Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Val wrote:

I am eternally grateful to the orange moron.

Laughing
He's President of the USA, the most powerful country in the world.

Who calls free democratic EU foes and bloody dictator Putin friend.

You really need your head checked if you support Trump.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:49 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Laughing
He's President of the USA, the most powerful country in the world.

Who calls free democratic EU foes and bloody dictator Putin friend.

Fake news! Shocked
He called Putin a foe too.
And he's right about the EU, if you don't choose to take him literally because you don't like him Wink
But snowflakes like to be hurting.

At the moment, the EU is a foe of Britain too, even more hostile to us than to the US, as you like to illustrate.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

May has accepted all of Rees-Mogg's amendments so the Chequers plan is effectively dead.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
May has accepted all of Rees-Mogg's amendments so the Chequers plan is effectively dead.

No deal incoming
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

You really need your head checked if you support Trump.

Well, I checked my head and it's still here.

Sadly so are you. When are you going to fuck off back to your amazing Eurotopia and leave us sad buggers to enjoy life without your snowflake wittering?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear there are UK "patriots" on BCF that support Trump.

Who said EU is his foe and supports Putin?

What is wrong with you people?

You are so blindsided in your hatred that you are ready to betray your own country to the russian dictator.

Quote:

Tom Tugendhat, MP for Tonbridge and Malling. Chair of House of Commons foreign committee.

This is extraordinary. The US President said a hostile foreign power - one that has killed 298 in a plane, 1000s in Ukraine and used chemical weapons in the UK at least twice - is more trustworthy than the intelligence agencies of his own country.

Quote:
Donald Trump says Vladimir Putin was 'extremely strong and powerful in his denial' of Russian state interference in the 2016 US election

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:29 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:

No deal incoming

Could be. But no deal means no Brexit, since we've made no preparation for that eventuality, and won't do so.

If the democratic rump in Westminster do succeed in turning the Chequers BRINO into anything like a real Brexit, it'll be rejected by either the Remoaner majority in their "meaningful vote", or by Berlin at 5-to-Brexit-o'clock. See above for the consequence of that.

Incidentally, 20% of proles want May's soft Brexit, but 39% want no deal. I'm sure that everyone who didn't answer that poll absolutely, definitely, want No Brexit though. Whistle

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought " 'No deal' is better than a bad deal," meant we were prepared to leave with no agreement, not that 'no deal' means staying in. Shocked Hotel California, anyone?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I thought " 'No deal' is better than a bad deal," meant we were prepared to leave with no agreement, not that 'no deal' means staying in. Shocked Hotel California, anyone?

No deal is better than a bad deal until there is no deal then it isn't better than a bad deal because the no deal becomes the bad deal, or something along those lines. Laughing

That Hotel California comment is so apt. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

You are so blindsided in your hatred that you are ready to betray your own country to the russian dictator.

All hail Vladimir Putin!

Ok, now are you going to leave?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:01 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val leaving the UK is very similar to Brexit in that despite overwhelming public support, it's looking more and more like it's not going to happen. Crying or Very sad

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Quote:

Tom Tugendhat, MP for Tonbridge and Malling. Chair of House of Commons foreign committee.

This is extraordinary. The US President said a hostile foreign power - one that has killed 298 in a plane, 1000s in Ukraine and used chemical weapons in the UK at least twice - is more trustworthy than the intelligence agencies of his own country.

Quote:
Donald Trump says Vladimir Putin was 'extremely strong and powerful in his denial' of Russian state interference in the 2016 US election

is this fucking fake news central?

Are we going to just assume everything bad in the world is done by the Russians?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise that when Putin offers to provide expert evidence there was no meddling in the election of 'spoilt rich child in a man's body' Trump, Trump chooses to favour that view over his native detractors. The truth is out there... somewhere.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

May and her ideas,

Quite amusing from someone who was put there to make the Brexit happen. Even more amusing is her thinking, that if the UK won't get a nice deal, they'll just not going to go through with the whole Brexit idea, like this was a unilateral decision. Shocked

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:58 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thud...

You hear that? That's reality knocking.

chickenstrip wrote:
I see BAe looking at developing a new generation fighter for Britain.

The F-35 touted as one of the most expensive aircraft programmes ever produced F35s at $112 million each when development costs were taken into account. The Rafale M/C costs $145million each when development costs were taken into account.

chickenstrip wrote:
I see the commercial space sector in Britain looking at new launch sites for satellites etc.

Not everyone has given up then Smile

Um you do realise there is a reason why rocket launches into space are conducted as far south as possible right?

It's because launches near the equator give rockets an additional boost due to the spin of the earth.

Scott Manley describes it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71wPKALp7X8

So sure you can launch in the UK, but you need about 1/4 more fuel for the same payload. OR you need an inclination change which requires multiple burns which means a more complex rocket.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:58 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

We've done no preparations for a No Deal. Heck, we haven't even done preparations for any sort of Deal.

The government's demonstrable belief is that things must and will continue exactly as before, with no change. May's proxy-taxation fantasy, for example, would take years to set up even if the details were all agreed, done and dusted. It's not going to be slapped together in the few remaining months.

As the clock ticks down with nothing but empty face-sounds, it just becomes less and less possible for us to change anything on Brexit day.

Again: ignore the wah-wah-wah. Look at what's being done to prepare for Brexit: absolutely nothing.

I've been calling it since the referendum: the plan is to kick the can down the road over and over, and promise some form of Brexit tomorrow / next year / next Parliament. Just keep voting for the blue rosette. Strong and stable delay.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

chickenstrip wrote:

The F-35 touted as one of the most expensive aircraft programmes ever produced F35s at $112 million each when development costs were taken into account. The Rafale M/C costs $145million each when development costs were taken into account.

Sorry, once again I'm missing your point.

Itchy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I see the commercial space sector in Britain looking at new launch sites for satellites etc.

Um you do realise there is a reason why rocket launches into space are conducted as far south as possible right?

It's because launches near the equator give rockets an additional boost due to the spin of the earth.

So sure you can launch in the UK, but you need about 1/4 more fuel for the same payload. OR you need an inclination change which requires multiple burns which means a more complex rocket.

Good grief, how do you get anywhere with anything in life with that kind of attitude? As ex-RAF, I say to you, "per ardua ad astra" - which is actually particularly apt in this case Smile . In fact, I would suggest all Remoaners consider this motto before they spout their defeatist attitudes.

Spineless, the lot o' ya.

Last edited by chickenstrip on 11:02 - 17 Jul 2018; edited 1 time in total

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Thud...

You hear that? That's reality knocking.

chickenstrip wrote:

chickenstrip wrote:

Not everyone has given up then Smile

Fuel is a tiny proportion of the cost of a rocket launch and as we're talking small satellites here I doubt that fuel quantity is going to be an issue.

More info here: https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/07/16/scotland-site-selected-as-launch-base-for-lockheed-martin-orbex/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Itchy, I found a photo of you:

https://s20.postimg.cc/a3i5jvgi5/img_1093.jpg

Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Um, you *have* heard of polar orbits, haven't you? Not every orbit is equatorial Wink

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44857317

EU signs a trade deal with Japan.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

So free trade, check.

Euro courts jurisdiction?
Open borders?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:59 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Another one? This is the 3rd? 4th? one that you've announced. How many do we need?

Al Beeb wrote:
[The God Emperor's] "America First" policy has seen tariffs introduced on a range of items, including steel, which both Japan and the EU export to the US.

Except that He hasn't imposed tariffs on Japanosteel, has he? I know they didn't explicitly say that he has, but it's very carefully written so that Useful Idiots will infer it.

Fake news, very bad.

Anyway, it's great to see that the EU is keen to sign free trade deals with 3rd party countries without them having to become vassal states. Even ethnostates with deplorable immigration policies.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 13:04 - 17 Jul 2018; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 283 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 136 of 523