Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

Is that your answer? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Absolutely, in that you're citing a UK government controlled source. The UK government of course NEVER EVER EVER lies right?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

You can just call it Brexit. "Real", or "actual", if you feel that you must qualify it.

The UK isn't preparing for (real, actual) Brexit though. They're preparing for no-change, which means no Brexit.
f.

When there are plans for stockpiling food oh and this:

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1019594403525136384

Then it's going to happen.

I mean if it's going to be such a fantastic success then why would the above be needed? BREXIT is supposed to make you all rich beyond your wildest dreams and all of humanity to grovel at your feet!!!

Oh and to the above? Add in water crisis too Very Happy
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
BREXIT is supposed to make you all rich beyond your wildest dreams and all of humanity to grovel at your feet!!!

Where do you get this stuff from? Honestly Itchy, you do come out with some nonsense sometimes. It just goes to show that you really don't understand the people who want out of the EU at all.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Absolutely, in that you're citing a UK government controlled source. The UK government of course NEVER EVER EVER lies right?

So you think that when the US and Britain claim China, whether government or military, is involved in industrial espionage, they are outright lying? Do you have evidence to that effect? Or is it because of Iraq, they must be lying? Surely you don't look at the world in such simplistic terms?

And do you think that the Chinese government NEVER EVER EVER (and boy, did it feel silly writing it like that Laughing ) lies?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
It just goes to show that you really don't understand the people who want out of the EU at all.

It's simple people vote on ideology and principle. They are even willing to subject themselves to cognitive dissonance, facts? Consequences? Constraints? Reality DO NOT MATTER.

This is aptly summed up by an increase in the chocolate rations.

Or history

In 1949 the communists won the civil war. Many cheered the communists. A mere 20 years later the cheers were considerably muted as 120 million of them were dead. The fields of wheat were destroyed and the nation that had been the wealthiest and most powerful for 2000 years was suddenly poorer than Sub Saharan Africa.

The problem that ideology and principle do not defy reality and constraints set by reality.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:45 - 18 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
And do you think that the Chinese government NEVER EVER EVER (and boy, did it feel silly writing it like that Laughing ) lies?

All groups and people lie. So what is the key difference?

Some lies are bigger and have more serious consequences that others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_testimony

For instance led to 110,000 dead in Iraq war 1, 565,000 dead from sanctions and 360,000 dead in Iraq war 2 which of course are TOTALLY OK for some strange reason.

Or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident

1.1 million dead in the Vietnam war. 10,000+ birth defects and disabilities each year since the Vietnam war which of course are TOTALLY OK for some strange reason.

But yeah we're the GOOD GUYS!!!!

I mean HOW DARE Chileans vote for the WRONG guy Allende deserved to die!!!!

How dare Iranians choose Mohammad Mosaddegh!!! How dare they keep their own oil!!!!

OUR LIES are for the good of our profits DEMOCRACY!!! AND FREEDOM!!! Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:12 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

It's simple people vote on ideology and principle. They are even willing to subject themselves to cognitive dissonance, facts? Consequences? Constraints? Reality DO NOT MATTER.

This is aptly summed up by an increase in the chocolate rations.

Or history

In 1949 the communists won the civil war. Many cheered the communists. A mere 20 years later the cheers were considerably muted as 120 million of them were dead. The fields of wheat were destroyed and the nation that had been the wealthiest and most powerful for 2000 years was suddenly poorer than Sub Saharan Africa.

The problem that ideology and principle do not defy reality and constraints set by reality.

Yes, it is simple. People want Brexit so they can get back control of immigration, without having an outside source tell them who they must take in (Merkel has much to answer for here, but she was just the straw that broke the camel's back). Contrary to the hysterical claims of some press and Leave voters, it doesn't mean we're all racist. They want out of the EU because they believe that the EU will continue on to ever greater political union, ending in a superstate, the nature of which will have been largely formed by the powerhouses of Berlin in conjunction with Paris, which was not what they thought they signed up for originally. Because they don't like the direction that political union is going. Because they don't like the extra layer of bureaucracy in Brussels, which they feel makes decisions that affect their lives without them getting enough say in the matter. Because they don't want their government to be faceless and seemingly unaccountable to them. Because they already feel they have national government to ignore their wishes, why have the EU do the same?
And because they don't feel the EU is this great panacea that some seem to regard it as. They see it has problems of it's own, which they don't want compounding their own.

All your examples from history are well and good. It might even be useful to learn from some of it. but you're entirely missing the point. People just want their own country back. They don't think we'll be some kind of superpower, as you seem to think they do. They don't even particularly want that we should be. They just want half decent lives with a chance to make something of them. They still want to engage with the world, and they don't expect favourable treatment from it. They're happy to succeed or fail on their own merits, or lack of.

So now you have Brexit, or some half-hearted concoction that the government is turning it into. So what are you as a remainer going to do? It's here. It's not just those who voted to leave that will have to deal with it. So you can either tear it apart and whinge and whine, or you can try to make the best of it. Personally, I'm not a great deal of use these days, what with all my injuries and ailments, so I'm willing to make the best of things whatever we end up with. What are YOU going to do?

Oh no, I forgot, you don't feel you have any stake in this country in any case, do you. Well aren't you the one we should all listen to Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:13 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave your last post a "funny". I mean, what else could I give it?

Itchy, I'm sorry but you just over-complicate the matter. BCF isn't populated by politicians and corporate businessmen. It's mostly made up of people with far humbler outlooks. But they got given a vote, and the country's future is just as much theirs.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I gave your last post a "funny". I mean, what else could I give it?

Itchy, I'm sorry but you just over-complicate everything. BCF isn't populated by politicians and corporate businessmen. It's mostly made up of people with far humbler outlooks. But they got given a vote, and the country's future is just as much theirs.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:21 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Could someone explain to me what Itchy is actually trying to say in this thread? Aside from "we're alllllll doooooomed!" I mean, I think I get everyone else and their positions, but Itchy just puzzles me. He's like smoke, there's nothing of substance there.

Confused

Consider the space port.

The constraints are physics
, cost and know how.

Can you elaborate on this please?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Itchy wrote:

Consider the space port.

The constraints are physics
, cost and know how.

Can you elaborate on this please?

Oh, for crying out loud, don't encourage him! Crying or Very sad

Laughing

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Yes, it is simple. People want Brexit so they can get back control of immigration, without having an outside source tell them who they must take in (Merkel has much to answer for here, but she was just the straw that broke the camel's back). Contrary to the hysterical claims of some press and Leave voters, it doesn't mean we're all racist.

So what you're saying is you voted to leave the EU to control immigration from places like India, Pakistan and Africa which aren't in the EU...

GENIUS!!!

chickenstrip wrote:
They want out of the EU because they believe that the EU will continue on to ever greater political union

Yes and? Just because something is stated as a goal does not mean it is feasible and realistic or will actually happen.

Turkey for instance has wanted to join the EU for 30 or so years. They passed 2 of the 31 tests 3 years ago to join the EU. Today they pass 1 of those 31 tests meaning their joining won't happen.

chickenstrip wrote:
People just want their own country back.

See the Sovereignty post. UK sovereignty has NEVER been in doubt. So back from who?

chickenstrip wrote:
They just want half decent lives with a chance to make something of them.

So what exactly is stopping them from doing this now or ten years ago or 20 years ago?

chickenstrip wrote:
They still want to engage with the world, and they don't expect favourable treatment from it.

Funny how every proposal the UK government has made has been I want the perks but none of the responsibilities. Or hell that guy who was an illegal immigrant and encouraged others to work illegally. Yet at the same time wants his own nation to have strong immigration laws and is anti illegal immigrant.

chickenstrip wrote:
They're happy to succeed or fail on their own merits, or lack of.

Some do some do not.

Employers aren't charities they choose who is going to make the most money for them. If you're not this person then you can't they be stealing our jobs mentality.

I mean hell there was a woman on Newsbeat today who said jobs should be taken from Europeans in the UK and given to UK people. What if those UK people aren't qualified for it? What about the 20% functionally illiterate people? Who caused this situation?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:44 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you attend a lot of parties? Do you find yourself stood alone at them? Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:15 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBF, he turned up to the paintball we had a few years back.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:37 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Do you attend a lot of parties? Do you find yourself stood alone at them? Laughing

He's worse than Tef for utter waffling shite. Laughing

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything leads to economic armaggedon, and there is no relevant measure other than money. Wink

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wish BCF's search worked properly so I could find his wonderful prediction of hyperinflation a few years back and how we'd all struggle to be able to afford a loaf of bread.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:39 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
The UK isn't preparing for (real, actual) Brexit though. They're preparing for no-change, which means no Brexit.
f.

When there are plans for stockpiling food oh and this:

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1019594403525136384

So, again: we're not preparing.

Do you genuinely not understand the difference between the real now, and the hypothetical future? Thinking

We're clearly not leaving the EU, so we'll get free trade with your betters in Japan.

chickenstrip wrote:
Itchy wrote:
So when you STEAL it's OK but when others STEAL it's not OK?

Well, not from just anyone, no. But it's only China we're talking about Thumbs Up

I think the general principle is that it's OK if you're taking from anyone who could fairly be described as a "native". It's not like they're going to bestir themselves to invent anything useful with the local resources off their own backs, or they'd have done so already.

The history of China-China-China is essentially:

Arrow Invent gunpowder 12,000 years ago and use it for fireworks.
Arrow Force the peasants to toil in the fields until they're 150, shelling rice and milking silkworms.
Arrow Force the peasants to toil in the factories until they're 150, making technology ripped off from Europeans or their superiors in Japan.
Arrow Economic colonialism.

I certainly admire the ruthless efficiency with which they're putting whole nations into debt by lending them the money to build infrastructure that they can't maintain or even complete.

Anyway, back on topic, terrorfear from dead tree publishers (gotta support your buggy whip industry), and Raab goes to Brussels for no good reason that I can see.

Surely they'll just pat him on the head and hand him some Tintins and a colouring book to keep him occupied.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:26 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I do wish BCF's search worked properly so I could find his wonderful prediction of hyperinflation a few years back and how we'd all struggle to be able to afford a loaf of bread.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1743535#1743535

"I think something I'm not sure what will happen"

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta but that wasn't the one.

Itchy wrote:

"I think something I'm not sure what will happen due to hyper price inflation sometime soon if you've been watching the markets currently the £ is falling to bits on the open market = more price increases.

My thoughts are the thing that lights the powder keg which has been slowly filling for many years is Digital TV switch over many will not be able to be distracted by this , and missing Eastenders or corrination street will cause a revolution.

Unfortunately big brother has machine guns and it may well be a replay of 1989 Tianmen square , which the BBC anchormen and women will be forced at gunpoint to spin it to the government's choosing.

Even worse the government currently has emergency anti terrorism laws to allow machine guns to be used against civilians.

All they have to do is ensure death squads are not sent to their home counties."

Still, it does indicate that his crystal ball is a bit out of tune.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy's problem is that he works everything out with mathematical precision, or tries to. But he completely fails to take into account the human aspect, which will always leave him wrong-footed. Itchy has no humanity. In that regard, he is exactly like the EU, and many politicians the world over, who rely on economic projections and models to guide their policies. Such models just don't work in the real world.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:45 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
But he completely fails to take into account the human aspect

Because his human interactions tend to be transactional?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:00 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Ta but that wasn't the one.

It's no small task to go through all his posts that are predicting the end of the world. Razz

From the 23rd of January 2008:
Itchy wrote:
well I do predict by 2015-2020 that UK currency will be badly devalued that pennies will be obselete and you will have ten pound coins and twenty pound coins , paper money smallest denomination will be £100 note.

Check out Zimbawe with its hyper inflation economy, where a bus fare is 1.6million ! and inflation is at 15000%

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1695393#1695393

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably close enough ta Smile

It was his prediction of the price of a loaf that sticks in my mind

His predictions are so wrong he should advise Mark Carney
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 140 of 523