mogg? Defect? To the Micks? It'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Why so? He's a 'staunch' Catholic who profits in a roundabout way from drugs used to cause abortions. He also pushed causes in Parliament in which he had a pecuniary interest in. His moral compass must be twitching to resemble a fucking helicopter.

What next? Anti-gun campaigner holding shares in Smith & Wesson?

You aren't wrong, but Mogg is an old style patriot. He would never give up part of Britain, but perish the thought of actually living or working in such a god-forsaken, parochial isle of snakes.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
"After" what though?

Nobody wants the poo filled chalice.

She'll leave one a big bank promises her a big consultancy job somewhere.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:

You aren't wrong, but Mogg is an old style patriot. He would never give up part of Britain, but perish the thought of actually living or working in such a god-forsaken, parochial isle of snakes.

Oh, I think he'd give up several parts. The NHS and Welfare system for two.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:36 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Falco wrote:

Oh, I think he'd give up several parts. The NHS and Welfare system for two.

Razz I meant geographically

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Soubry on Question Time tonight wrote:
Now people have got to do, as members of Parliament, represent their constituents, but put the interests of our country first and foremost.

What I do, and I object to being called a Remoaner, is that I listen to British business,

There's the problem regarding the lack of progress on Brexit. British business' didn't get a vote in the referendum, the electorate did, and they voted for change. If the government just listens to business', who will always say they don't want to deal with change, then we'll see no progress on Brexit. All a government can ever do (it's pretty ineffectual otherwise) is say, "These are the rules, find a way to work within them." Business always finds a way, it just need to be told to shut up and crack on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 07:51 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have to lay my staff off , I will just tell them that it’s the will of the people and should just crack on down to the job centre.
When you are told that we need to compete globally and that you now work 6 days a week and have 2 weeks paid holiday , no doubt you will smile and say crack on.
Let the lion roar, patriots.
Don’t forget that any control the tories take back on our behalf we will soon given to that nice mr Corbyn.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:27 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my business. I've run it for 24 years.
The goods that I sell will face a 30 % tax once we've left.
That is not sustainable.
Trust me, I've looked at the numbers. They don't add up.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:50 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kippyzona wrote:
When I have to lay my staff off , I will just tell them that it’s the will of the people and should just crack on down to the job centre.

Where they'll be employed by someone who found an opportunity where you only saw problems.

kippyzona
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explain how I will have an advantage please.
Give me a step by step guide of how I should be embracing this glorious new future.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:17 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy British.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:56 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Buy British.

How's the British Cacao harvest this year?

Not to say there won't be opportunities to be had, but until we get a clearer idea of what post-brexit is going to look like (trade-wise), the solitary phrase "buy British" does not inspire confidence.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:10 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:

Neutral How's the EU's harvest been?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:11 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Buy British.

Should be bumper, we've imported millions of Oompa Loompas. One of them's even the mayor of London.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:16 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
Falco wrote:

Neutral How's the EU's harvest been?

The EU just signed a trade deal with Mexico (largest global exporter of cacao) to remove tariffs.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:

So the Mexican harvest is the EU's?

Additionally:

Commissioner for Trade Cecilia Malmström wrote:
In less than two years the EU and Mexico have delivered a deal fit for the economic and political challenges of the 21st century. We now open a new chapter in our long and fruitful relationship, boosting trade and creating jobs. Today's agreement also sends a strong message to other partners that it is possible to modernise existing trade relations when both partners share a clear belief in the merits of openness, and of free and fair trade

It seems there can be a model for open, free and fair trade between two parties without the requirement for unhindered movement of people and others as required if within the EU?[/quote]

Last edited by DrSnoosnoo on 12:22 - 25 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:22 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
Falco wrote:

So the Mexican harvest is the EU's?

No, but it grants tariff free access to Mexico's Cacao.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Where they'll be employed by someone who found an opportunity where you only saw problems.

Rogerborg wrote:
Buy British.

You keep saying this but you don't seem to name any concrete examples.

Merely we're going to sell loads of stuff!!! What we don't know!!!

We're going to sell it to loads of people!!! Who we don't know!!!

But trust me.

Go on I dare you to go to a bank with this as your business plan you'll get laughed out of there.

Myself like I said I think the M20 is ripe for selling refreshments to the queuing truckers. With 2000+ truckers there everyday there will also be ample opportunities for prostitution.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:

But this tariff argument is bollocks, the government could just say, we wont charge any tariffs on imports from mexico, which is what the brexiteers have mostly been calling for.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:49 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Falco wrote:

But this tariff argument is bollocks, the government could just say, we wont charge any tariffs on imports from mexico, which is what the brexiteers have mostly been calling for.

Not unless we have a free trade agreement with Mexico, with that being one of the negotiated terms.

Assuming a hard brexit, we'll be under WTO rules which means no tariff concessions outside of a FTA or custom union

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:

Not unless we have a free trade agreement with Mexico, with that being one of the negotiated terms.

Assuming a hard brexit, we'll be under WTO rules which means no tariff concessions outside of a FTA or custom union

You don't understand trade.

You dont need a free trade agreement to drop tariffs, how do you think the EU's anything but arms status works?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 111 of 523