Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
If we were a democracy, there would be no need for a second referendum. But I worry that we're about to find out that a democracy is one thing we're not.

If Remain won a second referendum, I'd be looking forward to the third one though Smile

Aye I totally agree, The country voted to stay in the European Community in 1975 and that should be binding and permanent. Laughing Thumbs Up
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:18 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
If we were a democracy, there would be no need for a second referendum. But I worry that we're about to find out that a democracy is one thing we're not.

If Remain won a second referendum, I'd be looking forward to the third one though Smile

Aye I totally agree, The country voted to stay in the European Community in 1975 and that should be binding and permanent. Laughing Thumbs Up

If the terms and structure of the European Community had remained as they were when we joined, I might be inclined to agree. But the EU is a very different thing - its remit has grown to encompass many more aspects of the day-to-day concerns of individual nations within. So in 2016, we voted about a markedly different institution.

The fact that such a large part of the UK population voted to leave I believe justifies the 2016 referendum. And in that referendum, we saw a clear majority, and in a democracy the minority, however large, does not win the day.

The day the EU becomes a super-state, with a single sovereign government, is the day when it might be reasonable not to allow former individual nations to decide whether or not they wish to remain within it. Even the EU does not dispute the legality, or indeed the validity, of the 2016 referendum. In fact, we invoked EU legislation to leave.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:23 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me, I bet you're fun at parties. Rolling Eyes Laughing
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
Fuck me, I bet you're fun at parties. Rolling Eyes Laughing

No, I'm not Evil or Very Mad

Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Sadly this makes a second referendum more likely (I didn't think it would happen) because the only way out for Parliament is a, "We've changed our minds," vote from the electorate (or at least those who bother to vote). A "Just get on with it!" Leave majority would be a classic British Middle Finger though. Laughing

I'm not sure I would. I only registered to vote for the referendum and have since de-registered. If it's a choice between May's deal or staying in I wouldn't want either. I might threaten to do a Val though Laughing

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pound and shares have gone down. Your average Brexiteers hold no shares, relatively little money, so the value of such things means little. Remainers however own most of the shares and are often spending their wealth abroad.

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
We shouldn't even be considering a second referendum.

Any vote now should be simply

- Shit deal
- No deal

Remain / Leave was done. It's depressing to think there is even a chance that could be overturned... 😐

A second referendum would be a risky thing for remain campaigners. they would have a very high probability of being assaulted or killed, particularly if they are an MP or high profile. The descriptions used of Brexit voters by remainers as racist, poor, uneducated, useless are going to provoke extreme levels of anger and hatred.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I... have... de-registered.

Then why are you expressing an opinion here?
M.C. wrote:
I might threaten to do a Val though Laughing

You mean remain? Crying or Very sad Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to agree there is a risk of sustained civil unrest if another referendum were held with the option to remain in the EU included. Even the government and police have acknowledged this.

Then, virus, you shall have your party! Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:49 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I'm inclined to agree there is a risk of sustained civil unrest if another referendum were held with the option to remain in the EU included. Even the government and police have acknowledged this.

I could do with a new telly though. Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I could do with a new telly though. Wink

Telly? Fuck that, they've some gorgeous bikes in at my local dealer Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
A second referendum would be a risky thing for remain campaigners. they would have a very high probability of being assaulted or killed, particularly if they are an MP or high profile. The descriptions used of Brexit voters by remainers as racist, poor, uneducated, useless are going to provoke extreme levels of anger and hatred.

https://www.northstandchat.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89309&stc=1&d=1505339555

Question

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
M.C wrote:
I... have... de-registered.

Then why are you expressing an opinion here?

Confused Is this like that stupid "I don't do politics so therefore do not have a say" advert years ago. I don't vote in elections because I don't agree with the system, also it's another database to be on, and actually the most effective for finding people. The referendum was a special case.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Where'd you get that picture of me?! I demand you remove it at once!

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
A second referendum would be a risky thing for remain campaigners. they would have a very high probability of being assaulted or killed, particularly if they are an MP or high profile.

What is the actual risk here? OAPs throwing slippers?

https://i.imgur.com/aLWY9uu.jpg

About the next EU referendum Leavers are literally history:

No Brexit 54%
No deal 32%
May's deal 14%

https://interactive.news.sky.com/BREXIT1_151118.pdf

chickenstrip wrote:

Then, virus, you shall have your party! Laughing

Bonus: actual photo of Chickesntrip in action Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/4m0C9TC.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

About the next EU referendum Leavers are literally history:

No Brexit 54%
No deal 32%
May's deal 14%

Ah yes, like the last one where they said the same.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 15 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ah yes, like the last one where they said the same.

The EC would not accept any such thing, so it's not worth bothering to think about.

What now? Still heading for a leaving arrangement or "blind Brexit".
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 09:10 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running an insurance business and want to flourish in Greatest Brexitain?
Move to Luxembourg!

Liberty Specialty Markets wrote:

The structure that we are announcing today will set us up perfectly to take advantage of the opportunities that we have in Europe in the post-Brexit environment. Moving our insurance company to Luxembourg will minimise any disruption to our clients and staff by providing continuity of our insurance company paper.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:33 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
Running an insurance business and want to flourish in Greatest Brexitain?
Move to Luxembourg!

Liberty Specialty Markets wrote:

The structure that we are announcing today will set us up perfectly to take advantage of the opportunities that we have in Europe in the post-Brexit environment. Moving our insurance company to Luxembourg will minimise any disruption to our clients and staff by providing continuity of our insurance company paper.

So they no longer wish to have access to Europe's largest single insurance market then? What an odd decision.

It may be a novel concept for some, but I guess they made a detailed analysis how Brexit affects their business and made an informed decision.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

It may be a novel concept for some, but I guess they made a detailed analysis how Brexit affects their business and made an informed decision.

So we've found them then? The only people in the entire world who are actually informed about what happens after Brexit? Laughing

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:08 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

So we've found them then? The only people in the entire world who are actually informed about what happens after Brexit? Laughing

They work with the same information as everyone else and based on that information they decide to bail their assets and/or operations out of UK.

Of course they may be doing it just for the fun of it. As we all know, the purpose of doing a business is entertainment.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Of course they may be doing it just for the fun of it. As we all know, the purpose of doing a business is entertainment.

And I take it entertainment is the business you're in.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 16 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

What is the actual risk here? OAPs throwing slippers?

https://i.imgur.com/aLWY9uu.jpg

This demonstrates how mono-cultural and incestuous the metropolitan elite really is. If the UK were run for normal people all around the country, and not just for the rich London elite, then maybe Brexit wouldn't have happened. London is totally out of touch as your picture shows this well with leave an insignificant minority and remain a rich elite.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 161 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 179 of 523