Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
But he completely fails to take into account the human aspect

Because his human interactions tend to be transactional?

Actually, having met him at a couple of BBQs, I found him to be a nice enough chap in the flesh, even has a sense of humour. It's just that when he gets to talking of subjects like this one, he gets into this intellectual mode, where he seems to need to seem superior. But he's the one whose ignorance of reality lets him down. His signature bangs on about something to do with leaving your mark in the world. But he neglects to give any reason why you should do this. It's just something he has picked up by rote. And if he is so superior, why aren't we hearing about his wonderful achievements?
Perhaps it's because he's still young, and lacks experience in life. He's still wedded too closely to his formal education, and hasn't learned to temper it with actual reality.

Sorry for the character assassination Itchy, but you brought it upon yourself.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:37 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, we're all playing to the peanut gallery here. I don't buy three-figure lunches for random tarts who are only interested in demanding to know what I drive, what I earn, and what I can give them, mind.

panrider_uk wrote:
His predictions are so wrong he should advise Mark Carney

Oh, I have no doubt that he does, although I imagine he's long since been blicked.

Suggestion: we could get a great deal and free stuff from the EU if we threaten to destroy Israel. Idea

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ah, we're all playing to the peanut gallery here.

I'm a proud occupant of it, and I will throw things at the performers if they disappoint me. Deal with it Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Ah, we're all playing to the peanut gallery here.

I'm a proud occupant of it, and I will throw things at the performers if they disappoint me. Deal with it Very Happy

That's why i liked going in the circle at a cinema as a kid. But of course today's youngsters don't have that pleasure of dropping nasties on the cheap seats (unless you go to the theatre). Cool

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is a circle jerk.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Borg, I seem to remember you saying a while back that you wouldn't be sorry to see N.I. handed over to the EU as part of the Brexit deal, but can't find that comment now. Did you suggest that?

The silence on the subject here is certainly deafening.

Discuss, if you dare!

Pass the popcorn

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:22 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we give them Scotland as well?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:37 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Mr. Borg, I seem to remember you saying a while back that you wouldn't be sorry to see N.I. handed over to the EU as part of the Brexit deal, but can't find that comment now. Did you suggest that?

Absolutely I did. If we could just get rid of that damp wee land of angry entitled whinging Celtic spongers...

chickenstrip wrote:

You couldn't pay them enough to take us.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

chickenstrip did not wrote:

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

chickenstrip did not wrote:

mind you, it had occurred to chickenstrip when he did not wrote:

It also occurred to chickenstrip that Rogerborg chickened out in his reply Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:45 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

chickenstrip Ste wrote:

You couldn't pay them enough to take us.

Scotland is a gift to the EU, a gesture of good will. Thumbs Up

Also includes one free Val.

That is how you negotiate a good Brexit deal.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:50 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are too cunning to be understood.

Yes, I would like Great Britain to get shot of Norn Spudland. Absolutely and unequivocally. I am a Scotch-Englandshire Unionist, and the fewer sucking snouts on your spurting English money-teats the better.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Scotland is a gift to the EU, a gesture of good will. Thumbs Up

Also includes one free Val.

I'm in, I feel we could make up for the loss Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:53 - 20 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh, the plan would be to then use them as bargaining chips. Laughing

We won't force Scotland (We Found 9 Clips With "Forced Scotland") or Val (We Found 78 Clips With "Forced Val") on you if you stop being dicks about everything else (We Found 52 Clips With "Stop Being Dicks About Everything Else").

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:01 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The human element? The human element IS to cheat sound money. Kings of old reduced silver content of coins. The users clipped coins. Inflation IS human nature.

The fun thing is that printing money is now normalised.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4403263.stm

Quote:
"Why can't you get extra money printed for poorer people, it's only paper after all." Mr Blair attempted to explain the fundamentals of inflation, saying: "The more extra money you print, the more it loses its value and what happens is the prices start to rise ... so money becomes worthless ... we haven't got inflation at the moment, but when we had it prices go up, which is bad for people."

2008. EMERGENCY measures requiring HoC debate, TV discussions etc. 375bn printed in 4 years (2009-2012).

2016 500bn printed with barely any media coverage.

2018 BoE plans to print 800bn to 'mitigate risks'.

So you're saying printing 1650bn* (about 70%) of GDP isn't an eye opener? Both main political parties are money printers. With Labour's peoples' QE and people demanding it be done again but for the people.

Well you can print as much as you want until of course people lose confidence.

Yeah about that...

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/foreign-investment-in-the-uk-has-fallen-92-since-2016-why/

TL:DR UK FDI is down 92%. 2016 is an outlier though so it's actually down 50%-60% based on non outlier years.

*for reference the 2016-17 income tax take was 177bn and VAT was 119bn
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:57 - 21 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying that we starting printing money 7 years before the Brexit vote in clear anticipation of it? Wow, you Remoaners really do have crystal balls. Did you foresee borrowing falling to an 11 year low, #DespiteBrexit?

My understanding is that China-China-China is constantly finding ways to devalue its currency in order to boost exports.

Since we're not unethical enough to manipulate markets to that extent, all we have left is to print funny money in the hope that Sterling will fall. It's not working very well though, as it remains stubbornly stable despite us printing a trillionbillion pounds every second. Sad

Back on topic, to nobody's surprise, Barnier wipes his arse with May's abject surrender document, although he's clearly struggling to find anything else that he can actually demand.

On cue, Soubry moans that May's Brexit In Name Only is still too Brexity, and needs to be softened. She's not quite calling Mogg Literal Hitler just yet, although give her time, and a few bottles of gin.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 22 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anybody missed this:

Vote Leave cheated and broke the law. Both May and Corbyn are hiding behind the police.

Declaring 2016 2nd ref. anull based on the fact for the electoral fraud established by the Electoral Commission and restoring the UK democracy has nothing to do with the police investigation which can happily do its job too.

https://i.imgur.com/W8Qpj7f.jpg

I do have started stockpiling long shelve life foods today.
White beans, lentils, flour, canned food, red salmon.

BTW red salmon is the food of choice for any self-respecting metropolitan elite Brexit prepper...

Only low life peasants like Boris Johnson can survive Brexit on bisquits and tea Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/BU3FEFl.jpg

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 22 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i1.wp.com/order-order.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/PA.jpg?w=878&ssl=1

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 22 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

It is not about who spent how much, and it's not about opinion who is more righteous. 80% of the papers in circulation were supporting Leave. Unbiased BBC majority of news sources were right wing, Farage has more time on BBC then anybody else.

Anyhow it's about the fact that Vote Leave cheated and broke the law.

Means the result is invalid. You can't sugarcoat that Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 22 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

It is not about who spent how much, and it's not about opinion who is more righteous. 80% of the papers in circulation were supporting Leave. Unbiased BBC majority of news sources were right wing, Farage has more time on BBC then anybody else.

Anyhow it's about the fact that Vote Leave cheated and broke the law.

Means the result is invalid. You can't sugarcoat that Laughing

Oh come on, that's desperate. Remain spent £5.5 million more than Leave (-so if 80% of literature was Leave [source?] what were Remain spending money on?) yet you want to invalidate the referendum because an element of Leave was found to have bent rules to the tune of £625,000.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote Leave cheated and broke the law.

And if the UK continues this road, here what will happen:

https://i.imgur.com/nJ7llBo.png

INB4 project fear - I seriously doubt you're better then Amazon CEO.

https://i.imgur.com/2F3oALT.jpg

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:21 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People rioted over the poll tax.

People rioted across the country because some bloke got shot in London.

A decade or so ago people rioted because their football team lost.

The largest disruption to this country since WW2 is coming. Yet many think that it is going to pass peacefully...

A whole lot of you have more faith in people than me...
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 23 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on a minute, did someone say DOOMED! We're all DOOMED!

Hmm, now which side of the argument are they on.....
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 250 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 141 of 523