Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:56 - 16 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

You didn't answer my question. Why you posted what you did instead is beyond me.

In short nope, they won't reimburse the UK.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:07 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betrayal intensifies.

This staunchly Remoan Parliament will get a Meaningful Vote on any "deal" that our Remoan premier "negotiates".

Now they're demanding that when (not if) they reject that deal (thus leaving us with de facto No Deal) that they (en masse, and Remoaners nearly all) will get to decide What Do.

But there will be no remit nor mechanism nor time for them to "negotiate" anything else, or for us to proceed with a No Deal outcome since we've done nothing to prepare for that scenario.

So how could What Do possibly be anything other than beg and plead and bribe to renege / re-accede / continue with no changes, until they can finagle another referendum or just kick the whole issue down the road over and over again until it's simply forgotten about.

Notice the lack of a question mark at the end of that rhetorical question.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hope now has to be that the EU just collapses so there's nothing to exit Praying
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
But there will be no remit nor mechanism nor time for them to "negotiate" anything else, or for us to proceed with a No Deal outcome since we've done nothing to prepare for that scenario.

As someone who sits in the "couldn't give a flying fcuk" camp, I find the emboldened part of your post highly entertaining.
Of course there isn't a plan for that scenario, these are the very same people who didn't have a plan, of any sort, to start off with!
You're expectations are way too high!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Even worse than that. They didn't even have a plan to leave the EU, let alone plans for an EU deal or no deal leave.
Cameron and the establishment were so cock sure of winning the referendum, they never planned for losing.

I've always said from the start that this will be kicked down the road and dilly dallied until the establishment find an excuse to brush it off as not possible.
At that point we'll find out how many people in this country still have the balls to hold the government to count. Not carrying out the democratic will of the people, in a democracy, makes us a fascist dictatorship and will be the final nail in the coffin for what's left of any national pride in the UK.

I'd suspect that, if they can get a credible leader, UKIP would make quite a resurgence.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

I'd suspect that, if they can get a credible leader, UKIP would make quite a resurgence.

Sarragon of Akad or however you spell it and Paul Joseph Watson have joined UKIP Very Happy There was a statement somewhere that they planned on a coup of the leadership Very Happy
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Betrayal intensifies.

This staunchly Remoan Parliament will get a Meaningful Vote on any "deal" that our Remoan premier "negotiates".

Now they're demanding that when (not if) they reject that deal (thus leaving us with de facto No Deal) that they (en masse, and Remoaners nearly all) will get to decide What Do.

So how could What Do possibly be anything other than beg and plead and bribe to renege / re-accede / continue with no changes, until they can finagle another referendum or just kick the whole issue down the road over and over again until it's simply forgotten about.

Notice the lack of a question mark at the end of that rhetorical question.

Frankly parliament is useless, so any vote on the deal will just be an acceptance , if they do just cancel brexit, then meh, what can we do? they're clearly not interested in what the public want so there's no reform to be had.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think now that it would have been easier to sabotage this ridiculous EU experiment if we had stayed in. So maybe not all is lost if we can't get out.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I think now that it would have been easier to sabotage this ridiculous EU experiment if we had stayed in. So maybe not all is lost if we can't get out.

Who would do that?

The establishment that love it ?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Who would do that?

The establishment that love it ?

I dunno, but you can see the cracks appearing, Italy's refusal to take in more immigrants perhaps being the latest. Hell, even Germany seems to be irreconcilably split on this issue now. At least, I'm hoping that this is the way things are going within the EU. I'd like nothing better than to see the bloc fail, and for Europe to come to its senses and learn to cooperate without this 'uber alles' from a bullying centre.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU has been in Crisis continuously for the last 30 years, it's answer to this is more Europe, and thus, like the UK, if you want to leave, it comes at immense economic damage.

Eventually fascism will ruin the whole lot, but thats not the way it should be.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
it's answer to this is more Europe EU

FTFY. I try not to confuse the two.

Quote:

Yes, it's unfortunate that some can only see extremes as the solution, although I'm not convinced that the leadership of the various nationalist movements around Europe at present are necessarily extreme. But then, in the face of the current trend of liberalism, Mickey Mouse looks like a symbol of fascism.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
it's answer to this is more Europe EU

FTFY. I try not to confuse the two.

Quote:

Yes, it's unfortunate that some can only see extremes as the solution, although I'm not convinced that the leadership of the various nationalist movements around Europe at present are necessarily extreme. But then, in the face of the current trend of liberalism, Mickey Mouse looks like a symbol of fascism.

My point about Europe was correct, they bring in another bunch of states from the continent every couple of years to stifle debate.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

My point about Europe was correct, they bring in another bunch of states from the continent every couple of years to stifle debate.

Sorry, I think I'm missing your point there?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:31 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

Batten is a sound bloke. You won't have heard about it in the legacy media though, since he's not as cheeky a troll as Farage.

Who I'd really like for the job though is Kurten, who is sound bloke and a great wind up merchant.

Trouble is, a surge back to UKIP will hand Downing Street to Comrades Corbyn and McDonnell (or at least the party that they have built), at which point the EUSSR becomes a secondary concern.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

Sorry, I think I'm missing your point there?

i get the whole not to conflict the Continent of Europe with the EU

But whenever there's an issue, the Eu's solution is more countries to widen the burden.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

Sarragon of Akad or however you spell it and Paul Joseph Watson have joined UKIP Very Happy There was a statement somewhere that they planned on a coup of the leadership Very Happy

I said credible leader.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:44 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

I said credible leader.

Got any suggestions?

The last one didn't turn out too well:

https://www.facebook.com/OpenBritain/videos/2120099254697054/

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 19 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Farage is the only one who is well known enough.

He'd have to be tempted away from his nice little earner on LBC though.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:54 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Probably Farage is the only one who is well known enough.

He'd have to be tempted away from his nice little earner on LBC though.

And who'd be the 1st lady, Katie Hopkins?

https://i.imgur.com/QFVVVmY.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:23 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
And who'd be the 1st lady, Katie Hopkins?

Finally something on which we can agree. Thumbs Up

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEb4uPHWgAAAyjB.jpg

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:19 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:

More importantly they'd need funding. Looking at UKIP performance in all elections since the referendum, the budget seems to have ran out, indicating that even Kremlin's coffers are not bottomless.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:57 - 20 Jun 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

More importantly they'd need funding. Looking at UKIP performance in all elections since the referendum, the budget seems to have ran out, indicating that even Kremlin's coffers are not bottomless.

Well considering a well known GARBAGE1111! human called Carl & a notorious nazi pug trainer has joined up maybe they'll have some more shekels.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 117, 118, 119 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 118 of 523