Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:04 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted before but repeated for lolz

Would you like chips with your Labour gammon?

John McDonnell: Labour wants to push ahead with Brexit

On eve of conference, shadow chancellor defies calls for party to promise second referendum

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/22/john-mcdonnell-labour-wants-to-push-ahead-with-brexit

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corbyn is anti EU anyway. He's probably happy Sharia May is doing the dirty work and he can get on with gassing (about) Jews.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being a useless opposition party Corbyn's lot want only one thing, a general election, and they'll do any damage necessary to force one, be that to the Tories, to Brexit/Remain (whichever way it goes, they don't care) or to the country. I fear a Corbyn government but I think they've hooked enough new snowflakes to make it happen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Despite being a useless opposition party Corbyn's lot want only one thing, a general election, and they'll do any damage necessary to force one, be that to the Tories, to Brexit/Remain (whichever way it goes, they don't care) or to the country. I fear a Corbyn government but I think they've hooked enough new snowflakes to make it happen.

If Corbyn gets in I'm going to sail across the channel to France, invade the Canal du Midi and tell them I'm a true Europhile Liar and can I come and live there.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 22 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING: RIP Brexit.

Corbyn just have siad he will support Peoples Vote EU referendum: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-back-second-referendum-13292683

Quote:
“What comes out of conference I will adhere to. But I’m not calling for a second referendum. I hope we will agree that the best way of resolving this is a General Election.

“But I was elected to empower the members of the party. So if conference makes a decision I will not walk away from it and I will act accordingly.”

Spoiler alert 93% of labours will vote for EU referendum according to latest YouGov poll.

That will be the end of Brexit and the tories.

Corbyn will have a majority to force Peoples Vote on May via Parliament on whatever May has agreed with EU or on a no deal

Corbyn don't have the majority to force new election before he puts his weight and wins the EU ref. vote

Means only winning route for him is:
1. EU ref win based on that May will have to give her resignation she backs Brexit.
2. GE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:30 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
BREAKING: RIP Brexit.

I actually think you are right - if they have a vote.

They, whoever they are, will bias it so it splits the leave vote.

However we have to have a general election first, and a labour win and either is far from certain or the Eurocrats have to accept the Chequers agreement and it gets accepted by parliament and is then put to the people.

Non of those is very likely.

Just no deal can't be put to the people as that would be another referendum so it pays the remainers to get a bad deal, accept it in parliament and then put a biased vote to the people.

Even with our mealy mouthed, pocket filling, lying scum we call politicians, I can't see them agreeing to that.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:29 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I actually think you are right - if they have a vote.

They, whoever they are, will bias it so it splits the leave vote.

That's pretty disingenuous though. What you're thinking is these options:

A Remain
B Soft Brexit
C Hard Brexit.

Therefore splitting it between B and C.

A more likely thing would the ballot would be split into two.

A- Remain
B- Leave
+
B1 - Soft
B2 - Hard

Therefore there would be no split. You're also making the assumption that the vote would go the other way.

Polarbear wrote:
Just no deal can't be put to the people

It doesn't need to be put to the people. The moment Article 50 letter was given it was always going to be this way.

2 years on and you're still confusing the withdrawal process with the relationship with the EU post March 29th.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:13 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2018/sep/23/labour-conference-liverpool-jeremy-corbyn-say-he-will-accept-any-labour-conference-decision-on-second-brexit-referendum-politics-live

"Staying in EU should not be option in any Brexit second referendum, says Unite's McCluskey"

An acceptance of democracy. Well done!
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2018/sep/23/labour-conference-liverpool-jeremy-corbyn-say-he-will-accept-any-labour-conference-decision-on-second-brexit-referendum-politics-live

"Staying in EU should not be option in any Brexit second referendum, says Unite's McCluskey"

An acceptance of democracy. Well done!

Balls to that, all they'll do is make a soft Brexit so soft, we might as well still be in.

Remember, Brexit means Brexit... Spoken straight from the mouth of Remainer May.

What are you on about. McCluskey says "we're leaving, any referendum can only include "leave with a deal" or "leave without a deal" - which is well said, isn't it - and you say "all they'll do is make it a soft Brexit"? I take it that that's a definite "Whoosh!".

Why the hell you say "remainer May" also, I have no idea.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:30 - 23 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Labour, as majority Remoaners, are pushing to overturn a proper Brexit.

If you’re also unaware that the PM was a staunch remainer, you’re either naive or in the wrong forum.

1) What Mr McClusky said was good wasn't it, and he is right, isn't he.

2) If the PM is a staunch remainer, she's doing well at getting us out of the EU and her repeated and unequivocal statements indicate that is her aim.

3) I am quite able to make up my own mind, thank you, in this forum or any other.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
posted before but repeated for lolz

Would you like chips with your Labour gammon?

John McDonnell: Labour wants to push ahead with Brexit

On eve of conference, shadow chancellor defies calls for party to promise second referendum

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/22/john-mcdonnell-labour-wants-to-push-ahead-with-brexit

And the latest is:

"McDonnell: new Brexit referendum should not include remain option"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/24/mcdonnell-new-brexit-referendum-should-not-include-remain-option

I am surprised and pleased that such people have spoken in favour of respecting the referendum result.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
How on earth is ...

https://bit.ly/2IaC8oV

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

*plonk*

Well, that does not seem to work. I'll just have to relegate you to the status of Val. I hope you & she are happy together.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 24 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pet owners who want to take their animals to the EU face having to make plans at least four months in advance if there is no Brexit deal.
This worst-case scenario is set out in the latest batch of government papers about planning for leaving the EU without a deal in place.
Currently pets can travel with their owners throughout the EU thanks to the pet passport scheme.

At the moment people can take their dogs, cats or ferrets from the UK to the EU and back again without quarantine.

Analysis by Chris Morris, BBC Reality Check:
These no-deal notices will make uncomfortable reading for many businesses and consumers, but also for the government.

Shit just got real.
Rolling Eyes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45629472

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You reckon?

"This worst-case scenario is set out in the latest batch of government papers about planning for leaving the EU without a deal in place."

I reckon the most likely outcome is that when we leave there'll just be a fudge (a dog's name) or a lot of fudges (Woof! Woof!! Woof, woof, woof! Woof!!) to make things work.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for my simplistic view, but I always thought the idea of deciding to leave then having to 'negotiate' to retain the good bits was a bad idea.

Simplistic again, but given that we all know much more about the implications now, having another vote is not 'undemocratic', rather it sounds like common sense to me. Calling it undemocratic is cutting ones nose off to spite one's face.

If we continue the way we are going, we will leave without a deal unless one side gives in, which won't happen. Its like two egos playing chicken and neither has the balls to budge. The only possible way forward therefore is to ask the electorate what we shoud do, and ask it quickly...

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:05 - 25 Sep 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 156 of 523