Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:34 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Cheer up, comrade; when Nigel the Pure and Jacob "One of Us" build the wall across Ireland and flood the tunnel so we are unshackled from the EUvil EUmpire, we will make satellites so high, fleets so grand, autonomobiles so shiny and nanofibres most fine. The whole world will buy them from us.

We just need to learn how to refurbish a plane first, but that will only take a few decades. Then we will show them!

Makes you wonder why the EU ever allowed us in in the first place. And why they seem so upset that we were leaving.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:56 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Makes you wonder why the EU ever allowed us in in the first place. And why they seem so upset that we were leaving.

The nice things we make and do are facilitated by EU membership.

Being a member also allows us to punch way above our own weight geopolitically and be a part of a peaceful superpower. The move towards 1930s-style relations is why EU is upset, and why we should be upset as well. Inter-European bickering invariably tends to end in tears.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:07 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Being a member also allows us to punch way above our own weight geopolitically

That's a splendid phrase. What does it actually mean in the real world? Can you give some examples of knockout blows that we've inflicted in our own interest?

cdlxxvi wrote:
and be a part of a peaceful superpower.

Or else.

cdlxxvi wrote:
The move towards 1930s-style relations is why EU is upset, and why we should be upset as well. Inter-European bickering invariably tends to end in tears.

We wouldn't want any European country to get tetchy because it thinks its being deprived of its rightful possessions, would we?

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:34 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
Being a member also allows us to punch way above our own weight geopolitically

That's a splendid phrase. What does it actually mean in the real world? Can you give some examples of knockout blows that we've inflicted in our own interest?

Bombardier-Boeing earlier this year.
Google literally today.

Quote:

cdlxxvi wrote:
The move towards 1930s-style relations is why EU is upset, and why we should be upset as well. Inter-European bickering invariably tends to end in tears.

We wouldn't want any European country to get tetchy because it thinks its being deprived of its rightful possessions, would we?

We definitely wouldn't. No one with rudimentary historical knowledge wouldn't.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

borked
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/cKGFpmx.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

The nice things we make and do are facilitated by EU membership.

Apparently, it's not all 'plane' sailing for Europe either:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-airbus-a400m-idUSKBN1661WR

Internet source arguments can 'prove' anything you want to believe, depending on how selective you wish to be.
So you have no confidence in your country and it's people? Ready to burn the Union Jack yet? Spineless.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:08 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Can you give some examples of knockout blows that we've inflicted in our own interest?

Bombardier-Boeing earlier this year.
Google literally today.

I was wondering what your definition of "we" and "our" would be. I mean, not really, but it's nice to see it confirmed.

A court case between the US and Canada that tangentially involves Northern Ireland. I'm not sure why you think it woz the EU wot wun it, or why actual Britons would care about that revolting province. The one upside about May's frenzied surrendering is that she might trick Berlin into taking it off our hands. Praying

And billions flowing in to EU coffers, except not, because it'll rattle on for years of appeals.

Do you have any examples that involve the application of geopolitical leverage, applied by Britain ("us"), for the direct benefit of actual Britons?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear Europe is returning to the 1930's because of the EU, not in spite of it.

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-returns-to-the-1930s-revolt-leadeship-nazi/

https://voxeu.org/article/eurozone-if-only-it-were-1930s

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:13 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile.

Netherlands has hired 1000 new customs officers to deal with a no deal brexit
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/netherlands-customs-hard-brexit-uk-hire-staff-dutch-a8452386.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Ireland has done the same:

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2018/0718/979422-cabinet-to-discuss-preparations-for-hard-brexit/

AZN has increased stock piles by 20%.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44847914

Therefore BREXITEERS are pretty much going to get hard brexit. Based on hopes dreams and magical unicorns.

If you believe hopes and dreams are effective then prove it. Fly out to Slovakia with me. You will use hopes and dreams and I will use 7.62x39mm ammunition and an AKM. Each bullet you deflect using hopes and dreams I will give you £5000. You cannot NOT accept my challenge if you think hopes and dreams and coz I say so can bend reality.

You can choose to deflect as many bullets as you want. Deflect 10 get £50000 deflect 100 £100,000.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:31 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Could someone explain to me what Itchy is actually trying to say in this thread? Aside from "we're alllllll doooooomed!" I mean, I think I get everyone else and their positions, but Itchy just puzzles me. He's like smoke, there's nothing of substance there.

Confused

There is something in maths called Linear programming. Linear programming is used to get the optimal solution when there are given constraints.

If you do not recognise the constraints... then your solution is not feasible. This is why I correctly and legitimately ridicule your magic solutions.

Consider the Japan deal. Mpd says they'll grand father them in and the UK automatically gets them in a transition deal.

Yet there is no transition deal. No deal means no transition. Japan CANNOT give 0% tariffs on 97% of their goods to the UK in the absence of a specific trade deal. If they do so then they have to abide by the MFN clause meaning they have to offer 0% tariffs to 167 other nations too.

Consider the space port.

The constraints are physics, cost and know how.

Physics is fundamental and cannot be altered.

Cost is a constraint but it can be altered,

Know how is also a constraint. Now consider the last British rocket was in ‎27 June 1969 called Black Arrow or the lipstick. That was 49 years ago. The same problem was faced with nuclear power when the last UK nuclear power plant was built in the 1990s. In as little as 27 years the know how vanished.

Ok so you will hand wave and say immigration. Yet BREXIT says NO immigrants. The current UK visa system above the quota means that immigrants have to earn about £55000.

So what does this mean? It means the space port idea one that is competitive is unfeasible.

Much like Mpd when he thinks the whole world will give super preferential trade deals. When the PRC is giving FREE money to Africa and central Asia. Why the hell do they need you?

It ain't 1850 any more you can't force them with arms.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

It ain't 1850 any more you can't force them with arms.

I'm sorry? Eh?

Force who to do what with arms? What on earth are you wittering on about?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Know how is also a constraint. Now consider the last British rocket was in ‎27 June 1969 called Black Arrow or the lipstick. That was 49 years ago. The same problem was faced with nuclear power when the last UK nuclear power plant was built in the 1990s. In as little as 27 years the know how vanished.

We could do what your beloved China does and just steal the know-how I suppose. Or rather, steal it back again Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:05 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Therefore BREXITEERS are pretty much going to get hard brexit.

You can just call it Brexit. "Real", or "actual", if you feel that you must qualify it.

The UK isn't preparing for (real, actual) Brexit though. They're preparing for no-change, which means no Brexit.

The people running the show think that it's not going to happen.

Although I can still hope and dream. Hopes and dreams are bulletproof.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
We could do what your beloved China does and just steal the know-how I suppose. Or rather, steal it back again Laughing

So when you STEAL it's OK but when others STEAL it's not OK? Note how the US did not respect intellectual property all the way until the 1920s. But that's completely OK right? Or you know rocketry and gun powder... guess who you stole that off?

Even better so when is Australia going to be given back to the natives?

Not a UK thing. Diego Garcia then?

If you do not condemn these things then you cannot condemn others.

Secondly you're not thinking hard enough.

Intellectual property is a condition of doing business.

Don't like it then find another market to do business in. If you're so incredibly short sighted that you sell your IP for a quick buck then who is the dumb one? Ford's short termism in the 1970s meant they sold obsolete engines to Hyundai. Ford executives didn't have the foresight to consider the future only the profits in the 1970s.

They thought Koreans were as dumb as rocks and thought they couldn't develop the technology. 30 years later Hyundai is bigger than Ford.
Itchy This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

So when you STEAL it's OK but when others STEAL it's not OK?

Well, not from just anyone, no. But it's only China we're talking about Thumbs Up

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Well, not from just anyone, no. But it's only China we're talking about Thumbs Up

Your ignorance is showing.

In the US there is some thing called the Jet Propulsion laboratory. This was founded in 1930 by CALTECH. One of the founding members was Qian Xuesen. A Chinese national.

Theodore von Kármán stated that he contributed enormously to aerodynamics and jet propulsion. In fact several prototypes to rival the V2 rocket were developed.

Except in 1950 the FBI seized all his notes and research and placed him under house arrest as a communist. He then tried to leave the USA but was arrested by the FBI for taking official secrets out of the USA. Except he was exonerated as there were no classified documents. The FBI took all of his notes and all of his papers... of course taking it from him isn't stealing right?

He returned to China in 1955 and was involved in the PRC nuclear project and within 9 years built their first A-bomb and 2 years later their first hydrogen bomb.

Care to show even more of your ignorance?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Care to show even more of your ignorance?

Nah, I'll just show somebody else's:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34324252

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/25/article-1230824-075CFD49000005DC-984_468x555.jpg

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 22:07 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Do you have any examples that involve the application of geopolitical leverage, applied by Britain ("us"), for the direct benefit of actual Britons?

Sir, I don't believe there are any recent ones, as Britain on its own is a 2nd rate country at best and has been so for almost a century.

My entire point is that EU as a whole has capacity to play with the big kids and therefore it's beneficial for us to stick with it, as recent events show.
For instance, if it wasn't for the Bombardier affair becoming a whole EU business after Airbus got involved, the British workers would have suffered. Everything UK could throw at Boeing on its own was a laughable threat of not buying a few helicopters.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:21 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Jesus H Christ! Is Titchy really trying to pretend ChinaChinaChina doesn’t nick Western designs and copy them badly?

That’s grade A ignorance right there.

The copycat cars alone are laughable.

Hey Mpd are you ever going to apologise? Nah you're too thick and lacking in self awareness to even come close to holding a candle to me or anybody for that matter.

And yes you do still need to apologise because we caught you lying multiple times.

How does it feel to be a worthless person. I mean shit a tea bag can outwit you.

But you're such a POWERFUL and smart individual that you can refute all my arguments so much so that you block me... oh wait that's because YOU CAN'T.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thicko here's some news for you.

mpd72 wrote:
If we’re a second rate country as you like to pretend, the EU will be fine with losing one of its top net funders then.

The EU Japan trade deal has MORE THAN MADE UP FOR THE UK contribution.

Before you even dare think it.

The UK is NOT entitled to the Japan trade deal because there is no grand fathering unless there is a deal made. There is currently no deal or plans for a deal.

Japan CANNOT give the UK 0% tariffs because under WTO MFN rules they have to offer 0% to 167 other nations too. Yes Japan will drop tariffs to 0% to offer the UK the same terms... yeah right and you're not thick.

But you're too thick to realise that.

Coz I say so and insults are NOT an argument before you even think of this.

mpd72 wrote:
Without our money, it’s going to get pretty tough for GEUrmoney and France to make up a sizeable deficit. If they lose us as one of the biggest markets too, their manufacturing will suffer.

Japan trade deal means they now have a new market. As does Canada.

Also the demand has ALREADY been made. Credit brings forward demand of the future. Most cars and stuff in the UK is bought with debt therefore future demand has ALREADY been bought.

mpd72 wrote:
We’re a net funder and net importer with the EU. Only a retard can’t understand the EU will be impacted more than us if we ever got the Brexit we wanted.

Keep telling yourself that. At 40 you can't even get yourself out of the basic tax bracket and you think you're some kind super man. I mean hell you can't even pay off a £60,000 mortgage in 15 years Very Happy You're useless.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 139 of 523